Don’t nerf Anakin... Well, not a buff either

I know i sound like every f2p person out there now- but i have an idea on how to make Anakin stay slightly viable, with out loosing any of the player base.
Kind of like how retribution on battlefront 2, make it so that his special is on a cool down that can’t be lowered, unless one of his teammates is hit, or Anakin himself. To make it a bit better, make it a faction specific...

like,
overpowering assault (special)
cool down: 15

inflict physical damage to all enemy’s and inflict (possible new debuff)and grant all allies (insert buff). the cool down of this ability can not be reduced unless allies are being hit.

I thought a choke like ability might work, like inflict a new kind of DOT, as not not trigger malaks unique, but that might not appeal to many people... The buff could be something like offence up.

Buffs might not affect this ability either, so offence up would do nothing... it would be his put damage output-

base damage could be 25k (so f2p aren’t annoyed) per hit, with a new debuff(mentioned above) that could be cleansed or resisted...

this would mean that anakin is useless in a jkr squad, and viable in a galactic republic squad that darth reven could beat on defence.

Unsure is any of this would work, but thoughts might be nice...

Replies

• Javin37
    367 posts Member
    better they just adjust malak and leave it alone like they did with EP.
  • **** all that, it is good as it is. Malak still holds on defense 1/5 or 2/5 if moded and geard so no need to nerf or buff, also you change JKR team and become easy target for other JKR teams, so its kinda balancing and DR with DMalak is still the best defense out there.
  • Easily see jka getting a 20-30% nerf to dmg or some kind of ferocity interaction/buff reducing the defense penalty to -5 to -7 range instead
  • The rework was very underwhelming to begin with. Now we are already going to nerf JKA?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Easily see jka getting a 20-30% nerf to dmg or some kind of ferocity interaction/buff reducing the defense penalty to -5 to -7 range instead

Easily see Anakin become worthless again due to kneejerk reaction. Blame ferocity, not Anakin.

Btw, go test Anakin against tanky teams, like JKR.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Maybe Ferocity continues to drop defense but adds critical avoidance? Maybe 4% per stack? That would be up to 80% CA at most, typically more like 40-60% in most situations. JKA can still do a lot of damage but he is no longer guaranteed to get the 100k damage he was getting.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I think JKAna-CANON the CANNON is a defining point right now. Hope we get some clarity on him soon.

Wanting him to either:
    1. No change except ability only affects GR tag (or full GR team), so we know he’s got a trick to keep him viable when more GR reworks/characters come
    2. Give him a zeta, post-nerf
    3. Change the DR+M ai
    4. Leave him be, he’s arguably creating more competition because he offers a tactic to DR+M (w/ comparable mods) that also make the squad weaker in mirrors.

Ultimately I really just want them to keep fighting the good fight to recreate competition after JKR — they made a kit with too many solutions and are struggling to effectively, peacefully bring more factions up to par

At the end of the day, KOTOR/legends are cool but it’s fun seeing a favorite canon character on top, particularly with his new animation stance