The game needs daily pve based events with crystal rewards

Sayqqed
30 posts Member
edited April 2019
I think the whole problem with whales against ftp and whole this thing being viable in arena and spending can be solved by adding the kind of event for pve oriented players. Add there the condition where u can only switch between pvp and pve rewards a day. That condition will allow not to increase averall daily players income so CG will be ok with that and the player base will get the desired content. Much more players would be involved in game.

Overall it might become a fresh way of introducing new characters.

All thoughts and criticism are welcome.
P.S. not a native speaker.
Post edited by Sayqqed on

Replies

• Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is the cost. CG(or EA) don't understand that if they make bundle lower cost (or cristal) more people will invest money in game. And they don't have to satisfies whales, CG (or EA) prefer 1 player who invest 1000$ in game than 100 player who invest 10$...
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I like op's idea.
    Right now, arena matters only, because of those precious crystals. Theres so much more in this game, they should be important too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    The problem is the cost. CG(or EA) don't understand that if they make bundle lower cost (or cristal) more people will invest money in game. And they don't have to satisfies whales, CG (or EA) prefer 1 player who invest 1000$ in game than 100 player who invest 10$...

yea, those guys at ea/cg don't understand basic logic. Their pricing strategy is terrible, even an 8 grader can figure that out.
    I mean, come on my guy. Ofcourse they understand that, but they've come to conclude they'll earn more money with higher pricess than with lower pricess.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sayqqed
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »

yea, those guys at ea/cg don't understand basic logic. Their pricing strategy is terrible, even an 8 grader can figure that out.
    I mean, come on my guy. Ofcourse they understand that, but they've come to conclude they'll earn more money with higher pricess than with lower pricess.

We need the metrics to even start talking about this. They have it so I think it suits them. But making other aspects of the game matter will make ppl spend even more IMHO
    Post edited by Sayqqed on
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hilarious!
    I’m pretty sure that unlike some players —> EA/CG FULLY understand The Pareto Principle (The 80/20 rule)

80% of spending comes from 20% of your customers. Therefore cater to that 20% unless you want to deliberately lose money.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Sayqqed wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

We need the metrics to even start talking about this. They have it so I think it’s suits them. But making other aspects of the game matter will make ppl spend even more IMHO

i don't necessarily disagree with your original post, i'm just calling that guy out because he apparantly thinks ea/cg dont understand super basic logic which obviously isn't the case.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Many at the top of arena are not true spending whales/krakens. The top benefited from joining arena collusion chats early.
  • Options
    Agreed on this. Still I do think we need optional ways of getting cristals an daily basis. PVE maybe some quests or at least other game mode without involving pvp. If community will rise up on this we can give great ideas for CG.
  • Options
    Reptile wrote: »
    Many at the top of arena are not true spending whales/krakens. The top benefited from joining arena collusion chats early.

That’s also true. But for other players which is the majority needed something rewarding to be good at just an option. Not only pvp. That’s the problem with the whole thing what is going on. Let ppl not everyone have their rewards, same as arena but the other way.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Having to pick either PvE or PvP as the daily source of crystals is imo a bad idea, but a shift of crystal rewards a bit into PvE sound good. Maybe something like the idea for mythic raids that was floated here a while ago - not being able to actually kill the boss and getting rewards based on the damage dealt.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Having to pick either PvE or PvP as the daily source of crystals is imo a bad idea, but a shift of crystal rewards a bit into PvE sound good. Maybe something like the idea for mythic raids that was floated here a while ago - not being able to actually kill the boss and getting rewards based on the damage dealt.

As I said u can shift whenever u want which reward u get for example there will be daily shifting or weekly doesn’t matter. This will provide the opportunity for players who are burned out to switch something else and don’t loose their income.

Good idea about ranking in mythic raids. More theorycrafting- the best part of this game.
  • Options
    I would love to see this, unfortunately the marketing model currently used doesn’t have room for that. Anyone can get anything in the game eventually, so the only benefit you get from spending money is getting it NOW. The only need to get the new hotness now is to be able to have a competitive advantage against other players (who have dynamic rosters), not against a static environment (AKA pve). The idea of a special reward for better performance in that dynamic environment is the impetus for spending, and fuels the whole micro transaction model*. If you give the same rewards to pve, you will likely see a drop in spending, which means smaller profits and less content for the game.

*Source: my rear end.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

As I said u can shift whenever u want which reward u get for example there will be daily shifting or weekly doesn’t matter. This will provide the opportunity for players who are burned out to switch something else and don’t loose their income.

Good idea about ranking in mythic raids. More theorycrafting- the best part of this game.

Still not a fan of the "either-or" system, more even distribution between PvE and PvP sounds better to me.
  • Options
    I would love to see this, unfortunately the marketing model currently used doesn’t have room for that. Anyone can get anything in the game eventually, so the only benefit you get from spending money is getting it NOW. The only need to get the new hotness now is to be able to have a competitive advantage against other players (who have dynamic rosters), not against a static environment (AKA pve). The idea of a special reward for better performance in that dynamic environment is the impetus for spending, and fuels the whole micro transaction model*. If you give the same rewards to pve, you will likely see a drop in spending, which means smaller profits and less content for the game.

*Source: my rear end.

It was said here that there is an option of mythic raid which can be done with different levels of difficulty. Higher difficulty higher rewards. Rewards in this scenario should be given on ranking and on same basis like shards. This will roll up competition and make poeple spend.
    Correct me if I’m wrong here.
  • Options

Still not a fan of the "either-or" system, more even distribution between PvE and PvP sounds better to me.

I can’t see any other way of no increasing overall daily income w/o decreasing the rewards from arena and the hypothetical pve w/e it is.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I can’t see any other way of no increasing overall daily income w/o decreasing the rewards from arena and the hypothetical pve w/e it is.

Yes, it would require a decrease of arena rewards. Something like 100 crystals at the top level, depending on the frequency of the hypothetical PvE event. Although the forum would go up in flames if that happens...
  • Options

Yes, it would require a decrease of arena rewards. Something like 100 crystals at the top level, depending on the frequency of the hypothetical PvE event. Although the forum would go up in flames if that happens...

I think there is a solution but we just can’t see it yet.
  • Options
    On the flip side - PVP brings in more money than

If you think that EA doesn’t have spread sheets galore of what makes money, then my name is not really Vinny. Lol

The problem with PVP is it is still mostly revolving around one meta team. In arena and ga if you don’t have a counter for that team then forget it. And I think that’s the huge outcry here - is that everytime there is a counter - it is changed not to counter lol

I think crystal rewards should be all across the board in ships like it is in arena. (Not just saying that cause I’m like 109th in ships currently lol)

I think we should have more events daily. Like how it was during Christmas time. If people don’t want the time sink - sim it.
    For those that can play do it. More resources for us.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Reptile wrote: »

There are 2 types of krakens, and I would agree more often than not krakens dont care about being top in arena.

Whales are a different story, whales more often than not are trying to make thier investment work for them, and are top in arena.

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This is already in-game.

Doing your daily PvE activities and the entire GW nets you 100 crystals per day, plus anything over 5 that shows up in the daily box. Then you add your arena payout (even at low levels, 50-60c) and you have a gross crystal income of maybe 160c per day?
  • Sayqqed
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    This is already in-game.

Doing your daily PvE activities and the entire GW nets you 100 crystals per day, plus anything over 5 that shows up in the daily box. Then you add your arena payout (even at low levels, 50-60c) and you have a gross crystal income of maybe 160c per day?

It’s just daily activity no competitive aspect. I assumed that the proposition was clear. To make competitive pve content on daily basis with crystal rewards. So it is nowhere even close there.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    This is already in-game.

It’s just daily activity no competitive aspect. I assumed that the proposition was clear. To make competitive pve content on daily basis with crystal rewards. So it is nowhere even close there.

"Competitive" is a relative term. If you're competing with other players, then it's similar to raids or Arena.

They are very stingy when it comes to "free" crystals...because many players buy crystals in order to get the things they want in game. If every player starts earning 500-1000 crystals per day, they either have to increase the cost of everything so high that it's essentially the same as now - or their game income will drop substantially.
  • Sayqqed
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This is already in-game.

"Competitive" is a relative term. If you're competing with other players, then it's similar to raids or Arena.

They are very stingy when it comes to "free" crystals...because many players buy crystals in order to get the things they want in game. If every player starts earning 500-1000 crystals per day, they either have to increase the cost of everything so high that it's essentially the same as now - or their game income will drop substantially.

Mkay. For example we have a daily map where u are attacked but random npc. Your goal is to make a team that will survive as long as possible. Top 100-200-500 w.e. gettin their rewards. That’s competitive. Next day u have npc do kill. Than healing other objectives. The possibilities here are endless. And this can be competitive. And if you Did read the post not just the headline you should have seen that it was told about huge crystal gains and possible solutions for this problem.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    This is already in-game.

Mkay. For example we have a daily map where u are attacked but random npc. Your goal is to make a team that will survive as long as possible. Top 100-200-500 w.e. gettin their rewards. That’s competitive. Next day u have npc do kill. Than healing other objectives. The possibilities here are endless. And this can be competitive. And if you Did read the post not just the headline you should have seen that it was told about huge crystal gains and possible solutions for this problem.

I saw your post. But if every player in the world can earn 1000 crystals per day, then EA will make considerably less money. It's not about the players currently making 1000 per day now who could now earn 2000...it's about the players making 100 who will now be able to make 1000.

Each shard is made up of thousands of players. Of those thousands, only 120 players per day can make top 5 in arena (and earn 300-500c as a result). If you allow the other several thousand players to also earn 300-500c per day doing the PvE, then the players who currently buy small crystals packs occasionally will stop doing that.

It's why it was a huge deal when EA added crystals to the fleet payout - prior to that time, players could only earn 600c per day being at the top of arena, so all of a sudden players at the top of fleet could start spending less money.
  • Options
    This is already in-game.

I saw your post. But if every player in the world can earn 1000 crystals per day, then EA will make considerably less money. It's not about the players currently making 1000 per day now who could now earn 2000...it's about the players making 100 who will now be able to make 1000.

Each shard is made up of thousands of players. Of those thousands, only 120 players per day can make top 5 in arena (and earn 300-500c as a result). If you allow the other several thousand players to also earn 300-500c per day doing the PvE, then the players who currently buy small crystals packs occasionally will stop doing that.

It's why it was a huge deal when EA added crystals to the fleet payout - prior to that time, players could only earn 600c per day being at the top of arena, so all of a sudden players at the top of fleet could start spending less money.

This pve events are assumed to be an alternative, u can choose what reward each day you get. CG won’t lose there only win.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    This is already in-game.

This pve events are assumed to be an alternative, u can choose what reward each day you get. CG won’t lose there only win.

I think the point is that everybody who currently isn’t doing well in pvp will choose pve and the people getting a lot of crystals from pvp will keep doing so, resulting in a net increase in the number of crystals earned by players.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    This is already in-game.

I'm sorry if I can't make myself understood. If every player in the world can earn 1,000 crystals per day, then EA loses a lot of money. It'll never happen.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Galactic war.

Doubt that is challenging and rewarding