Logic Escapes you FTP Padawan

Prev13
Okay guys the constant whining is getting annoying. Are there issues that should be raised? Sure of course. However the constant crying of "your killing the game" or "wha wha wha something something whales" is not only non constructive its illogical.

Let me give you a very simple scenario.
Lets say you own a business. Lets say this business makes mobile games.
Would you as a business owner want 1 million players who play but don't contribute to your business,

OR

100,000 players who do contribute to your business?

Sure that scenario is a loaded one no doubt. But that is a simple reality that you people need to seriously wake up to. Your constant crying literally isn't helping anyone other than making us whales laugh.

Now that your ignorance has been addressed... Lets talk about the real issues.

The recent screw ups with not knowing Papa Palp would kill the wanted Malak meta and making a FTP team crush a major whale team are pretty bad snafus aka Anakin.. However CG came out and copped to the screw up and hopefully they will learn from this very rough month.

And as above may be frustrating to everyone the fact is a FTP team being top tier vs a major paywall team is a slap in the face to the whales. You know those people who keep the game alive with our money. So yeah sorry boys but you cant expect people to toss hundreds or thousands to have Malak and it instantly gets crushed just a few weeks after like lol.

Another issue. I am all for a business being profitable and successful. However there is a difference between profitable and reckless greed. (Looking at you Carrie). I know on her personal twitter she posted a figure of what she thinks needs to be spent by a player per year to stay caught up. If this is soley her opinion it was a reckless statement. At worst it came from a internal thought of CG of what is true. If the ladder is true than CG you need to slow your role your game isn't worth 4-5k a year. Thats simple greed.

And to conclude. If you want to potentially boost your profits and make both the FTP and whales happy than you need to make the content more accessible to the masses. Lower the general pricing across the board. less profit per person for sure but adds the potential of adding many more players willing to add some financial value to the game.

/EndRant

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    People complain because they want to be #1 all the time, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

But I'll tell you this much--the game got so much more fun and less stressful for me when I stopped caring about Arena and let myself slide back when I was doing the Jedi Knight quest and looking for those wins with Jedi teams. I had forgotten that arena didn't have to be a slog or a timed sniper fight where I get that last win at just the right time, and I've never been a part of any shard chat (Why would I want to? I don't like most of the people on THIS forum, why find another way of connecting to people I don't like?) but I imagine that if I were, sliding back would have been a real relief.

I slid back to somewhere around 400, won my battles, put my Jedi Rey team back in, climbed to around 100, and now I do just enough battles a day to ensure I'm in that 101-200 prize tier, then go do things I like instead. Sometimes that's things I like in the game, a lot of times that's things I like outside of the game.

Arena isn't important. Crystals aren't important. When you die your roster or crystal stockpile won't be willed to your kin, and no one's going to carve "They Got Malak" on your tombstone. No one cares. Go to a bar, tell the bartender about your roster, they'll smile and nod because their livlihood is based on your tips, but they don't care. None of this matters. It's all something you do to keep yourself busy so you don't think about how a big rock could fall on you and then that's it.

I play mostly with my real life friends and when we get together we talk about the game and what characters we like and how our various farms are going. We speculate on what characters will come when the next movie releases. That's what this game is--a reason to **** with people you like in the real world. If you're coming here to bemoan how you can't be #1 because the cool kids club on Discord says you can't sit with them or how you've got to wait another three months for Darth Revan to come out, then get a life man. Smell some flowers or something.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    It's fun to read...and provides insight into better methods to crush them permanently if they ever ascend as they did during the past few months.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Nice humble shame brag OP......

Let me give you another analogy that better fits .....

You are a big spender, so you go out and buy the fastest, newest Porsche on the market..... I am a moderate spenders, but saved my money and bought the same Porsche.....

Now, 3 months later, a newer faster Porsche comes out and you buy it, and I can't afford it..... So your car is now faster and better than mine..... I then do some research and find an inexpensive way to make.my Porsche as fast or faster than yours.....

Should the dealership be able to now recall my older model Porsche and modify it at their whim so it can no longer beat yours?..... Making it no longer the Porsche I paid for?

That is exactly what is happening with this lack of testing and constant character nerfs...
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

You are a big spender, so you go out and buy the fastest, newest Porsche on the market..... I am a moderate spenders, but saved my money and bought the same Porsche.....

Now, 3 months later, a newer faster Porsche comes out and you buy it, and I can't afford it..... So your car is now faster and better than mine..... I then do some research and find an inexpensive way to make.my Porsche as fast or faster than yours.....

Should the dealership be able to now recall my older model Porsche and modify it at their whim so it can no longer beat yours?..... Making it no longer the Porsche I paid for?

That is exactly what is happening with this lack of testing and constant character nerfs...

But what if you watched me fly past you in a 1979 buick skylark while yours was limited to a max speed of 55 set by the computer by someone who didn't think things through? Would you think a recall was in order?

• Options
    Bubba humble brag ****? lol Did I brag about having anything? Also as a car guy 2016 GTI FOB and a big turbo... Your analogy was terrible. If a FTP player can beat me cool good on them! Personally my highest speed mod is only 19 (which i just got last night) So I personally sit in the 200s personally.

Anyways to your Porsche analogy. That dude who has one and than buys the newer shiner Porsche probably wouldnt buy it if its slower and handles worse than is current one.

Also I agree the testing was a mess which I stated with CG came out and said they dropped the ball. Ill be kind and ignore the full context with their bad excuse that than followed...
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Javin37 wrote: »

But what if you watched me fly past you in a 1979 buick skylark while yours was limited to a max speed of 55 set by the computer by someone who didn't think things through? Would you think a recall was in order?

I'm not disagreeing with that..... I'm just saying the majority of the complaints seem to be coming from a sides, not just FTP or Whale as the OP would have you believe with his demeaning title and banter......

FTP and moderate spenders need to be more careful where they invest now because it could get nerfed the minute new and shiny comes out...... They have a right to complain when what they saved for gets the nerf bat taken to it because CG's quality department is lack luster..... Under no circumstances should a pre existing toon get nerfed because it causes trouble for a new one....

Whales have a right to complain when they pay big bucks for the latest and greatest only to have a 2 year old toon get a boost and stomp it into the ground..... But, like FTP and moderate spenders, they could also do a little research and actually play the game instead of throwing cash into an RNG machine .....

The bottom line is that character testing at CG is sub par and is causing issues for all of us..... Separating the playerbase and telling a certain segment they shouldn't have a voice is ridiculous.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Another issue. I am all for a business being profitable and successful. However there is a difference between profitable and reckless greed. (Looking at you Carrie). I know on her personal twitter she posted a figure of what she thinks needs to be spent by a player per year to stay caught up. If this is soley her opinion it was a reckless statement. At worst it came from a internal thought of CG of what is true. If the ladder is true than CG you need to slow your role your game isn't worth 4-5k a year. Thats simple greed.

That's not what she said and there are most certainly players willing to spend 4/5k a year. You know, those guys who fund the game, lol.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options
    Okay guys the constant whining is getting annoying. Are there issues that should be raised? Sure of course. However the constant crying of "your killing the game" or "wha wha wha something something whales" is not only non constructive its illogical.

Let me give you a very simple scenario.
    Lets say you own a business. Lets say this business makes mobile games.
    Would you as a business owner want 1 million players who play but don't contribute to your business,

OR

100,000 players who do contribute to your business?

Sure that scenario is a loaded one no doubt. But that is a simple reality that you people need to seriously wake up to. Your constant crying literally isn't helping anyone other than making us whales laugh.

Now that your ignorance has been addressed... Lets talk about the real issues.

The recent screw ups with not knowing Papa Palp would kill the wanted Malak meta and making a FTP team crush a major whale team are pretty bad snafus aka Anakin.. However CG came out and copped to the screw up and hopefully they will learn from this very rough month.

And as above may be frustrating to everyone the fact is a FTP team being top tier vs a major paywall team is a slap in the face to the whales. You know those people who keep the game alive with our money. So yeah sorry boys but you cant expect people to toss hundreds or thousands to have Malak and it instantly gets crushed just a few weeks after like lol.

And to conclude. If you want to potentially boost your profits and make both the FTP and whales happy than you need to make the content more accessible to the masses. Lower the general pricing across the board. less profit per person for sure but adds the potential of adding many more players willing to add some financial value to the game.

/EndRant

Isn’t this post an entire contradiction of your first sentence 😂

• Options
    Bubba humble brag ****? lol Did I brag about having anything? Also as a car guy 2016 GTI FOB and a big turbo... Your analogy was terrible. If a FTP player can beat me cool good on them! Personally my highest speed mod is only 19 (which i just got last night) So I personally sit in the 200s personally.

Anyways to your Porsche analogy. That dude who has one and than buys the newer shiner Porsche probably wouldnt buy it if its slower and handles worse than is current one.

Also I agree the testing was a mess which I stated with CG came out and said they dropped the ball. Ill be kind and ignore the full context with their bad excuse that than followed...

As a car guy, why would you brag about your volkswagen? The Porsche analogy is perfectly good. They make lovely cars.

I do support your original point though. Malak cost a bunch of money, and he should perform as advertised. He didn't quite do that because of one or two ****-ups, and they are now rectifying those ****-ups. No need for the community to get all childish over it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The bottom line is that character testing at CG is sub par and is causing issues for all of us..... Separating the playerbase and telling a certain segment they shouldn't have a voice is ridiculous.....

They adressed their screw up and acknowledged it's a patern, aswell as it not being sustainable. If that statement changes anything remains to be seen, but atleast they've acknowledged it.
    I do completely agree that all players should have a voice. This game wouldn't have been anywhere near as popular and successfull without both f2p and p2p players.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

The whole tone of your post is that you dont think CG should value ftp complaints because they, as business owners, shouldn't value their participation.....

1- If there weren't FTP, there wouldn't be whales, because there would be nobody to whale over......

2- Most whales pay to be whales so they be leaders in the arena.....

3- if you only have one 19 speed mod, you aren't whaling right..... But then again, it's not up to me as a moderate spender to tell you how to spend your money any more than. It is your place as a whale to tell me when I can and can't voice my complaints.....
  • Options

As a car guy, why would you brag about your volkswagen? The Porsche analogy is perfectly good. They make lovely cars.

I do support your original point though. Malak cost a bunch of money, and he should perform as advertised. He didn't quite do that because of one or two ****-ups, and they are now rectifying those ****-ups. No need for the community to get all childish over it.

Hey now love my VW lol but im also not gonna be mad if a Porsche sends me to gapplebees :pensive:
    And I agree its a knee **** reaction. The whole month has been rough but it happens people just need to give them some time to course correct no biggie
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

That's not what she said and there are most certainly players willing to spend 4/5k a year. You know, those guys who fund the game, lol.

Oh she didnt... She just literally agreed with the premise....

a1t2roe0qd8o.png
  • Options

The whole tone of your post is that you dont think CG should value ftp complaints because they, as business owners, shouldn't value their participation.....

1- If there weren't FTP, there wouldn't be whales, because there would be nobody to whale over......

3- if you only have one 19 speed mod, you aren't whaling right..... But then again, it's not up to me as a moderate spender to tell you how to spend your money any more than. It is your place as a whale to tell me when I can and can't voice my complaints.....

1. False argument is false. So dunno what your trying to go with here
    2. So I can only speak for myself as you can even though you choose to speak for all whales. I only go ham on Characters I truely like from the universe. Personally was a day 1 G12 NS user and whaled for both Revans and Malak (granted I never liked Malak just wnated to finish the team).
    3. Another dumb argument I forgot I could open my wallet and just buy 24+ speed mods at will smh
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

1. False argument is false. So dunno what your trying to go with here
    2. So I can only speak for myself as you can even though you choose to speak for all whales. I only go ham on Characters I truely like from the universe. Personally was a day 1 G12 NS user and whaled for both Revans and Malak (granted I never liked Malak just wnated to finish the team).
    3. Another dumb argument I forgot I could open my wallet and just buy 24+ speed mods at will smh

1- you can't "win" a debate by simply declaring an argument as false..... Provide some reasoning ....

2- Your statements lead me to believe you arent the whale you think you are.... Having "gone ham" on a couple of teams doesn't make you a whale.....

3- Spend crystals, refresh mod store, spend crystals, do mod challenges.... Get speed heavy mods and dominate arena...... That's what most whales do.....
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Javin37 wrote: »

I'm not disagreeing with that..... I'm just saying the majority of the complaints seem to be coming from a sides, not just FTP or Whale as the OP would have you believe with his demeaning title and banter......

FTP and moderate spenders need to be more careful where they invest now because it could get nerfed the minute new and shiny comes out...... They have a right to complain when what they saved for gets the nerf bat taken to it because CG's quality department is lack luster..... Under no circumstances should a pre existing toon get nerfed because it causes trouble for a new one....

Whales have a right to complain when they pay big bucks for the latest and greatest only to have a 2 year old toon get a boost and stomp it into the ground..... But, like FTP and moderate spenders, they could also do a little research and actually play the game instead of throwing cash into an RNG machine .....

Certainly agree that they should have worked it all out before releasing it into the wild.

Anakin getting nerfed is more in line with nerfing Malak. He got an upgrade making him a different character in an old skin. I sympathize with anyone that spent after the update on him and I don't think he should be changed.

I do think Malak should get another upgrade to deal with it though...or they can compensate malak owners. Right after they addressed how EP was crushing him they updated Anakin.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

a1t2roe0qd8o.png

thinking you need 4/5k to catch up =/= expecting to a degree that people will spend 4/5k to catch up.
    She knows full well that there are f2p players at the top of arena and unlocking malak aswell as players who easily spend that much each year. So ofcourse she expects people to spend 4/5k to catch up, but she definately didn't say she thinks a player needs to or should spend 4/5k a year to stay caught up.

• Options
    If you wanna spend 100s of $ a week to be a top player in a mobile game, then I think either A u have more money then u need, or b. Your compensating for something lacking in ur lives, I'm ftp since day 1 and I'm happy my n.s squad still ranks top 250 and my fleet arena lm at 83, I'm not complaining about nerfs reworks etc...I'm just ranting about the whole whale exclusives more then anything else...
  • Options
    Lol wraith... The first Meme was F2P the 2nd was a whale was able to spend to get the rest of the "art" :)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

a1t2roe0qd8o.png

Not really. Only if you only read the first sentence and ignore the rest.

It's an explicit acknowledgement of how games like this work--it's safe to expect that there will be some people who spend that much on a game. Now look at the rest of what she said--She doesn't want people spending that much to be competitive. What she wants is for most people to get him for free or for low cost the second time around.

If you're only focusing on that first sentence then you're deliberately taking what she said out of context. You're being, at best, disingenuous and, at worst, a [redacted]ing ****.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

a1t2roe0qd8o.png

Not really. Only if you only read the first sentence and ignore the rest.

It's an explicit acknowledgement of how games like this work--it's safe to expect that there will be some people who spend that much on a game. Now look at the rest of what she said--She doesn't want people spending that much to be competitive. What she wants is for most people to get him for free or for low cost the second time around.

If you're only focusing on that first sentence then you're deliberately taking what she said out of context. You're being, at best, disingenuous and, at worst, a [redacted]ing ****.

Nic gets it.....
  • Options
    I would say he either doesnt get it or. Than that statement should be taken as all the grounds "whales" need to say ftp players have little ground to stand on compared to the "whales"..... I believe this meme sufficiently explains things... And if people cant accept it than I dunno what to tell em at this point...

75r5kz8duf9a.png
  • Options
    I would say he either doesnt get it or. Than that statement should be taken as all the grounds "whales" need to say ftp players have little ground to stand on compared to the "whales"..... I believe this meme sufficiently explains things... And if people cant accept it than I dunno what to tell em at this point...

75r5kz8duf9a.png

You bought the high ground ok , call me kenobi u9to3tg1uuo5.jpg
  • Options

75r5kz8duf9a.png

You bought the high ground ok , call me kenobi u9to3tg1uuo5.jpg

Guess we should have ftp counters then right?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/775768257/
    is this you? If so, i'm pretty sure there are multiple f2p players winning vs you, lol.
  • Options
    is this you? If so, i'm pretty sure there are multiple f2p players winning vs you, lol.

As I said...... Hardly a whale......
  • Options

I can think of a couple things to tell you, except I don't want to get banned again. Suffice it to say I've figured out that you're not being disingenuous.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

As I said...... Hardly a whale......

judging by the amount of gw nodes and raids completed, he hasn't been playing very long though. Arena ranks leave something to be desired..
This discussion has been closed.