Change to anakin!

Replies

• Javin37
    367 posts Member
    @ShaggyB Let me know how Malak does against Anakin when you get him to 7*, G12, with 6* mods.

This guy has malak. He runs Anakin instead because he is smart. Why waste resources when there is no need to?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/964121677/

This guy shares his payout on that shard.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/272433211/

They have had no problems climbing right through 7 star malaks.

this is one of the guys on the same shard...
    https://swgoh.gg/p/132616398/

• srwhitewvu wrote: »
    I think annakin beating Malak is being overblown by a lot. There are literally zero teams running annakin in the top 50 in my shard. The top 20 is almost entirely made up of Malak with one Darth Revan team with hk instead and one CLS team. As a non Darth Revan player, I would love to see Annakin so that I might be able to get in the top 20. If they nerf annakin, it is a huge overreaction for nothing.

Agreed. With the Clone Wars rework, I've moved way up in the arena, but I'm no where near the top 50. No one else around me has Anakin, Ahsoka and GK on their squad but before the rework...who used JKA and Ahsoka that much (me apparently?) Their synergy has moved me way up, but I'm in no position to take on the top squads, even once I get everyone geared to 12. I'm killing some squads that maybe I shouldn't be, but the whales have nothing to fear.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    @ShaggyB Let me know how Malak does against Anakin when you get him to 7*, G12, with 6* mods.

My worry on malak is will the meta hold long enough to get him there. Figure next month or june ill be at 6 star.... but its a 4 month climb from there
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Just make the viable counters cost zetas and comparable gear.

Anakin took no zetas and was an easy gear.

Reward without effort never ends well.

Since they are refunding gear...just refund gear on anakin back to g7 and make him need new gear. some more stun guns, carbantis...and 2 zetas.

We want fairness don't we?

No.

I geared mine long ago and do not want his gear changed. Fix the issue and test better.

Thats the solution. Doing 60k on a basic is not something one should expect with poor mods

Agreed. I'm just suggesting that to prove many of those speaking about fairness in arena are liars.

Haha fairness in arena. If your credit is good you won.

If not you can hope for top 50

False.

ftp and 1 daily

Congrats you are beating the system. But in general terms the whales will mostly win in arena.

Again that doesnt mean f2p cant. That doesnt mean it never happens... it means in general, the more you spend the easier your climb is.

As much as I would like to think so..I am not special. I just asked what the other ftp who were at the top did to get there and just did the same.

Save resources and wait for the next meta and push the best you can until then. That's how I beat the system. The resources used. Anakin takes almost nothing and no zetas. That's what I meant by fairness.

Without counters, how can one place first in arena to begin saving crystals? You need to be able to get on the train to ride it into future metas.

grevious is a counter.

takes some amount of gear and zetas though....like it should.

If you're behind then start saving now and get in on the next meta.

Now thats sage advise. Skip the current as youve missed it. The next one will land soon after DR/malak round 2 (unless they give malak a round 2 before doing DR again... then he will be round 3 when next meta drops)

The pattern has been a release that sets up the hard counter comes 2 weeks after. Last time was fallen bast to aid the traya teams. That release is always a soft counter that makes some existing team able to beat whatever the current meta is.

Then countdown to the hard counter which will dominate (or be another disaster).

Those missing out now just have to hang in there and save. If you have anything saved up you are ahead of malak owners as they just went through a major depletion of resources.

Not sure id even say major. I will give you i went through all my new pieces and purchased a few (rest of my malak was f2p as im crazy and had those characters at almost gear 12 before malak was announced. Was working on zaalbar, mission and canderous gear 12. Had carth and 1 piece left on t3 when ebon hawk dropped)

Malak wasnt a hard gear... atleast when compared to canderous, hoda and GK

What were you able to get through with on Juhani?

The new gear on 3 levels for Malak was annoying. Are you planning on farming a stash of these for future use? I think it will be the way of things moving forward.

Thats how i did it last time. I farmed 50 of each initialy. I bought the rest.

Malak needed more than i anticipated, so i did cave and give them money on that.

So im considering farming more once i get his last gear 12 piece. Seems a safe bet.

Juhani i am at gear 11 and stopped. Shes just not that good. Carth and canderous are fun together.
    Mission and big z are fun. Hk and badstila / jolee and bastila are required... t3 is part of a ship.

Juhani is a back burner for me. I need to put zetas on some of these.... but my path is zeta characters for sith raid and none of them jump out.... outside the arena meta zetas
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited April 2019

My worry on malak is will the meta hold long enough to get him there. Figure next month or june ill be at 6 star.... but its a 4 month climb from there

That’s on CG for stupidly releasing a 5* character. It’s not on a reworked, maxed out Anakin sometimes beating a considerably underdeveloped Malak by exploiting the Ferocity debuff inherit to Darth Revan teams. People who hoarded GET have a rockin’ 7* Malak though and shouldn’t have issues losing to little Annie.

And CG’s been hinting more Guild Event characters are coming, so those looking to be proactive should consider saving up now so they can be prepared for the future.

All in all, the development team has made very questionable decisions lately which has alienated F2P and P2P players.

That last part i agree with you on.

My issue with anakin doing so well is the lack of zeta it requires to walk over malak or badstila.

I think hell be tweaked down a bit due to that.

Likewise if the 5 star release is as high as you can get day 1... then that better preform like a 7 star character... which means when you get to 7 star.... watch out
  • ludwignasche
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I really don't see reasons to nerf Anakin since it isn't holding on defense

There were always non meta teams able to climb otherwise the meta becomes boring
    Post edited by ludwignasche on
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

This guy has malak. He runs Anakin instead because he is smart. Why waste resources when there is no need to?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/964121677/

This guy shares his payout on that shard.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/272433211/

They have had no problems climbing right through 7 star malaks.

this is one of the guys on the same shard...
    https://swgoh.gg/p/132616398/

Those first two have Malak at gear 9... meaning they still need more of the new "F you" gateway gear that CG introduced with Darth Revan and Darth Malak. They're not conserving resources because they don't need to use them, they're simply locked behind a wall of gear that was made to specifically slow down progression.

I run JKR + JKA because I don't have either of the new sith. The sith teams hold better. That's a fact. Not a single person running a sith team has any sort of trouble against my JKR+JKA team. Do I win every single time against the people with g12 zzMalak? Absolutely not. Do I win every time against the people with 5* Malak's? No I still don't. It's a high winning percentage, but it's not a perfect record. Not a single sith team has lost to JKA on my shard. JKA is not outperforming Malak, if a sith team with Malak in it is losing to a JKR team, the problem is not the toons, it's the person tapping the buttons or the fact that they're overly undergeared and undermodded relative to the jedi team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

That’s on CG for stupidly releasing a 5* character. It’s not on a reworked, maxed out Anakin sometimes beating a considerably underdeveloped Malak by exploiting the Ferocity debuff inherit to Darth Revan teams. People who hoarded GET have a rockin’ 7* Malak though and shouldn’t have issues losing to little Annie.

And CG’s been hinting more Guild Event characters are coming, so those looking to be proactive should consider saving up now so they can be prepared for the future.

All in all, the development team has made very questionable decisions lately which has alienated F2P and P2P players.

My issue with anakin doing so well is the lack of zeta it requires to walk over malak or badstila.

Except that he doesn't walk all over them. It's a very tight fight and very RNG-dependent. And that's a g12+7* Anakin against 5* Malak.

A well modded 7* Malak holds against JKR/Anakin teams over 50% of the time in my experience.

So there really is no need to nerf him.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • has there beenanymore communicationabout the rework?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    has there beenanymore communicationabout the rework?

Just got an ingame notification that an update is imminent, so hopefully we get something regarding that update shortly.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except that he doesn't walk all over them. It's a very tight fight and very RNG-dependent. And that's a g12+7* Anakin against 5* Malak.

A well modded 7* Malak holds against JKR/Anakin teams over 50% of the time in my experience.

So there really is no need to nerf him.

One of my shardmates started running a g12 anakin in his DR/malak lineup.. Exactly 0 synergy, and yet Anakin still qualifies himself on the team. Thats how op he is.
  • TheEvo wrote: »
    Because he deals up to 100k AOE damage and over 70k on his basic. If that is not broken then I don't know what is.

Anikan is not broke its devan thts broke. Only reason anikan is hitting tht hard is cuz of all the ferocity from devan and now u have grevious doin the same exact thing anikan is. His aoe is wiping out full malek teams cuz of all the ferocity so under ur argument tht means gg is broken to? An the nxt char tht comes out tht destroys devan cuz he has -1000% defense from all the ferocity is he gonna be broken to? Sounds like devan is one thts broken
  • I have a G12++ Anakin with God mods, and after a week experimenting with mods I cannot get into my top 15 in arena against well modded Malaks.
    I used to get #1 in Arena 6 times a week so yes I know what I'm talking about.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • There's a guy in my guild that has a well modded Anakin. He ran him in the Sith raid and easily soloed it. He also put him on his arena team. He has been running him with zombie lead and nothing else. He said he just autos all the malaks easily. He also said the Cubs didn't win the World Series until he modded his Anakin right. He even told me he lives in a very rough part of Chicago. He keeps a cutout of Anakin in his window and he has never been robbed.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Anakin doesn't 'walk' over anyone; when I win with him he's usually in the red with 1 or 2 toons left standing with him. Once I was down to just Jolee who resurrected Ani who went on for the win, hardly a walk.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Looks like they either fixed or broke Anakin. He no longer gains a bonus turn, at least in my two matches to test post update.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Looks like they either fixed or broke Anakin. He no longer gains a bonus turn, at least in my two matches to test post update.

Stealth nerf????
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »

Stealth nerf????

Well, it still triggers in gw, but in arena it didn't tick once out of 4 times it should've. So no telling, I'll test again in a few.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    The only people who want Anakin nerfed seem to be 5* Malak owners who didn’t have the foresight to hoard GET in addition to crystals. 😂

f2pqs3hcbnz7.jpg

Umm im saying it and i have a good malak.... soon as i get 6 more stun gun salavage ill have his 2 gear 12 pieces ready to go....

Well ahead of 7 star and when i would need them.

Again im saying anakin shouldnt work like that and my malak can take the hits he gives....

My mods arent tuned for god tier speed and i see no reason to move those from my revan team.

Bubblechomp: The people who want Anakin nerfed own only 5* Malak.
    ShaggyB: That's not true. *Shows off his 5* Malak*
    This is gold...

You are forgetting the qualifier "who didn’t have the foresight to hoard GET in addition to crystals. 😂" (assuming GET is GEAR)

GET is Guild Event Tokens. You know, those things that let you have a >5* Malak?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Anakin doesn't 'walk' over anyone; when I win with him he's usually in the red with 1 or 2 toons left standing with him. Once I was down to just Jolee who resurrected Ani who went on for the win, hardly a walk.

I can one shot badstila by the time its my turn on... thats walking over her
  • Padmé! :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • TheEvo wrote: »
    Because he deals up to 100k AOE damage and over 70k on his basic. If that is not broken then I don't know what is.

Ok so they going to nerf gmy too I am getting 80k on basic and 145k on special.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

So he can one shot the weakest toon on that team, while she has zero defense, and your Anakin is prolly modded fully for offense. How's that bad?
    Darth revan and hk can nearly one shot heavy defense toons on a lead that doesn't remove all defense.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited April 2019

So he can one shot the weakest toon on that team, while she has zero defense, and your Anakin is prolly modded fully for offense. How's that bad?
    Darth revan and hk can nearly one shot heavy defense toons on a lead that doesn't remove all defense.

My anakin is modded with garbage mods. Thats my whole point. He does that without being tuned for damage.

I get that you guys like it. Im using it at times to jump up my arena shard too

The issue is more it shouldnt work not is it cool it does
  • i think games like this should be controlled by the states. its like the modern gambling station only on a mobile.

Let me address this one line, hopefully in a way that doesn’t insult you:
    This is - by far - the most ignorant thing I have ever read in this forum. Not ANY forum, but certainly this one.
    Firstly: if you think this game equates in any way to “modern gambling” then you have no idea what “gambling” is. If this game is gambling, then going to see a movie without seeing a review is gambling. Driving a vehicle is gambling. Eating anything is gambling. 🙄
    Now...have the states control the game? Like...government? That idea tells us you have absolutely no experience with your state government. Or really any form of government. If the states had any control over this game, it’d still be in development. This game would not even be at the beta-testing stage. There would be 128 idea people, 13 managers, and 1 coder who had never coded anything before. What’s the coder been doing for the last 3 years? Working on the logo screen.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Leave Anakin alone.

It’s about time a character who is actually part of the core universe got powerful.

Anakin SHOULD be powerful.

🤯
    Whoa! Slow down!
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

My anakin is modded with garbage mods. Thats my whole point. He does that without being tuned for damage.

I get that you guys like it. Im using it at times to jump up my arena shard too

The issue is more it shouldnt work not is it cool it does

Go star your smelly Malak up and stop worrying about a hugely overrated rework.

My Malek isn’t smelly! Lol
This discussion has been closed.