Regarding Sith Assassin refund

@CG_Erik you just pushed an announcement regarding Sith Assassin but you have failed to address the interaction with Sith Marauder as well.

Personally I had SA at g10 and SM at g8 before Darth Revan. I took both characters to g12 after getting Darth Revan and even added all 5 pieces to SA. I also added 1x piece of G12 plus to SM. Both characters have been nerfed and benched since the update to malak. So it is not just Sith Assassin that was made useless but Sith Marauder as well since his 20% Tern Meter increase was also a big help with his damage output.

An alternative suggestion would to change Malak kit to not apply to those with the Sith Empire tag and either drop the Sith tag from both or have the Sith Empire Tag trump the Sith tag exclusion.

Replies

• Still using him :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • What makes me annoyed is that Sith Assassin is probably one of the most useless characters I have geared up. And now they're putting a timer on gear refunds? That's completely ****. I started gearing SA once they dropped the teaser for DR in the Ebon hawk video. And to be frank, SA is absolutely terrible on a DR team in my opinion. She doesn't synergize well at all. Maybe a tiny bit, but nothing enough to waste G12 on.

If I knew how useless she was I wouldn't of even taken her past G8.
  • Nah, get outta here with that. I have been using Marauder since well before Malak and still use him. He's still absolutely got a place; you're just not using him / modding him right. Mine is a damage dealing nightmare and I can finish Top 3 every night just fine with him.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    In no way did Sith Marauders usefulness get changed with Malaks buff. Unless you have people running Malak in a full JKR squad lol
  • @CG_Erik Just wondering do I need to remove my 6E mods which is currently on my G12 Sith Assassin ? Will it disappear and no longer in my mods inventory and no way to claim it back after the gear roll back ? this is very important and mods missing forever are very common happened on swgoh while any roll back etc take place. TQ
  • @CG_Erik Just wondering do I need to remove my 6E mods which is currently on my G12 Sith Assassin ? Will it disappear and no longer in my mods inventory and no way to claim it back after the gear roll back ? this is very important and mods missing forever are very common happened on swgoh while any roll back etc take place. TQ

Probably a good idea after CG announces how to register for the refund.
  • Nah, get outta here with that. I have been using Marauder since well before Malak and still use him. He's still absolutely got a place; you're just not using him / modding him right. Mine is a damage dealing nightmare and I can finish Top 3 every night just fine with him.

Just out of curiosity what squad are you using him in?
  • MaulVI wrote: »
    What makes me annoyed is that Sith Assassin is probably one of the most useless characters I have geared up. And now they're putting a timer on gear refunds? That's completely ****. I started gearing SA once they dropped the teaser for DR in the Ebon hawk video. And to be frank, SA is absolutely terrible on a DR team in my opinion. She doesn't synergize well at all. Maybe a tiny bit, but nothing enough to waste G12 on.

If I knew how useless she was I wouldn't of even taken her past G8.

Not sure where you rank everyday but she was meta with no question specifically for those without 160+ speed god mods on DR. Without her I could not rank 1 ( ~360 days a year) as my DM was too slow i needed her buff for whole team to win. I tried to avoid this using DN/Scion but in the end nothing worked. She is the fastest then DR. To do that I needed to G12.5+ for the 12 speed. That is the mechanics that was until DM arrived.

I was also wondering the same thing ...
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    @CG_Erik Just wondering do I need to remove my 6E mods which is currently on my G12 Sith Assassin ? Will it disappear and no longer in my mods inventory and no way to claim it back after the gear roll back ? this is very important and mods missing forever are very common happened on swgoh while any roll back etc take place. TQ

Good question.

Play it safe and just take them off before they get back to work.

You would assume someone over there will consider this and post beforehand if you do or don't but let's face it...
  • I think they should just put Sith Assassin back to level 1 gear 1 and let each player decide if they are going to gear them back up or not.

Same goes if they drop a nerf on Anakin. Level 1, gear 1 and we can decide. I have plenty of gear on both of them I could use else where if they get a nerf.
  • SA is not bad in GA, TB, TW with her old meta friends such as zMaul and Savage (espesially with Savage). But I may think so just because a have her maxed for long-long time and shouldnt gear her in hurry due to some expectations.
    And she saved me more then once. The fact that she is not good against one spesific character doesn’t make her bad chatacter... There are a lot of places she can be used without facing Malak.
  • she isn't useless. one she makes sith team fast. 2nd with the right sith team and really good speed and offensive mods. she can bypass protection and can one shot certain units. and have one tank like sion or sith empire sith trooper
  • DeBOMBs88 wrote: »
    she isn't useless. one she makes sith team fast. 2nd with the right sith team and really good speed and offensive mods. she can bypass protection and can one shot certain units. and have one tank like sion or sith empire sith trooper

Oh lord... I know my friend @TVF loves these threads.
  • Back from the dead!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Here before the thread closes