Does “Takes reduced damage from Percent damage attacks” effect Culling Blade/Execute?

Does, for example, KRU take reduced damage If I use culling blade on him? Is the damage boost each debuff gives lower, or does it do nothing at all?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Wouldn't have thought so. They aren't percentage damage attacks (as in, doing a percentage of the target's health as damage). Their damage just increases with more debuffs (and buffs in the case of execute) on the target. The damage increase won't be lower if targeting KRU.
  • It means they barely take any damage from dots, burning, plague, expose, etc. Also abilities like Rex’s subdue, and Malak’s drain life. Culling blade and execute deal normal amounts of damage.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    No. It actually says "Percent health" effects which means anything that deals damage based on the target's max health, like Expose or Damage Over Time effects (20% of target's max health and 5% of max health per stack respectively, I think). Attacks that increase damage by a percentage for certain conditions (like Culling Blade dealing 10% more per debuff or whatever it is) will still work normally.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Culling blade and execute should work normally. The attack's damage is increased for each debuff, but it isn't a percentage targets health
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    He heals whenever he takes damage so if he's modded well, he'll absorb most of a full Culling Blade without any real hit to his bars.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    He heals whenever he takes damage so if he's modded well, he'll absorb most of a full Culling Blade without any real hit to his bars.

He heals 8% of his max hp when hit ,with good mods at 6e he can have around 55k hp ,8% of that is 4400hp , culling blade hits 3x that amount without the added % damage from the dispels.
    40k damage is easy from culling blade and Kru will stop about 5k of that, if he is lucky he will get advantage and gain 5% hp/prot and maybe heal 4-5k more that's if culling blade doesn't dispell the advantage before the damage.

So at most he will stop 25% of culling blade.
  • I run them daily in arena and he eats it on Vader's opening move about 50% of the time. He routinely won't go down to even half protection after it. Granted he's almost 60% defence too, which helps.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Is there something wrong with my maths ,even with 60% defence it's still going to do damage.

Do you think him gaining 8% of his hp back when he is hit effects his protection lol ?

Also the op is referring to the added % damage per debuff effecting %based damages like DoT or burning .also opening move culling blade isn't going to be the strongest not many debuffs to clear
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

He heals 8% of his max hp when hit ,with good mods at 6e he can have around 55k hp ,8% of that is 4400hp , culling blade hits 3x that amount without the added % damage from the dispels.
    40k damage is easy from culling blade and Kru will stop about 5k of that, if he is lucky he will get advantage and gain 5% hp/prot and maybe heal 4-5k more that's if culling blade doesn't dispell the advantage before the damage.

Mine has nearly 70k health. If modded this way, he's almost unkillable, without healing immunity. Very few characters can do much to him.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Teague wrote: »

Mine has nearly 70k health. If modded this way, he's almost unkillable, without healing immunity. Very few characters can do much to him.

So he recovers 5600 hp per hit from a 8% hp gain ?

Edit: maybe with zbarris healing 20% max hp on crit will help more but even at 70k 8% isn't enough when a lot of damage dealers can hit that now days
  • Teague
    939 posts Member

Edit: maybe with zbarris healing 20% max hp on crit will help more but even at 70k 8% isn't enough when a lot of damage dealers can hit that now days

Regardless, I think he's the best tank in the game. Characters like Chewie just give him health when they attack him.
  • Teague wrote: »

Regardless, I think he's the best tank in the game. Characters like Chewie just give him health when they attack him.

When you bring a knife to a gun fight you make the gun even more effective.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member

When you bring a knife to a gun fight you make the gun even more effective.

When you attack, you get to counter whatever they have set on defense.