If anyone deserves to be powerful it's Anakin Skywalker

Alot of comments are flying around about how Anakin will or should be nerfed because he enables Revan to beat Darth Revan with Malak. First of all let me throw this out there, if anyone deserves to be strong it's Anakin. I don't care if everyone has him, everyone has Jedi Revan also, everyone has CLS, everyone has Han, everyone has Yoda. They are powerful too so what? The thing is for the first time in a long time CG made a good move and turned a fan favorite from unusable to usable and now all these entitled babies who payed for Malak are about to screw this up.

I don't care if you paid a million dollars for any character(s), the one fact about this game remains: no squad should be unbeatable except by mirror match. This is about ensuring that GA will stay fun. Truth is that pvp wise GA is way more popular than regular arena. Arena is nothing more than a syndicated group of players managing their payouts to maximize crystal income. Guess what you can still do that Anakin or no Anakin. Plus why are so interested in an unbeatable squad? You'll have to get out of the way for your shard mates anyways, if your shard mates don't have Malak and can't move past you how the heck is the integrity of your shard chat going to stay?

Lastly let me say this because it's becoming somewhat of a joke lately, Anakin doesn't blow Revan-Malak out of the water. Anakin still loses, I just came out of a losing match using my Anakin/Jedi Revan against a Malak. My mods on Anakin, Revan and Yoda are insane they literally had my 3 best mod sets and I lost, AI targeted the wrong people what are you going to do. Anakin wins 60-80% of the time but loses 100% of the time on defense, so how do you see this as a threat? Some squad must be able to beat your Malak, this is just the way the game has been. Like Traya could beat Revan, like CLS could beat Revan some times. Everyone needs a way to lose otherwise we'll all just quit the game if we don't have Malak.

If CG nerfs Anakin they are weak. Own your actions, you ARE THE DEVELOPERS, whales or not they can't boss you around and tell you what to do, you are not their employees, you don't have a contract with them. Ohh and BTW, just as f2p keep making empty threats that they will quit if this or that happens, similarly whales will make empty threats about quitting or stop spending, don't buy it, less that 5% of them actually mean it. The moment they stop spending and fall behind they will go right back to paying even more to catch up.

OWN YOUR DECISIONS CG, OWN THEM. You gave us a great rework, don't mess it up.

Replies

• This is outrageous
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Lovin’ the Anakin support!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    This is outrageous
    Its unfair
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Well there’s a slight problem when rng gets JKR to focus Fallen Bastila and she’s out of the game and Anakin wipes the floor with your sith squad. Yeah it sucks to lose to JKR yet again. Anakin was one of the oldest characters in this game and making him this powerful is basically feeding to the lazy folk who don’t actually move on and build up new toons.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    now all these entitled babies who payed for Malak are about to screw this up.

LOL...pure gold.
    If CG nerfs Anakin they are weak. Own your actions, you ARE THE DEVELOPERS, whales or not they can't boss you around and tell you what to do, you are not their employees, you don't have a contract with them. Ohh and BTW, just as f2p keep making empty threats that they will quit if this or that happens, similarly whales will make empty threats about quitting or stop spending, don't buy it, less that 5% of them actually mean it. The moment they stop spending and fall behind they will go right back to paying even more to catch up.

OWN YOUR DECISIONS CG, OWN THEM. You gave us a great rework, don't mess it up.

LOOOOOOOOL

yeah...they should totally care more about your view.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    @BaldingHead90 how old are you? You sound like a kid who just got a new toy.
    Speaking of which you sound like someone who didn’t have Anakin back in the glory days when he first came out. Reworked toons are done to give them some utility, not to make them OP. So gratz on the JKA unlock but don’t bother gearing him up too high, the nerf is incoming 😂
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I want my free character to single handedly annihilate a team that takes a lot of work to build. Everyone has him, so what? Most people have JKR! It’s not like you need 5 7* characters to get him or anything...

Yeah Anakin is powerful in canon, and he deserves some love, but defeating the meta team after a touch-up... that’s a little much...

Also why do you think that people who worked hard for Malak don’t deserve to be doing well?? Your logic there is screwed up.
  • I’ve used the new anakin in other matches and does well but doesn’t destroy teams only Darth Revan teams just seams like the ferocity thing is the problem. I like the anakin rework and he has needed it for some time
  • I would say Vader
  • Luke
  • Darth bane and any sith from his time or from older generations should be way stronger then movie toons
  • Darth bane and any sith from his time or from older generations should be way stronger then movie toons

And they are, doesn't mean they shouldn't lose

And they are, doesn't mean they shouldn't lose

In game no but in an actual fight they wouldn't loose.

But if they release a new meta thats supposed to be exclusive they shouldn't get destroyed immediately by a new rework or an obsolete old meta it shouldn't happen. But the way the fixed the emp issue was wrong and anakin is the problem but its how dr and malaks kits are personally i think the ferocity is the issue cause it feeds tm to emp and the defense penalty is to large personally it should be capped at -50 to -75% max and maybe cap ferocity at 10 to 15 stacks and/or maybe dont make it effect emp lead
  • Al486
    10 posts Member
    Great post BaldingHead.

Anakin was too weak before the rework. He is supposed to be one of the most powerful force users of all time. His rework was badly needed.

I understand that the new P2P character Malak needs to be OP. From what I've seen, he still is. Whilst Anakin can beat Malak - with the OP Jedi Revan's help - Malak is still a lot of stronger. I think that's fine.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Also why do you think that people who worked hard for Malak don’t deserve to be doing well?? Your logic there is screwed up.

I would seriously reconsider your definition of working hard. And possibly work. This is a game it's played, not worked. Unless there is a national swgoh association that I'm unaware of and your being payed, you p(l)ayed hard.

Keep having fun.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

I would seriously reconsider your definition of working hard. And possibly work. This is a game it's played, not worked. Unless there is a national swgoh association that I'm unaware of and your being payed, you p(l)ayed hard.

Keep having fun.

If you invested real time and in game resources to get Malak, I consider that working hard. If you paid a lot of money to get him, you may not have worked hard but your money should be worth something. But if you want to run around telling people that Malak was easy to get and they didn’t work hard at all, go ahead. Just know that you’re wrong.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    anakin was a whiny kid who was only good for killing sand people and kids. Vader needs a buff, not that weaksauce punk.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    anakin was a whiny kid who was only good for killing sand people and kids. Vader needs a buff, not that weaksauce punk.

Someone hasn't seen clone wars ^.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Agreed. Anakin in Clone Wars was the best Anakin, a true powerful Jedi who still experienced good character development. I hated him and his whiny attitude until I saw Clone Wars.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

Agreed. Anakin in Clone Wars was the best Anakin, a true powerful Jedi who still experienced good character development. I hated him and his whiny attitude until I saw Clone Wars.

If Anakin was "whiny", then i don't know what Luke was!

Lol. Luke was just hilarious
  • Timbo86 wrote: »
    I’ve used the new anakin in other matches and does well but doesn’t destroy teams only Darth Revan teams just seems like the ferocity thing is the problem. I like the anakin rework and he has needed it for some time
    Agreed Darth Revan just sacrifices to much defense and tenacity. So essentially debuffs land much easier (such as buff immunity or heal immunity) and he was a weaker defense. It’s not anakin or Palpatine it’s Darth Revan. He was specifically built just to counter JKR.
    Darth bane and any sith from his time or from older generations should be way stronger then movie toons
    Really? Palpatine now has 9 movies technically. He plotted the demise of the Jedi right under there noses. Turned the best of them. Ruled for several years. And ohh yeah he knows the secret to immortality, which he used to survive his fall at the hands of Darth Vader apparently. And has been plotting his rise once again from the shadows.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I completely agree that he needs to be powerful, but not as the effect of an unintended possibly mildly game-breaking mechanism.

He needs an interesting, powerful, well put together kit and a meta leader ability. And things are looking we might get such a legendary or journey character before long. People have been begging for pme since forever, and see, Ahsoka and Kenobi's reworks were way superior to JKA, but I don't he's supposed to be as powerful really. Maybe a substitute for when new players are building their GR team and haven't unlocked hypothetical legendary Anakin yet? This could end up being some sorely needed accessible content for new players to work on as they make their way to 85, and maybe even get a meta worthy team at the end? (Naturally with perfectly modded and maxed DR trio+2 reigning supreme, because money, reality, challenge for the underdog). If this is what CG meant with working towards a near RPS arena state but it will take time(effort), then I'll have to applaud them.
  • No meta should be unkillable. Just because one guy can occasionally defeat it when put in the right team doesn't mean he should be nerfed. Also Anakin is meant to be powerful. He is the chosen one.

DON'T NERF ANAKIN!!!!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    No meta should be unkillable. Just because one guy can occasionally defeat it when put in the right team doesn't mean he should be nerfed. Also Anakin is meant to be powerful. He is the chosen one.

DON'T NERF ANAKIN!!!!

He’s also completely free and everyone has him... and we all know that CG cares more about that than actual canon...
  • Corruptor wrote: »
    Nah, they have to keep trash like this. 1st time using drain life lvl 7 after fracture. Lolz7ytwca9a14s.png

????