Darth Revan, bastila fallen & Malak design

GreenMachine
4 posts Member
edited April 2019
Here is my take on why I finds the design of these characters amongst the worst new character designs in this games history.

The game has a system that individualises one players character from anothers through a mod system.
The mod system has one stat which is bigger than all the other. This is speed. Essentially allowing you to go before anyone else. Unfortunately this system is not equal for all. It’s completely randomized what you get. Meaning some players win the lottery and other players can just pack up shop. (Extremely poor design just here).

Up untill now however, it has been possible to stay reasonably competitive in arena - as long as you invest time & money in the newest meta.

This all changed with a set of characters whose skillsets are based around irresistable crowd control that hinders other teams in taking turns.

Essentially this means no other stat than speed matter & for as long as you have the most speed you are bound to win...

Please, you have to allow players alternatives and the opportunity to be competitive. Otherwise the game is RUINED for 99% of Your PLAYER BASE...

Replies

• What can I say, you’re right. There are 3-5 guys on my shard who are faster than me, and I have to be inventive to try and beat them now.

There’s nothing more disheartening than doing 3 refreshes on mods every day and watching your fellow shard mates overtake you in speed, purely due to better luck.

The guy on our shard who was already the fastest recently rolled another +25 and outpaced us by 5 more speed.

I’ve been consistent on mods, I never liked them since day one, but they’re not going away. Interestingly, competing games released since SWGOH haven’t gone the mod route (Marvel, Age of Magic, among others).

The current meta is a pure speed race, matches are over in seconds. And only one can be the fastest.
  • GreenMachine
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @Palanthian Yeah, exactly - and up until now it’s been possible to tweak in a few other mod setups on a very few characters that would benefit from it in arena (Only been viable since mods 2.0)

Alas, that is no longer viable due to irresistable skills..

Examples:
    Treya against revan (ten/def) modded.