How can you reconcile Anakin with Carrie's statements?

13Next

Replies

• jdport
    82 posts Member
    Options

Fake. Doesn't even match her Twitter handle
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jdport wrote: »

It's not from Twitter, dude. It's a Discord Slack channel @jdport
    Post edited by Val_Galahadred on
  • Options
    As someone who works hard to maintain solid arena rankings I try and keep up with the meta. I spend when I can and I do ok for myself but I’m no whale. I spend so I can maintain as close to a F2P status as possible. The DR meta has been frustrating. Malak made it even more difficult. I have DR but have seen a dip in rankings. I have worked on counters. Then Malak arrives and I pay to go for him (probably a little too late) and finally get a shot at the second half of the event - LS. I dropped the necessary money and ran out of time to unlock Malak. Closest I’ve ever come to a rage quit. So the JKA rework and counter has given me hope of being able to compete. It’s still a challenge but gives me hope to avoid rage quitting. Wish they would just leave it be.
  • jdport
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jdport wrote: »

It's not from Twitter, dude. It's a Discord channel @jdport

Post edited by jdport on
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yeah, it's CubsFanHan on Twitter sharing a Tweet of the same Discord Slack screenshot that I shared. What's your point, my man? That you don't know the difference between the two types of technology?
    Post edited by Val_Galahadred on
  • jdport
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yeah, it's CubsFanHan on Twitter sharing a Tweet of the same Discord screenshot that I shared. What's your point, my man? That you don't know the difference between the two types of technology?

You wanna find that on Cub's Twitter feed for me? I'm no expert, but I looked
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    a86tbc9hwnsv.jpeg

This is the part I really don’t get. Malak was supposed to be a “super-legendary” that offset reworks... If he was supposed to be a super legendary that offset reworks, why in the world did you release a rework like a week after releasing your super-legendary that completely destroys him??? I can’t even put into words how nonsensical that is.

Then there is the part about how Malak was supposed to satisfy the whales whining about wanting something exclusive for the money they put into the game. Again, Malak was supposed to fit that role. He did fit that role perfectly...for a week. The whales, like myself, were generally pretty happy. Those of us that got malak, especially those of us that were able to 7 star him right away, were holding really well on defense in arena. Then a week later you made the whales angry again by countering Malak with the Anakin rework.

What in the world is going on?? My only conclusion can be not to spend money on anything because whatever you spend money on could be made useless (or at least made far less effective) a week later. That’s just my personal take from all this and I’m not telling anyone else what to do or how to spend. I feel frozen now. Do I whale to get a new character not knowing if it’s going to actually be worth anything? Do I whale to get the new character but not gear it up for a week or two just in case something else is going to immediately come along that counters it? I almost feel like I need to put a two week hold on anything new. Get it, but then don’t touch it until I’m sure it’s actually going to work as advertised.

Quit complaining, you can still beat jedi on offense can you not? JKR teams can still beat darth revan+malak on offense too so this is nothing new.
  • Options

Draeth wrote: »
    Regardless of what you think about Carrie's statements on Twitter, she said what she said: Malak was a reward for spenders to get the exclusivity they wanted and reap an advantage from it.

So... How, in that context, does reworking Anakin to do 100k damage AoEs under Jedi Revan lead, wiping out the entire Darth Revan + Malak team in one hit, make any sense? At all?

just wait for your pay 2 win nerf on Anakin so u can win again after a long time.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

This is just nuts.

The last several days since Malak dropped, and especially since Malak was tweaked to prevent Palp meta 4.0, people were complaining about Malak being overpowered and unbeatable.

There is now a more accessible counter among the multiple counters, and people are angry about that.

This playerbase has no idea what it wants.

A viable counter shouldn’t one shot the entire team. That’s a broken counter. They need to make a change. I’ve no problem with having teams that can beat DR/Malak. But it shouldn’t be a walk in the park, and definitely not a one shot kills all deal. Anyone arguing that this is ok is obviously has an agenda, that primarily being they are either F2P, or they don’t have Malak and or/DR, or both. If you’ve spent money on DR and Malak you’d be **** off too if a reworked F2P toon could one shot your entire team that you spent hundreds on gearing and skilling up

• Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    I know what it looks like now. I'm asking if you checked this or had screenshots from before the rework. You keep saying they're amplified, but as I've said the only difference I've seen is the extra 25% on the rage ability.
    I've been using Anakin frequently before and after the rework, and the damage looks identical except for the small boost when the unique is triggered. I don't see any evidence so far off the multipliers being boosted, that's why I keep asking if you compared it to the previous code.

And yea gorem, I saw that also, he's on top of things. That part is very helpful against Dr, I was just pointing out that he could produce very similar results before his tweak

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ayo8ClbGGqQJ:https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-anakin/ability/deft-bladework+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

@Gannon -- Per the cached page, his basic multiplier was 190.5%.

• Options
    Malak is still exclusive. Those who have Malak still have an advantage. He's just not the only show in town, and he shouldn't be.

Exactly, It's not health for the game too have 1 team that's only beatable with the same team with faster speed mods.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

What in the world is going on?? My only conclusion can be not to spend money on anything because whatever you spend money on could be made useless (or at least made far less effective) a week later. That’s just my personal take from all this and I’m not telling anyone else what to do or how to spend. I feel frozen now. Do I whale to get a new character not knowing if it’s going to actually be worth anything? Do I whale to get the new character but not gear it up for a week or two just in case something else is going to immediately come along that counters it? I almost feel like I need to put a two week hold on anything new. Get it, but then don’t touch it until I’m sure it’s actually going to work as advertised.

I think you're on the right track here.Wait and see..

DR/Malak hasn't shown to be worth it so far.

• Options
    As per my guildie- the problem is JKR and the synergy with Jedi. All the touch ups and reworks coming soon.

Now imagine Jedi Luke and/or Jedi Rey.
    They created JKR too op and at the time with too much upside with factional benefits.

Turn Visas into OR and have JKR work with them like Drevan and Sith Empire.

For all of this hassle- even though it was a loop mechanic should’ve just kept Finn around.

All I can expect is more changes and outrage now.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    I forget who it was, but one of the game changers said that there was like an 80% win rate with JKA, and that’s on offense. Malak is still the meta, but there is at least a team out there that can beat him most of the time on offense, but gets bodied on defense. Kind of like how Grievous was a few months ago, but more immediately successful.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

This is just nuts.

The last several days since Malak dropped, and especially since Malak was tweaked to prevent Palp meta 4.0, people were complaining about Malak being overpowered and unbeatable.

There is now a more accessible counter among the multiple counters, and people are angry about that.

This playerbase has no idea what it wants.

A viable counter shouldn’t one shot the entire team. That’s a broken counter. They need to make a change. I’ve no problem with having teams that can beat DR/Malak. But it shouldn’t be a walk in the park, and definitely not a one shot kills all deal. Anyone arguing that this is ok is obviously has an agenda, that primarily being they are either F2P, or they don’t have Malak and or/DR, or both. If you’ve spent money on DR and Malak you’d be **** off too if a reworked F2P toon could one shot your entire team that you spent hundreds on gearing and skilling up

I have DR and Malak. Complaining about Anakin is unwarrented, a nerf would be bad for the game. You can win on offense. You can win on defense a bunch too if you have mods or beef up Malak. This is good for the game! The CHOSEN ONE being strong is GOOD FOR THE GAME. It is 100% a lie if someone says JKR and Anakin is a "walk in the park" and hyperbole like "One shot the entire team" is not helpful.

ETA: I do have an agenda. My agenda is to ensure arena is fun. Playing the "who's DB is faster" game is the opposite of FUN. Anyone supporting an Anakin nerf just so they don't have to play the game to place in arena is not thinking this through. We cannot end up with the same meta for 4-6 months again. A little variety is good!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    I forget who it was, but one of the game changers said that there was like an 80% win rate with JKA, and that’s on offense. Malak is still the meta, but there is at least a team out there that can beat him most of the time on offense, but gets bodied on defense. Kind of like how Grievous was a few months ago, but more immediately successful.

As a player with a g12 Malak, and a friendly member of a shard chat, my hope is this:

Darth Revan with Malak squads are beatable, albeit difficult. The goal is so that players can dethrone us from the top 5 spots in order to get their rewards, and then everyone else moving up the rest of the 24 hours will "go around" and avoid the Malak players, so we don't fall as far.

So far it's working out like that for me, so I'm happy. I don't expect any squad to be absolutely unbeatable. I just want it painful enough that most players choose to avoid me rather than attack me.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The speed with which complaints went from, "Anakin needed more than a tune-up; Anakin needed a rework," to, "OMG Anakin OP," is baffling.
    Still not a he.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    a86tbc9hwnsv.jpeg

This is the part I really don’t get. Malak was supposed to be a “super-legendary” that offset reworks... If he was supposed to be a super legendary that offset reworks, why in the world did you release a rework like a week after releasing your super-legendary that completely destroys him??? I can’t even put into words how nonsensical that is.

Then there is the part about how Malak was supposed to satisfy the whales whining about wanting something exclusive for the money they put into the game. Again, Malak was supposed to fit that role. He did fit that role perfectly...for a week. The whales, like myself, were generally pretty happy. Those of us that got malak, especially those of us that were able to 7 star him right away, were holding really well on defense in arena. Then a week later you made the whales angry again by countering Malak with the Anakin rework.

How does having a character that can win some of the time on offense only make DR/Malak Useless or even less effective? We have all been asking for variety in arena, they took it away with Palp and gave it back with Anakin. This is good for us!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

As a player with a g12 Malak, and a friendly member of a shard chat, my hope is this:

Darth Revan with Malak squads are beatable, albeit difficult. The goal is so that players can dethrone us from the top 5 spots in order to get their rewards, and then everyone else moving up the rest of the 24 hours will "go around" and avoid the Malak players, so we don't fall as far.

So far it's working out like that for me, so I'm happy. I don't expect any squad to be absolutely unbeatable. I just want it painful enough that most players choose to avoid me rather than attack me.

I don't have a G12 Malak but a g11 Malak and this is 100% spot on. Anakin is good for the meta. He provides another team that DR (with or without Malak) can beat up on during the climb. The folks with the really well modded DR teams will be avoided. I don't see how this is bad for the game.
  • Options
    Right now this is just speculation by a fake handle and what has occurred in the previous weeks of changing kits and such.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

I don't have a G12 Malak but a g11 Malak and this is 100% spot on. Anakin is good for the meta. He provides another team that DR (with or without Malak) can beat up on during the climb. The folks with the really well modded DR teams will be avoided. I don't see how this is bad for the game.

I watched the best modded Malak drop last night to a g11 hermit anakin comp with top 50 worthy mods.

That same malak team was a nightmare mirror match.

It's all their heads...avoid that malak. Once it's tried a few times and confidence is gained it won't be something to go around.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Options
    Malak is still exclusive. Those who have Malak still have an advantage. He's just not the only show in town, and he shouldn't be.

Exactly, It's not health for the game too have 1 team that's only beatable with the same team with faster speed mods.

On point. The newest shiny meta team shouldn’t ever be unbeatable, just harder to beat (and easier to win with) than most other teams. It’s even fine if there is a older squad that can win rather effortlessly as long as that squad hold up worse on def than the meta squad against all the other teams.
  • Options
    Incoming “this thread contains valid conversation but has run it’s course” and subsequent thread closure.