Has anyone tried Thrawn in DR teams?

I don't know, I was just thinking. Get good speed mods on Thrawn, have him go first, swap tm with badstilla, and the rest is the rest, right?

Replies

• Options
    Yep. That's what I do
  • Options
    Yep. That's what I do
    How well does it work?
  • Options
    We have a guy running it on my shard.
    I always targrt him when climbing, because thats the easiest to beat.
  • Options
    Does the AI Not know how to use thrawn in that scenario?
  • Options
    liamx27 wrote: »

Exactly. Even the best characters can be made terriblr if their abilities are used random.
    Thrawn does nothing really useful on defense, but it does give out free speed up buffs (especially if you zetaed the scam unique), effectively making the match 6v4.

Perhaps use it to climb, then switch for another toon on the 5th fight for defense.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    liamx27 wrote: »

Exactly. Even the best characters can be made terriblr if their abilities are used random.
    Thrawn does nothing really useful on defense, but it does give out free speed up buffs (especially if you zetaed the scam unique), effectively making the match 6v4.

Perhaps use it to climb, then switch for another toon on the 5th fight for defense.

this 100%
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Does this work when facing a malak? I would think the Tm boost would not work given malak’s kit.
  • Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Does this work when facing a malak? I would think the Tm boost would not work given malak’s kit.

Haven't personally tested, but no reason it shouldn’t. It is a TM swap, not TM gain. (My Jedi Knight Revan has no issues swapping TM with another squad member when using his AOE special, I fully expect that Thrawn’s will work as well)
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ykJ3u2PJhKw

Ok so speeds
    DR : his 330, mine 310.
    Bast: his 299, mine 280.
    Malak: his 305, mine 258. (His 7*, mine 5)
    My thrawn 302.

still easy win, and its better than how the video goes, as i did some noob moves. good luck.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Options

Ok so speeds
    My thrawn 302.

still easy win, and its better than how the video goes, as i did some noob moves. good luck.

Its nice that you won, but it has absolutely nothing to do with your Thrawn, if you check that fight.
    1st Thrawn interaction: trying to fracture while cbm, so it didnt work.
    2nd Thrawn interaction: give enemy DR speed up buff.
    3rd Thrawn interaction: he died.

You can stick in more useful characters than that.
  • Options

Ok so speeds
    My thrawn 302.

Its nice that you won, but it has absolutely nothing to do with your Thrawn, if you check that fight.
    1st Thrawn interaction: trying to fracture while cbm, so it didnt work.
    2nd Thrawn interaction: give enemy DR speed up buff.
    3rd Thrawn interaction: he died.

You can stick in more useful characters than that.

what ? thrawn TM swapping with FBast in the start is the only reason i won. because if his Bast would put CBM before, its done. and trust me, i tried lot of other toons there. thrawn is super important.
    and its not like "its nice that you won". im not winning once and thats it. im still using it, still 100% winrate, still 100% reliable. you TM swap thrawn with bast - the game is yours. fracture isnt needed. also KRU's stun isnt needed (and he cant inflict stun). this is pretty much 3v5 when KRU and Thrawn have VERY little job to do - but i must have them to do this single job that they have - otherwise im done.
    i have SA, SM, HK, and pretty much any sith (besides SiT) g12 with zetas and near max if not maxed. sadly, their synergy is not as good as this simple TM Swap. Yep. this 1 simple move of TM swap with Bast is worth more than HK for me. this is how it goes when you need to deal with faster DRs and Basts as enemies.
    if you want, i can do a fight with HK there and you'll see how im not even taking a turns before getting obliterated.
    your comment is 1000% wrong.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Options
    "Same. I have a fast DR team (314), but not the fastest. Basicaly I have no chance of winning against faster DR teams. Had I iust use my JKR, id probably have a little bit chance.
    That cant be right. If DR/Malak teams are not even good on offense, then I dont know what they are good for. "
    this is your comment from yesterday @Roopehunter .
    instead of throwing random words in the air, why wont you try to put thrawn for the TM swap and see how instead of losing on offense, you win ?
    obviously Thrawn in defense is horrible. hes always been that way. but for offense, his little job of TM swap is enough to guarantee a win. if you cant see it - try to use it and at least feel it.
    and i really dont want to use thrawn. this guy is meta for too long and i really sick of him by now. i have him with 0 zetas because i dont like him so much. but cant ignore the fact hes crucial, for this meta too.
  • Options
    "Same. I have a fast DR team (314), but not the fastest. Basicaly I have no chance of winning against faster DR teams. Had I iust use my JKR, id probably have a little bit chance.
    That cant be right. If DR/Malak teams are not even good on offense, then I dont know what they are good for. "
    this is your comment from yesterday @Roopehunter .
    instead of throwing random words in the air, why wont you try to put thrawn for the TM swap and see how instead of losing on offense, you win ?
    obviously Thrawn in defense is horrible. hes always been that way. but for offense, his little job of TM swap is enough to guarantee a win. if you cant see it - try to use it and at least feel it.
    and i really dont want to use thrawn. this guy is meta for too long and i really sick of him by now. i have him with 0 zetas because i dont like him so much. but cant ignore the fact hes crucial, for this meta too.

So, basically you use thrawn to:
    -Gain about 10 speeds for your bastilla
    -Lose a spot on the team for an actually useful member and give speed up buff to the enemy

It looks risky to say the least.
    Im happy if it works out for you tho.
  • Options
    yes. i use thrawn so my bast will be the fastest bast on the match - and it guarentee me a win.
    in case people dont notice yet - this is a speed meta. pure speed meta. DR immune to TMR + Malak stopping TMGain ensuring NO TM MANIPULATION, and its to make sure this meta will rely on modding.
    and if i cant get good enough mods to make my bast fastest, i need to use mechanics to ensure it - since no TM manipulation is possible, TM swapping is the only one i can use currently.
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Options
    Hey @Sidious_Is_Pikachu is Kru there to tank life drain? What's the difference between him and sith trooper in that last slot?
  • Options
    the main difference, for me, is the gear. my kru is maxed, my SiT isnt g9 even. (he generic, require too much carbs, and i dont like him).
    but yea, KRU is immune to % Hp attacks, and thats why im using him over Shore / L3. anyway you need pretaunt when you are slower, so KRU is filling that spot. his immunity to malak's 100% HP is great addition.
    i think that SiT, if geared to g12 ofc, is still better, although he get ferocity that remove some of his defense. so if you have SiT, use SiT. but in case you dont have SiT, imo KRU best choice.
  • Options
    Thrawn is a guaranteed win on offense. He has 1 job for me. Swap TM with BSF to win the CBM race. GG.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Thrawn is a guaranteed win on offense. He has 1 job for me. Swap TM with BSF to win the CBM race. GG.
    That’s what I was thinking. Throw your very best speed mods on Thrawn, then you can focus on Potency to make sure CBM lands on everyone, instant win. Then, before your 5th battle, swap mods + take thrawn out for a good defense team.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    2 ways to easily win DR mirrors:
    1) outspeed the opponents BSF with your own one (SA before the Malak buff, Thrawn TM swap as he has a higher base speed than BSF)
    2) spread tenacity up to shutdown the opponents CBM (Rex, Chirrut, GMY - Rex being the worst choice as he has a low base speed, GMY the most common choice as most ppl gave him that G12+ pieces and he has the highest base speed)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Despite what roopehunter says, thrawn is the best option for your toons if they're slower. I got mine at 320 speed and I don't regret it, as it indirectly makes my bsf that speed too. On defense it's not that bad, I don't drop out of top 20 with him, he fractures the sith trooper and allows revan to go mad on the other team (if you're faster, of course. If you're slower you'll lose with or without him)