How much did you spend on JKA?

Replies

• Options
    I had him 7*ed for a while and I took him to g12 bc of the jedi quest.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I got him to g12 a long time ago, so I can't remember... But I don't think it was that hard? Like, I think he was a pretty easy gear up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Nothing. He's in my queue of characters to work on, but if I chased every shiny object I'd have a roster of mediocrity. Focused on jtr, jkr and NS because it benefits my guild. Just got done working on murder bears; now working on BH.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    $0
  • Options
    I had him at 7 stars back when it was ok to collect whoever you wanted and you didn't get penalized for having a big roster of 7* characters.
  • Options
    I spent 0. Had him G12 in December to prepare for the Clone Wars rework. I hit all 3 of his nodes hard to rush him to 7 stars last winter.
  • Options
    I spent 0 and took Ani to g12 for same reason others did, Jedi questline.
    Another that I g12'd for questline, Cassian. Happy accident, his ship works real well to defeat HT.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    And he has a great ship too.

It's good yeah? Been debating farming it up.

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’s worth farming to 5 stars at least
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    How much did you guys spend on JKA? In terms of energy, Crystal's, $$$ & gear?

I personally only spent 160 energy then gave up after going 0/10. I'm glad I didnt buy the pack.

$10 back when i first started to get a jedi to lead my generic one.

Oh you mean to gear 12 him. $0. Took him to gear 9 way back when took him to gear 11 for his ship. Took him to gear 12 for the challenge.

I did whale on his ship.... but i hardly think your post is meant to cover that...
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    It’s worth farming to 5 stars at least

Interesting, thank you.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

It's good yeah? Been debating farming it up.

Not as good as vader.... but a handy vader like ship to start with and then call in vader.

Those 2 together melt the other team... all pre falcon of course
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Fideen. Just to unlock him because Ive been Lazy.
  • Options
    I dropped 1400 crystals to finish off my last 2 pieces for gear 12 - already recouped those in arena by finishing top 5 since I did it. Even if he gets a nerf, it will be worth having for the ship/TW/GA/TB, etc.
    And it is now buying me time/crystals to finish up my baby Darth Revan and Malak without dropping too far off the curve, win-win all around in my book.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Options
    Like most long time players I have had him at 7* since forever, just didn’t bother to gear him beyond g9 before. Now with the rework and upcoming new TB I geared him to 12, I figured it was worth it regardless if he will be able to beat Malak or not and have no regrets. Besides he is relatively cheap to gear and will be part of a galactic republic squad for ga/tw and tb.
  • Options
    I spent nothing. i farmed him ages ago and pushed him to G12 because of the Jedi Knight quest, and also because his ship was a very good addition to my fleet before the Falcon meta.
  • Options
    I didn’t bother even unlocking him because he’s been garbage for as long as I’ve been playing, and I figured since he was f2p accessible, he wouldn’t be able to beat current meta, so no point. If he could beat meta I figured it would be by accident and figured they would end up nerfing him anyway.

You are missing out he was a great character, and only made better by his rework.

Good point, but what's the point when they nerf the rework as soon as people find a viable use for him? I wanted to start farming Anakin if his rework turns out worth it, now it seems my resources are better used for someone else, which is actually sad. Keeping in mind all the gear 12 materials that don't just grow on trees.
  • Options
    I spent on JKA the same amount I spent on DRevan and Malak. A big 0
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    I didn’t bother even unlocking him because he’s been garbage for as long as I’ve been playing, and I figured since he was f2p accessible, he wouldn’t be able to beat current meta, so no point. If he could beat meta I figured it would be by accident and figured they would end up nerfing him anyway.

You are missing out he was a great character, and only made better by his rework.

Good point, but what's the point when they nerf the rework as soon as people find a viable use for him? I wanted to start farming Anakin if his rework turns out worth it, now it seems my resources are better used for someone else, which is actually sad. Keeping in mind all the gear 12 materials that don't just grow on trees.

How soon? Since they have not made any changes yet, I'm not sure what timeframe you are referring too.
  • Options

How soon? Since they have not made any changes yet, I'm not sure what timeframe you are referring too.

Just referring to what's already pointed out in the "I assure you, Lord Vader" post. It clarifies into which direction the game makers want to see things go - I don't have to understand why they think The Chosen One should not be able to "outperform" a meatbag, ehm Sith Lord like Malak. :p
    But I can plan my decisions around it. To farm and gear up a character, I need some weeks. So if I started now with Anakin, worst case would be I finally get him to 7* gear12 and then the nerf comes. While there are still other characters to farm, too, that are needed for reoccuring events and so on.
  • Options
    $20 US sometime around July of 2018 from buying the 80 shard+gear pack and finished taking him g12 a few months ago just because I've used him on my arena team since last summer.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Don’t remember, I’ve had him for years now. I’m actually suprised how many players didn’t already have him finished

I think it's more that he just hasn't been viable for the longest time. I started playing Dec17 - He's never been anywhere near close to my favourites list, far to many priorities to focus on.
    I had farmed Ashoka from Cantina Store and got GK just through guild participation so JKA is now in my faves. Nerf or not, will still be something extra for my 3v3 GA squads now there's something worth farming him for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Just referring to what's already pointed out in the "I assure you, Lord Vader" post. It clarifies into which direction the game makers want to see things go - I don't have to understand why they think The Chosen One should not be able to "outperform" a meatbag, ehm Sith Lord like Malak. :p
    But I can plan my decisions around it. To farm and gear up a character, I need some weeks. So if I started now with Anakin, worst case would be I finally get him to 7* gear12 and then the nerf comes. While there are still other characters to farm, too, that are needed for reoccuring events and so on.

Which in that post, they didnt say they will, they said they are looking into it. If they do, him not being able to counter 1 team doesn't make him any lesser of a good toon. Yes they could make changes that could, but I would still say he worth the gear unless they completely change his kit.

Yes, if you are in a situation where you need required toons he should take a back seat to your plan, that has little to do with his worth as a playable character that is in the end worth the gear.
  • Options
    $0.

I had him at g11 already, he was a solid Jedi if I needed 2 teams for tw/ga. Plus, his ship is very good.

I took him to 12 this past week, no regrets.
  • Options
    Kraken checking in. I had Annie at G11 7*, but dumped $300 into the game the moment his rework was announced to finish him off with G12+ gear.

In less than 24 hours later, his impending rework was announced.

the frustration of it all led me to post my receipts on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bf1a5e/krakens_receipts_a_cautionary_tale/
  • Options
    Nothing because mine was already g12 before the rework was announced