Logic Escapes you FTP Padawan

13Next

Replies

• So.... its FTP > Dolphins > False killer whale? > Whale? lol I like the false killer whale decription
  • :D

You're welcome.
  • So.... its FTP > Dolphins > False killer whale? > Whale? lol I like the false killer whale decription

You need to understand one thing, and I am not looking to be condescending here..... Let's set aside how much you have spent.....

If you don't have a decent set of mods, you don't have anything..... Thats why you have a wicked DR team and sit where you are in arena and why you think ns is a sub 1k team......

Mods are very very important......
  • @Seedy I can agree with this. But I think there needs to be a balance. For example. When designing JKR/DR/DM if someone said sure this DR/DM team is gonna be godly and were gonna make money. If as a company you plan to reach a target dollar amount to obtain this team first run. Lets say they targeted 1k gets you the team locked and loaded (just picking a random number) You can than expect cool that 1k gives you top tier for x amount of time. You dont want to slap those players who spent that 1k and 1 or 2 weeks later their meta team is no longer the bees knees. You also dont want to make that x time frame of top tier to long as it gets stale for those players and excessively annoying for the F2P. Its a balancing act. And I can understand the players who are mad that they had to make 2 changes to prevent that team from being beaten.

So I get the frustration for that. But they have come forward said they messed up and I think overall we all need to get over it. if it keeps happening than thats a different story.

The other half is the true F2P have cried to much over this fact giving them to the "entitled" moniker. And from that perspective I take issue as I agree they need to pipe down. As the reverse is the people spending to get this team and than within a week become irrelevant. If your forced to anger one of those two groups in that scenario its the former all day everyday.

That whole premise is basically why I titled this post the way I did. I am all for constructive banter and outrage but you need a valid point to stand on.

In conclusion +1 for you
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    So.... its FTP > Dolphins > False killer whale? > Whale? lol I like the false killer whale decription

You need to understand one thing, and I am not looking to be condescending here..... Let's set aside how much you have spent.....

If you don't have a decent set of mods, you don't have anything..... Thats why you have a wicked DR team and sit where you are in arena and why you think ns is a sub 1k team......

Oh I know this 100% If I came across as being mad for being 140 that wasnt the intent. I fully expect to keep holding my sub 200 due to my lack of RNG on the speed mods. I would LOVE top 10 who wouldnt? But my lack of RNG isnt CG's fault. And I have no issue with this fact as frustrating as it may be from time to time :)
    So.... its FTP > Dolphins > False killer whale? > Whale? lol I like the false killer whale decription

Oh I know this 100% If I came across as being mad for being 140 that wasnt the intent. I fully expect to keep holding my sub 200 due to my lack of RNG on the speed mods. I would LOVE top 10 who wouldnt? But my lack of RNG isnt CG's fault. And I have no issue with this fact as frustrating as it may be from time to time :)

Mods are moveable man....... I'm serious..... You could be raking in crystals with your DR team with good mods...... Does your guild not have a mod bot?......
  • LunaticWoda
    70 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Mods are moveable man....... I'm serious..... You could be raking in crystals with your DR team with good mods...... Does your guild not have a mod bot?......

They do, my RNG has been criminally bad my best speed mod is a health mod with 19 speed (currently on Malak) my 2nd best is a 17 speed mod which I believe is on my DR. the rest are 14 or lower. Just the reality of my situation :)
  • @Balding is it pay to win though? Personally I dont find this game to be P2W at all. However it is very pay to accelerate. To me P2W is you spend money to get something exclusively a F2P person cannot. For example World of Tanks with the gold ammo (forget what its called in game) drastically increases their damage and you MUST spend money to get it.

@Whoever said I was new. I think I am about 2 years in granted had about a 6 month break once NS really dropped off

@Darkness Well I did first pass DR DM and MT 2nd tried JKR

As I said some would call me a whale based on the money spent. Maybe we need to have a post about what this community defines as a whale apparently. But its whatever.

You are definitely not a whale , maybe a large porpoise, but no whale.

Im fine with that I honestly dont care if I meet the community definition of "whale".... Unless there is some hidden achievement that gives you a full set of max speed modded mods... Than id care :P

Just answering your question about whale status lol
  • @Seedy I can agree with this. But I think there needs to be a balance. For example. When designing JKR/DR/DM if someone said sure this DR/DM team is gonna be godly and were gonna make money. If as a company you plan to reach a target dollar amount to obtain this team first run. Lets say they targeted 1k gets you the team locked and loaded (just picking a random number) You can than expect cool that 1k gives you top tier for x amount of time. You dont want to slap those players who spent that 1k and 1 or 2 weeks later their meta team is no longer the bees knees. You also dont want to make that x time frame of top tier to long as it gets stale for those players and excessively annoying for the F2P. Its a balancing act. And I can understand the players who are mad that they had to make 2 changes to prevent that team from being beaten.

So I get the frustration for that. But they have come forward said they messed up and I think overall we all need to get over it. if it keeps happening than thats a different story.

The other half is the true F2P have cried to much over this fact giving them to the "entitled" moniker. And from that perspective I take issue as I agree they need to pipe down. As the reverse is the people spending to get this team and than within a week become irrelevant. If your forced to anger one of those two groups in that scenario its the former all day everyday.

That whole premise is basically why I titled this post the way I did. I am all for constructive banter and outrage but you need a valid point to stand on.

In conclusion +1 for you

The real problem here, is they keep messing up, its like they are trying to on purpose. Because accidentally you would've had to get something right at some point.
  • Your right it is a problem. But I can appreciate they came out and said it. If it happens again in a short tiem span than yeah ill be facepalming and probably barking about it as well. Granted EP ok sure thats an odd oversight... But the Anakin one really is puzzling how that mistake was made. But again I am fine as they came forward. To many times in this industry **** happens and the devs are radio silent. So for me I can accept a certain amount of screw ups as long as their is communication.
  • Your right it is a problem. But I can appreciate they came out and said it. If it happens again in a short tiem span than yeah ill be facepalming and probably barking about it as well. Granted EP ok sure thats an odd oversight... But the Anakin one really is puzzling how that mistake was made. But again I am fine as they came forward. To many times in this industry **** happens and the devs are radio silent. So for me I can accept a certain amount of screw ups as long as their is communication.

Yes ep , but i think you forget jkr, how many toons got nerfed cause they beat him, same for the sith raid. If this was the first or second or even third time , you'd be right, but at this point, i can't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.
  • leef wrote: »
    honestly though, the whole f2p vs p2p thingy is just silly imo. The game needs both, alienating either one of them is not a good thing for the game or for ea/cg's wallet. If there was an oppertunity to make everyone p2p and earn more money in the process, you can bet your sweet behind ea would be doing that.
    p2p obviously comes with advantages and every f2p player with a brain knows that and accepts that. That still doesn't mean that this game should become pure pay to win, which i reckon most p2p players don't want either. It sounds nice, to win because you're paying, but you'll end up paying to lose because some other guy is willing to pay even more.

EA is learning. Their new game in dev "Fallen Order" will not have loot boxes or ANY microtranactions, and said they willnot be adding them later. There may be hope for them yet.

They do, my RNG has been criminally bad my best speed mod is a health mod with 19 speed (currently on Malak) my 2nd best is a 17 speed mod which I believe is on my DR. the rest are 14 or lower. Just the reality of my situation :)

I would suggest that you put at least as much effort into getting a good set of mods as you put into getting your dr team......

Not being a ****..... Mods are half the game, and it's holding you back..... And they are transferrable later...... If I was you, and willing to spend, it would be on a good set of mods....
  • Send you a message Bubba to keep the mod chat in there as that screen was super long lol
  • OP your GG kind of blows my mind, if anything it makes me snicker because it's obvious a LOT of people in your shard did what you did, "whaled" the last two months to get DR and your roster is a joke otherwise, and your all fighting to stay in the top 100? Sounds fun, enjoy
  • OP your GG kind of blows my mind, if anything it makes me snicker because it's obvious a LOT of people in your shard did what you did, "whaled" the last two months to get DR and your roster is a joke otherwise, and your all fighting to stay in the top 100? Sounds fun, enjoy

Besides your name makes me think your very very wide of the point that is being made here. Fail to see how my roster is a "joke" But appreciate your added constructiveness to the thread!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/p/775768257/
    is this you? If so, i'm pretty sure there are multiple f2p players winning vs you, lol.

As I said...... Hardly a whale......

And as I said maybe you should clarify what you call a whale. You choose to go silent when you clearly lost the debate :)

It's not a debate. It's just you repeating the same thing over and over whenever anyone challenges you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Shouldn't some of those here be adding unwanted items to the list for the next update?
    Nice humble shame brag OP......

Let me give you another analogy that better fits .....

You are a big spender, so you go out and buy the fastest, newest Porsche on the market..... I am a moderate spenders, but saved my money and bought the same Porsche.....

Now, 3 months later, a newer faster Porsche comes out and you buy it, and I can't afford it..... So your car is now faster and better than mine..... I then do some research and find an inexpensive way to make.my Porsche as fast or faster than yours.....

Should the dealership be able to now recall my older model Porsche and modify it at their whim so it can no longer beat yours?..... Making it no longer the Porsche I paid for?

That is exactly what is happening with this lack of testing and constant character nerfs...

Kinda agree and like the analogy. U sup up ur Porsche and the company confiscates it. You know who can do that to some degree Royal Royce . They have contracts that the owner doesn't look unde the hood. Only Royce is the ones to work on the he models. If you do get in the engine they never sell to you again. I think it's still that way now.
  • I haven't played for some time now. I'm going to get back into the game. It has a lot of stuff to do I didn't have the time. I knew that it was a ptp type of game. I'm not sure what the game would be ftp totally. I bought packes n shards and toons . Idk just let it be.

You are a big spender, so you go out and buy the fastest, newest Porsche on the market..... I am a moderate spenders, but saved my money and bought the same Porsche.....

Now, 3 months later, a newer faster Porsche comes out and you buy it, and I can't afford it..... So your car is now faster and better than mine..... I then do some research and find an inexpensive way to make.my Porsche as fast or faster than yours.....

Should the dealership be able to now recall my older model Porsche and modify it at their whim so it can no longer beat yours?..... Making it no longer the Porsche I paid for?

That is exactly what is happening with this lack of testing and constant character nerfs...

^ Exactly.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Man I happenstanced upon this thread I hope you don’t think money is what makes you skilled lol.

You are probably the same guy in WoW who dies to the stupid **** and does puddly dps, or you don’t play because you can’t buy your advantage.

I didn’t start as f2p - the first year I played I probably donated 400 or so dollars to Carries kids trust fund until I realized there is no way to be competitive at that rate.

I would love to see this game in a subscription based model but I know that will never happen. I would love to watch the supposed whales fall off because they don’t know how to compete without having to buy it. Hell micro transactions are the future I’m surprised my beloved WoW hasn’t gone there it’s where companies make it huge but it sucks for real competitive play.
    @Balding is it pay to win though? Personally I dont find this game to be P2W at all. However it is very pay to accelerate. To me P2W is you spend money to get something exclusively a F2P person cannot. For example World of Tanks with the gold ammo (forget what its called in game) drastically increases their damage and you MUST spend money to get it.

@Whoever said I was new. I think I am about 2 years in granted had about a 6 month break once NS really dropped off

@Darkness Well I did first pass DR DM and MT 2nd tried JKR

As I said some would call me a whale based on the money spent. Maybe we need to have a post about what this community defines as a whale apparently. But its whatever.

I don't know who would call you a whale, or where you got the idea you were one...... But there are many threads about what constitutes a whale if you want to do a little research....

Fyi, with good mods (something whales have), nightsisters never dropped off to the extent you think they did...... Certainly not down to 200 or worse..... I'm between meta and just collected my crystals for top 100....... This was taken just now.....

tbvx4shnrvxf.jpg

^ This entirely. You don’t have to be a whale to rank high in arena. You just need good mods, good knowledge of the game, and good strategy. That’s it. Also to note, I’m not a whale by any means but I’m top 50 in both arenas. This was taken right now...

elo3rovoy0ol.jpeg

Nah, bad analogy. Porsche is just a VW with more expensive parts lol ;)

Nah, bad analogy. Porsche is just a VW with more expensive parts lol ;)

Lol :joy:
  • I'm 100% F2P, and my Roster makes SOME p2w players envious. All that means is I have played since launch. OP is the sound of one hand clapping. Burner account used to Troll Players.
  • Bagwell wrote: »
    Man I happenstanced upon this thread I hope you don’t think money is what makes you skilled lol.

You are probably the same guy in WoW who dies to the stupid **** and does puddly dps, or you don’t play because you can’t buy your advantage.

I didn’t start as f2p - the first year I played I probably donated 400 or so dollars to Carries kids trust fund until I realized there is no way to be competitive at that rate.

I would love to see this game in a subscription based model but I know that will never happen. I would love to watch the supposed whales fall off because they don’t know how to compete without having to buy it. Hell micro transactions are the future I’m surprised my beloved WoW hasn’t gone there it’s where companies make it huge but it sucks for real competitive play.

Sure he or she is skilled, knowing cc limits, due dates, cashback points, takes talent. Oh in game? Yeah no skill other than mimicking the meta. Lol
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Right this is getting closed off. Nothing good is going to come out of this argument.
This discussion has been closed.