Get Some of Us To Be Playtesters

The biggest thing lacking at this time are playtesters who can actually see future problems and fix things before release. How about have some of the players here get accounts where we can test new content?

This would stop the buffing and nerfing of toons over and over again which is upsetting people and taking away from the game. I’ll be the first. Who else wants to help test things before release?

Replies

• Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Yes, there are so many here that would've helped with the whole testing thing. I don't really see Anakin as a problem, but still.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Yes, there are so many here that would've helped with the whole testing thing. I don't really see Anakin as a problem, but still.

I’m not talking about a specific situation as the many problems with Barriss, NS, HSR, Finn, Malak, and now possibly Anakin.

There are too many to name but playtesters would be key here for sure!
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »

I’m not talking about a specific situation as the many problems with Barriss, NS, HSR, Finn, Malak, and now possibly Anakin.

There are too many to name but playtesters would be key here for sure!

Yes, and many odd interactions are forecast by people here and the bug forums, not just the YouTuber guys. They need to expand their test group for sure.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    They need to know you won't leak and you know how to try everything and make valid recommendations.

Notice the people that come up with some great way to beat the meta post it publicly which leads to nerfs, updates, and fixes?

Same type that posted nute jawas...they want to show everyone what they learned all over the internet...imagine inside info on what to prepare for and not to? Good luck expecting them to keep that secret. And that secret is what fuels panic farming.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They have a beta program.

They have internal testers.

It's still millions of players vs less than 1% of that number testing, they will never catch everything, never.

They probably have a bigger concern about leaks than most think and would have a huge problem with that if they made a larger group of testers.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Didn't you know? We are all already beta testers :D
  • Kyno wrote: »

It's still millions of players vs less than 1% of that number testing, they will never catch everything, never.

They probably have a bigger concern about leaks than most think and would have a huge problem with that if they made a larger group of testers.

The problem is that they can’t even catch the most obvious of squads, it’s not ridiculous to assume that minimal amount of testing is done to see if toons would be OP... checking for bugs is one thing, but they obviously don’t do enough balance testing

Anyone with any knowledge of in-game mechanics have instantly gone straight to the Finn loop, or god forbid someone put a reworked Jedi into the arena.

• Kyno wrote: »

Well their testing isn’t working very well. I mean how do you miss Anakin issues when you know someone will throw him in a Jedi Revan Squad to see if it works? That’s not very good.

Non-disclosure agreements seem to do well. And no one wants to get sued.