About a diverse meta

By definition we got a diverse meta even if you dont think we have a diverse we do between jkr and dr cause thats 2 different teams. But its not a true rock paper scissor meta that most want but i dont see ever getting a true rock paper scissor meta again as we might get 3 teams but not a true rock paper scissor eventually which probably wont happen till the next hj event or a legendary changing it up so probably 3+ months from now.

90sdb8jqywp0.jpg

Replies

• We had a true but there was 0 resons to keep allowing emp to beat dr/malak if u bought the exclusive toon and got nothing from it u pretty much told everyone that u bought it but its goingbto be beatable by everything so the next time a toon comes like that they wont buy the toon cause theres no reason to which long run could have been worse then stopping emp and a new meta team that was built to be meta should definitely not be that easy to beat on defense
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    True RPS doesnt work. The new meta should always hold a larger than avg % of the top spots because without that, why spend money? If I knew that between CLS, JKR, DR, and JTR I could always get a #1 arena finish reliably, why bother pushing to get the new meta? For the financial health of the game they always need the rock to be bigger than paper or scissors. Sure paper can win sometimes, and scissors can beat paper. But a truly equal meta between 3+ teams can only exist if they dropped new expensive meta characters in groups of 3. Which would still cause f2p to complain because they want #1 in arena without spending.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Which I agree with if it had just been revan. Before Malak dropped the palp wasnt a problem. Problem came when Malak the newest and hardest ever character to obtain. I think they could have said TM gains by sith enemies are halved to still make that effective. Or change ferocity to not count as a debuff
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    What they mean by Rock Paper Scissors is with new complex teams. They don't want an older meta to still be able to wedge it's way into the top 20 once their "future plan" is in place. If you read Carrie's road ahead it's pretty much exactly what she says without saying it.

You'll see 3-5 "Top Tier" teams that can hold top arena spots. It'll be JKR, DR, and then 1-3 others. Most likely new content from Episode 9 (Resistance and/or FO) and probably Rebels once they finally get around to unveiling Jedi Luke.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    If that’s true, why did they add Chewbacca and C3PO to make old metas of JTR and CLS relevant? Why did they allow GK and GMYoda to function with Jedi Revan? Jedi Revan doesn’t work without Grand Master Yoda. Why’s Thrawn still relevant? At least Palpatine was a legendary character, and arguably the greatest villain of the Star Wars franchise (hence his convoluted return in episode 9).

But GK and Yoda alone cannot take over arena. Neither can a CLS team. Because Revan is just plain better, so you had to pay for him. If CLS and Chewie and C3PO could beat both Revans, why pay for Revan? The F2P farm was harder for a Revan team than for the best CLS team, so Revan makes a lot of money. What’s that money worth if everyone’s Palpatine can easily take down that team?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If that’s true, why did they add Chewbacca and C3PO to make old metas of JTR and CLS relevant? Why did they allow GK and GMYoda to function with Jedi Revan? Jedi Revan doesn’t work without Grand Master Yoda. Why’s Thrawn still relevant? At least Palpatine was a legendary character, and arguably the greatest villain of the Star Wars franchise (hence his convoluted return in episode 9).

From what i can see they're making an effort to keep raid, legendary and journey characters worth unlocking/gearing. Not a bad thing imo
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    if u bought the exclusive toon and got nothing from

What you get is a solid arena team.

GA's where you automatically win (yes auto win)

Massive boost to guilds TW

Most likely the most gated awesome capital ship in the game which will allow you to just sit on 1 for a whole year without competition

so you you get a LOT from it.

How much of an advantage is enough for buying the super current meta team...

• leef wrote: »

From what i can see they're making an effort to keep raid, legendary and journey characters worth unlocking/gearing. Not a bad thing imo

You mean new, paid characters.... Palatine is a legendary that people had to work for (back in the day)
  • I’m dying to hear this one. Tell me all about his return in episode 9 and why it’s convoluted?

• Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    What do you call it when you say one thing and do another?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Zolaz wrote: »

The words in that situation are called lies. The actions are called preformative contradictions.

CG calls it acting out a creative interpretation of the truth.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

You mean new, paid characters....
    No
    Palatine is a legendary that people had to work for (back in the day)

That's why he was reworked which made him meta at the time and why he's still a very solid character, just like pretty much all raid, legendary and journey toons.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Zolaz wrote: »

marriage