Can The Zeta Situation Be Improved?

Replies

• CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    If the solution to this 'problem' is solved through the wallet, I'd rather maintain current state.
  • A once off on May 4th? I think the OP meant more regular ways to get zetas
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    That's why we can't have nice things right there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Zetas are too slow to come in, should be earned the best way to solve this is to put them on all GA events, not half.
  • I do agree, more zetas would be good. Especially with the way event difficulties have been going.

Used to be you could skip omega and zetas for b or c teams and just swap your best arena mods on if you needed the extra. Now though 6E mods lock that option and even if you didnt bring your arena mods to 6E you can't get by any more with g8/9 toons.

More difficult events is fine but we need more zeta access so we can keep up with equipping toons for all the events and be able to equip the toon we spent all those resources unlocking while not having all of that resource commitment kneecap our ability to equip toons needed for various guild activities. This is especially true for new players as i don't see any way they can keep up with being ready for legendary events and prepping teams so they aren't deadweight to their guild.
  • I look at some of the comments in this thread from “alleged” players of the game saying, “No, don’t give us more zetas!”, and I have to wonder what possible motivation they can have.

I can only assume they’re afraid that someone else is going to somehow gain an advantage over them, but since Crumb hasn’t even suggested how the shortage might be improved, how can anyone in their right mind have a problem with it?!

I swear you could announce a cure for cancer and some forum nobody would instantly start a petition against it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I look at some of the comments in this thread from “alleged” players of the game saying, “No, don’t give us more zetas!”, and I have to wonder what possible motivation they can have.

I can only assume they’re afraid that someone else is going to somehow gain an advantage over them, but since Crumb hasn’t even suggested how the shortage might be improved, how can anyone in their right mind have a problem with it?!

I swear you could announce a cure for cancer and some forum nobody would instantly start a petition against it.

I'm a player. Nothing "alleged" about me. My gg page is easy to find. One reason I'm successful without spending a lot of money is because I manage my resources well. You're right, if they hand out a free zeta every day, or a stun gun, or whatever, my advantage in that area will be gone. I don't play to collect toons, I play to do well in arena, in TW, in GA, etc. I play in part because the game rewards me for my play style.

So yeah, I like the game how it is now. If you don't like that this is a resource management game, ok, but I do.
  • My issue is one zeta a month from challenges that happens 3 times a week is ridiculous. Some might say its just bad luck but until it starts happening to you then youll feel like something needs to be done like i do.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I look at some of the comments in this thread from “alleged” players of the game saying, “No, don’t give us more zetas!”, and I have to wonder what possible motivation they can have.

I'm a player. Nothing "alleged" about me. My gg page is easy to find. One reason I'm successful without spending a lot of money is because I manage my resources well. You're right, if they hand out a free zeta every day, or a stun gun, or whatever, my advantage in that area will be gone. I don't play to collect toons, I play to do well in arena, in TW, in GA, etc. I play in part because the game rewards me for my play style.

So yeah, I like the game how it is now. If you don't like that this is a resource management game, ok, but I do.

Yeah, “hoard and focus”, as I said before. Glad that works for you.

My message for CG is that paying to gear up characters is pointless when you don’t have the zetas to make them useful, so I’m glad they’re finally looking at this.

I’m sure they’ll do the right thing.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Been playing for 2 years and never happened to me, in fact I don't ever remember going a single week without at least one or two from the six attempts.

It would be interesting to see some data. There's been shard tracking and mod tracking, but I don't recall anyone tracking this one.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I have a big advantage in PvP areas because I hoard and use my zetas sparingly, but I still think we need a lot of zetas and omegas because the game has shifted dramatically in the past few months. It feels like you need zetas to use a toon rather than have them as optional luxury ability upgrades. You could get by 2-3 zetas per team, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There is a large zeta demand but not a sufficient supply

Even if they increase zeta supply, the difference between you and others will stay the same, so I'm not sure why people are against more zetas either. If your opponents are getting an extra 30 zeta mats each month, so are you....
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Because they need them more than I do. Sure I could zeta EP or KRU or Finn but I don't need to.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Because they need them more than I do. Sure I could zeta EP or KRU or Finn but I don't need to.

Pretty selfish attitude though, isn’t it? Zeta KRU was a go to TW defender for over a year, EP has been pretty much essential for certain counters, you’re playing a very niche style and saying the rest of us should remain limited because it suits you personally (and rewards not spending!).

I want to use all of the teams I’ve invested in and win by trying out new strategies, utilising a deep roster, not just saving for the next arena meta to the exclusion of everything else.

In short, we’re playing a different game. I don’t think zeta hoarding should determine who wins and who loses. Mods, strategy and roster depth are better for this purpose, and they pay CG’s bills as well.
  • So the argument against more zeta and/or omega is solely based on a perceived threat to a few people's fear of becoming less relevant in Arena.

Since the folks asking are newer players and some veterans that see there’s an issue, what’s the actual problem? Most will never see any of these people in their shards. They are new which means they are not in your shard at all. Since you can’t whale out and buy zeta directly right now, F2P vs P2P is not the issue.

The game modes are more and more requiring zeta to unlock characters and even do phases in TB, raids, and mythic events. Saying players need patience and just wait like we did at game start ignores that this game has changed dramatically in just the last year alone. Get gud is not an answer. The game has to evolve with and for the player base. New players are already disadvantaged with Geonosis TB in they surely don’t have any Sep or GR toons built up because they’ve been following all the guides to stay relevant with the meta. So there are still controls in place.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    How do you know they need it more? Are you just looking at squad arena? Most people are usually 1 or 2 zetas behind in squad arena. Asking for no more zeta influx is shortsighted since they will eventually have those zetas in 10-20 days

Lets go to the other point, You could zeta EP or KRU or Finn or you could save it for the next big thing, which is in no shortage. You could also strengthen your existing teams by applying zeta to all your BH while the opponent does the minimum necessary

We've had 2 Zetas for Malak, 1 zeta on GK, Ahsoka, and we are getting 2 zetas on Padme, 1 on Anakin in a month.

Yes, not all of them are needed but some of these zeta are necessary to run a team at this point. I'm not even including the possible zetas you might need for a 7 star Padme unlock. I am sure you can win this event with no zetas but to run a Sep team afterwards, you would need some zetas.

If CG increased the zeta flow, you, being ahead of others in your shard, would have a GR squad before them. A separatist squad before them. A sith empire squad before them, and other squads too, with the minimum necessary zeta
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I think the zeta situation is fine. Making them too available would be a bad move. These should take a while to get.

I agree... though a free one on may 4th seems cool.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    I don't *think* increasing the zeta drop rate will drastically unbalance things.

First, it depends on the exact increase. I think making it so we can fully zeta a few toons each month wouldn't upset the game too much.

It may or many not alter the meta, but it will allow players to more greatly utilize a larger variety of teams in all modes of game.

Also, while getting a zeta(s) on a specific toon obviously boosts them up in power and makes them more playable, if they aren't 7* and highly geared, it won't matter as much if they rock their zeta. Whales, and those who properly prepare, will still maintain their general advantage.

Finally, if they bump the zeta rate, that could also mean they'll add more zetas to older characters as well as newer ones.

After all, if the rate is a little more decent, and a new toon comes out with a zeta, you won't necessarily feel pressured to zeta the new release as opposed to an older toon you were saving up for.

• You know what would be nice. An Omega and zeta from the Daily rewards box.
  • Indigø wrote: »
    Dear CG,

While everyone loves character reworks and gets excited to gear up their characters to try new team compositions, one problem remains: zetas.

At most it seems that we can accumulate enough mats to zeta a character every 2-3 weeks. However, this month already we've had Malak (2 zetas), Ahsoka (1), and GK (1). This outpaces our ability to be able to fully utilize these characters. If we make a list and start it off with these, by the time we do a couple, even more new characters and new zetas will be out. This makes it nearly impossible to keep pace with the newer characters and make progress on any older characters that we may like, the "luxury" zetas. I feel like I will never get the chance to go back and do EP or Vader's unique or any of JTR zetas besides the lead.

We need more events that drop guaranteed zeta mats, and it would be great if the zeta challenges could be more consistently rewarding instead of consistently zero.

I'm with you I have no idea how some many people have like 10 zetas in each squad I have had my share of low drop rates and it's annoying
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member

My message for CG is that paying to gear up characters is pointless when you don’t have the zetas to make them useful, so I’m glad they’re finally looking at this.

My concern is that cg may look at a post like this as an opportunity to make more money.

Right now zetas are one of the few resources that cannot be just purchased outright. If the 'solution' is to add zetas to shipments for ungodly amounts of crystals.... or even something a little more creative but still favoring spending then i have some concerns.

With the way things are currently heading, a few more steps in the spend direction and f2p will start dropping off. That will negatively impact the longevity of this game. I like this game, and i don't want that to happen.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »

My concern is that cg may look at a post like this as an opportunity to make more money.

Right now zetas are one of the few resources that cannot be just purchased outright. If the 'solution' is to add zetas to shipments for ungodly amounts of crystals.... or even something a little more creative but still favoring spending then i have some concerns.

With the way things are currently heading, a few more steps in the spend direction and f2p will start dropping off. That will negatively impact the longevity of this game. I like this game, and i don't want that to happen.

I actually agree, I'm not saying they should be sold. I'm saying that availability should be increased for everyone. For example, just having the ewok and nightsister zeta events alternating each week would be a nice boost. Having one in the daily box would be even better.

Any increase should benefit all players, my argument is that the general supply of these needs to increase, for everyone in the game.
  • If you place 100-200 in fleet, lose every tw, win 2/3 of each ga with a zeta, average 1 zeta per ship challenge day, get the minimum zetas for both the wicket and talzin events, and do this all in a 30 day month, you're getting 50 zetas monthly. Do better in fleet and that increases. Win tws and GAs and that increases. Get lucky and it may increase even more with the challenges. The drop rate is fine; play well and get rewarded. Find a guild that can win tws (or better yet help improve your current guild). Rise up the fleet arena and get the currency to buy more mats. Anyone can do it. It's completely possible to get 60-70 zeta mats per month, although it can be tough. F2P can do this as well.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Virem wrote: »
    If you place 100-200 in fleet, lose every tw, win 2/3 of each ga with a zeta, average 1 zeta per ship challenge day, get the minimum zetas for both the wicket and talzin events, and do this all in a 30 day month, you're getting 50 zetas monthly. Do better in fleet and that increases. Win tws and GAs and that increases. Get lucky and it may increase even more with the challenges. The drop rate is fine; play well and get rewarded. Find a guild that can win tws (or better yet help improve your current guild). Rise up the fleet arena and get the currency to buy more mats. Anyone can do it. It's completely possible to get 60-70 zeta mats per month, although it can be tough. F2P can do this as well.

And how many zetas are required for a decent team? Somewhere around 5 or more would be my guess, but I'm too lazy to count it. The point is that while the income isn't bad, the demand is enormous. Now, Padme will probably have 2 - 3 zetas as a legendary, GK and Ashoka got one each and Anakin will get one to go with Padme, that's at least 5 more to go. That leaves very little room for anything besides top-priority teams.
  • I see both sides of this issue. I'm ok with an overall increase in Zeta supply as that will also benefit me. I'm also ok with restricted zeta supply as I have a lot of them, thus I have an advantage. Most of my key toons are zeta'd, so making this a resource management game also benefits my play style. I think both are valid points of view here, and no one should begrudge another for their play style. If you want more zeta's, write a post and say so. If you want a resource management game (for zetas), write a post and say so. This is a place to provide your feedback.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Some Stats:

Over the past 13 weeks, I have averaged a little more than 1 zeta on each challenge day. That's been 41 challenge days, and I have received 48 zetas. My bet is the drop rate is close to 50% and overrall I've slightly outperformed that drop rate. I've gone 3 weeks without a zeta drop, and in another span, I went a 4 weeks with 25 zetas dropping. But the law of large numbers comes into play, and it averages to just above 50% drop rate.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    my personal experience:
    • play less then 2 years -> you don't have enough zetas to put on chars you like and you have to put a lot of thought into which zeta you need right now and which is a waste
    • play more then 2 years -> you start stacking up zeta mats, put some on chars you want them to polish some teams ... if the team already has the right gear level...

i'm at 2 years some months now, got mats for 4 zetas on my stockpile - amount rising ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

And then there are players like me, who simply think the current zeta availability is fine - and neither request nor dismiss an increase in zeta availability.

For me zetas don't come too easy, but also not too slow. I can zeta the abilities and teams I use for TW, Arena etc. and currently have a handful on stock.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Any increase should benefit all players, my argument is that the general supply of these needs to increase, for everyone in the game.

I agree with the first part.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    If you place 100-200 in fleet, lose every tw, win 2/3 of each ga with a zeta, average 1 zeta per ship challenge day, get the minimum zetas for both the wicket and talzin events, and do this all in a 30 day month, you're getting 50 zetas monthly. Do better in fleet and that increases. Win tws and GAs and that increases. Get lucky and it may increase even more with the challenges. The drop rate is fine; play well and get rewarded. Find a guild that can win tws (or better yet help improve your current guild). Rise up the fleet arena and get the currency to buy more mats. Anyone can do it. It's completely possible to get 60-70 zeta mats per month, although it can be tough. F2P can do this as well.

And how many zetas are required for a decent team? Somewhere around 5 or more would be my guess, but I'm too lazy to count it. The point is that while the income isn't bad, the demand is enormous. Now, Padme will probably have 2 - 3 zetas as a legendary, GK and Ashoka got one each and Anakin will get one to go with Padme, that's at least 5 more to go. That leaves very little room for anything besides top-priority teams.

5 zetas is about 2 months farming. That's not too bad to fully equip a new team, now, is it?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

5 zetas is about 2 months farming. That's not too bad to fully equip a new team, now, is it?

It was 8 for Sith Empire. And considering most arena metas last around 3 months, yeah - it kind of is.

Zeta abilities used to be extremely rare, few characters had them and one or two would make a usable team. Now, all new characters (typically OP due to power creep) need a minimum of one, and we've had a flood of journey/legendary characters that need 2 or 3 each.