"If this would inform any decisions to gear or level him up, we would ask that you refrain..."

@CG_Erik please either commit to refunding gear if Anakin is modified or push a temporary "fix" to make him a globally ineligible toon while the review occurs. The players shouldn't have to gamble (with gear) on whether a toon's kit will be maintained if they want to use the toon's current kit.

Replies

• Yeah, that part really bugged me too. We’re just supposed to sit here and wait to see whether he’s going to get nerfed?
  • Not to mention a huge section of the play base doesn’t visit the official forums.
  • Don’t strip my toons naked now.

Because I don’t trust you to get it right.

Because you don’t get anything right.
  • Change Anakins Unique to read : Whenever another Jedi or Galactic Republic ally falls bellow 50 % health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and deals 100% more damage. That way he isnt plug and play into every team and remains great! #SaveAnakinsRework
  • Read the writing on the wall people. They aren't going to have a toon like Anakin out perform the latest and greatest paywall toon (aka Darth Malak). So if you gear up Anakin now you've basically been told not to do so.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Boofpoof wrote: »
    Read the writing on the wall people. They aren't going to have a toon like Anakin out perform the latest and greatest paywall toon (aka Darth Malak). So if you gear up Anakin now you've basically been told not to do so.

That's reasonable interpretation, but still speculation. This post is putting forward the position that CG can do better by the community by being clear and deterministic in their path forward (and providing one set of options), especially given the (also uncertain) time delay between them reaching a decision and implementing any changes (while play goes on).

• Considering they actually are going to give in on the sass gear take it to mean really don't gear him..seriously.
  • Javin37 wrote: »
    Considering they actually are going to give in on the sass gear take it to mean really don't gear him..seriously.

Again, totally reasonable interpretation. What is being advocated for is an option which would allow (for instance) gearing of the toon with the current kit with the understanding that if changes are made, those gear would be returned to the player. That has the advantage of being clear to the player and allowing the current toon to be enjoyed regardless of the eventual decision.
  • Go ahead and nerf him, please. I'll take the opportunity to join the others that have left.

I would have finished gearing him for the upcoming content anyway, but I wouldn't have spent money to speed gear him so that I could beat the Malak teams that have infested arena. I still lose to the more powerful teams, but at least he has given me a fighting chance against the rest.

Rock/paper/scissors in arena is a dream the players have and a lie they tease us with.
  • DapperChewie
    85 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    What about those of us who saw the news, saw how he performed, and then accidentally bought 25 shards for 1250 crystals?

I'm not actually counting on getting any of that back, but it'd be really cool if they could refund shards bought with crystals, as well as the 6 1/2 million credits to level him from 1 to 85.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member

Rock/paper/scissors in arena is a dream the players have and a lie they tease us with.

Problem with Rock Paper Scissors (RPS) is that it cant truly endure. What players want is 3-4 teams that can all reliably climb to #1. The reality of that is waking up at rank 80+ every day and needing to fight all day and multiple refreshes to get #1 at payout. I wonder if those who want RPS type meta have ever considered the time sink that means when 100+ people are vying for that spot daily compared to 20-30 who have the meta team.

I know if they ever really made 3-4 teams equally arena viable (including some f2p options like anakin), many many people would lose interest in arena, and shortly thereafter lose interest in the game.

When DR came out and I was finding myself rank 70 every morning, I lost interest in trying with my JKR team. I had worked hard to get Darth revan tho and when he was ready I swapped to him, and sit in the top 30 most days. I still enjoy arena because I dont have 100 people with f2p options for reliable counters that makes arena a chore.
  • Someone is getting screwed here. The only question left is who. I’m honestly kind of shocked at this approach to warn us of a possible nerf but wait to do it.
  • On a positive note, the news of a public test server was good to hear.. would be awesome and also no more game changers having advantage to give their guilds and personal circles early infos 😁