Long Time No See

It's been a little more than a year since since I have stopped playing SWGoH. I'm back from a deep slumber, and I imagine a lot has changed. I have the following questions and any answer is very much appreciated.

What are the META's or really good teams right now?
How do you guys suggest I move forward from what I have right now?

https://swgoh.gg/p/573391326/characters/
"Who deserves what, is irrelevant. What matters is... who has power."
- Grand Admiral Thrawn

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Oh boy. The most powerful teams right now are the two Revans, which are both journey events that require specific characters you missed. You also missed C3P0 (legendary requiring Ewoks) and OT Chewie (legendary requiring bounty hunters) that could make your CLS somewhat relevant.

My advice is to pick a path you want to focus on from among the various legendaries and journeys that you missed.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    ewoks for C3P0

bounty hunters for chewie

Thrawn is still thrawn so phoenix might be the first thing to complete.

• Options
    Farm jedi. Bastilla, jolee, gk, anakin, ahsoka, which will unlock gmy and jkr, obviously swap in these asap.
  • Options
    I’m genuinely surprised the first answer wasn’t “Run” or “Don’t”.

I agree with Liath: pick one of the Revans or the CLS buddies and focus there first.

Bounty hunter ships for Han’s Millenium Falcon is also another path for strong consideration. That one ship can basically make you competitive for a top spot in Fleet Arena.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I’m genuinely surprised the first answer wasn’t “Run” or “Don’t”.

I agree with Liath: pick one of the Revans or the CLS buddies and focus there first.

Bounty hunter ships for Han’s Millenium Falcon is also another path for strong consideration. That one ship can basically make you competitive for a top spot in Fleet Arena.

He has to unlock Chewie before he can do that.
  • Options
    How would I get on the "right" path as soon as possible? Farm ewoks for chewie? Also, are there no other pretty solid teams which don't require as much work? Some anakin ahsoka, kenobi team? or kylo ren inclusive teams?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have Kenobi? I didn’t see him when I looked at your roster. Probably the best team that doesn’t require any exclusive characters is nightsisters.

Another consideration is that we are obviously going to be getting some resistance and FO when the new movie comes out. So you could consider going that route and getting JTRey. Even though she isn’t the strongest right now she will probably be needed for/work well with new stuff that will be coming out in a timeframe you could potentially catch up to. If you want to do first order, Kylo Unmasked and Executioner are pretty great. It’s not a bad team, just not the strongest thing out there right now.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    He needs to get viable teams for ga...which at his gp is an easy way to catch up faster...and teams that can get him better ranks in haat so he can get GK.

• Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Do you have Kenobi? I didn’t see him when I looked at your roster. Probably the best team that doesn’t require any exclusive characters is nightsisters.

I'm close to kenobi, it wouldn't be too long when I unlock him. Say I do, what should I do then?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Farm pheonix.
    Run scoundrels or ns in arena until you can unlock one of the new metas.
    Scoundrels and nightsisters can hold the top 200 in a good, launchish shard and only take 2 zetas each team to hold.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

I'm close to kenobi, it wouldn't be too long when I unlock him. Say I do, what should I do then?

I don’t know, honestly. The problem is that by the time you get any of the existing things the game will have shifted again, so it’s rather difficult to predict what path would wind up working out the best. There’s going to be more clone wars era content right now, so you may be able to put together a decent team with galactic republic, but it’s hard to say. At least some of it will probably be gated behind the new territory battle and guild event currency, so it’s dependent on your guild how fast you can get that. I think there’s a good chance first order will get their day in the sun when the movie comes out so I might be inclined to start with that in your position, but make no mistake, coming back to the game after a long break is *tough*.
  • Options
    Swiss army Revan. Rocks the arena, is the easiest high-scoring team for HSTR, and can do significant dame in HAAT.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Farm Pheonix and FO. They are easy to get teams that pack a nice punch at the beginning. FO will also be nice to have near the time that Rise Of Skywalker comes out.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Farm Pheonix and FO. They are easy to get teams that pack a nice punch at the beginning. FO will also be nice to have near the time that Rise Of Skywalker comes out.

This guy gives good advise.