The Rise of Skywalker - Please Save Anakin Skywalker

MDX
2 posts Member
I never post before in any forum, and this is the first post ever, because I think the developer and the forum is getting ridiculous, and the direction of the game is going to a very wrong way. (First post was on reddit)

First, I have Darth Revan and Darth Malak and have spent a lot of money to gain and gear up them. I even spent not little amount of money every month to support this game. I don't think I consider as a whale, and after all these drama on April, I am shame to be a whale, if I am. I am a Star Wars fan, and I am also a software develops for more than 15 years who designed and developed different kind of software, and this is my opinion of what happened on this month.

Seriously, most of the players who play this game is because we love Star Wars and obviously this game is a Star Wars game, and a strategy game. At least I pay for this game because it is a Star Wars game. However, almost everything happened on this month make me believes, it is no more Star Wars game, not even a strategy game and not a game who designed for the Star Wars fan, but a game who designed for those people who complain everyday in the forum, no matter he or she is a paid customer or free to play.

Honestly, my most favorite meta in this game, is the Jedi Knight Revan meta, and of course I disagree most of the hate of JKR in the forum. Jedi Knight Revan meta is one of the best design meta ever, of course he is not perfect because it doesn't match the lore much. The reasons are:

1. Most of the mod stats are useful again, for example, JKR requires speed and offense, GMY requires offense and critical chance, Jolee needs tenacity, health and protection, and even one of the counter team, Darth Traya with fast Grand Admiral Thrawn, you will need a Darth Traya with high defense, health and protection mods. Speed is important but not everything.

2. Mirror match is fun. You need to have the right strategy and the right steps in the mirror match and this is why it is fun. In most case, if the RNG is not very bad, I can finish a mirror match in less than 2 minutes, even the opponent has better speed than me.

3. By lore, Jedi Knight Revan is the hero in the Knight of the Old Republic, and by game, he is a Journey event character. Therefore, he must be powerful and useful for long term.

As a Star Wars fan, a prequel fan, and a Clone Wars fan, I have been waiting for the Rise of Skywalker, the rework for the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker for 2-3 years. He is the Chosen One, he is said to destroy the Sith, and his powers should have doubled since the last time we met. He should be very strong and powerful in this game. Master Kenobi and I, and I believe most of the Star Wars fan, love him.

In addition, I don't see he is outperform Darth Malak, and actually I hope he does outperform Darth Malak, as a Darth Malak's owner and payer. I have tries him in the arena for more than 10-30 times per day, you can only beat Darth Revan and Darth Malak if you mod him right, have right strategy and not bad RNG. Of course it is not difficult if you already have the skill above. The match is very very fun. After using him on offense, I will switch back to my Darth Revan and Darth Malak team, because on defense they are absolutely better.

So, as a person who paid for Darth Revan and Darth Malak, do I want them to be dominate. The answer is of course, they are exclusion and should be very powerful, but to a certain extent. The domination should not hurt the Star Wars lore, and should not hurt the game creativity and innovation. I am fine that Jedi Knight Revan still able to beat Darth Revan and Darth Malak because Jedi Knight Revan did beat Darth Malak in the Knight of the Old Republic, and Darth Revan is just a Dark Side version of Revan himself. I have no problem JKA is able to beat Darth Malak, because he is the Chosen One and the most significant Star Wars character in the universe. I will only upset if Pao, Bistan, Lobot, Jawa, and etc. can beat them, because they shouldn't beat them by lore, and by the game itself.

If Jedi Knight Anakin is nerfed, I don't think there are any bright future in this game. This game is no more a strategy game, no more a collection game and no more a Star Wars game.

1. If you can't beat a team, come to forum or reddit, complain and complain and complain until they nerf that team.

2. If your paid team can be beaten by the others with their great strategy, creativity and innovative, come to forum and reddit and shout that you are a paid customer and you have to be respected.

3. You don't have to have any skill, knowledge, or strategy playing this game, you just have to learn how to complain and threaten the dev in the forum.

Of course, everyone has the right to voice out in the forum. But I am really disappointed the developer didn't bring balance to the game. In my opinion, both paid customer and free to play are equally important for this game.

If this situation continue, very soon, this game will become a Complaint game.

Replies