Can The Zeta Situation Be Improved?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Turkinaa wrote: »
    I think the problem is either (a) we don’t get enough zetas compared to the new toons that have too many zetas for new metas or reworks or (b) too many zetas (including zetas that aren’t good anymore or are kinda not necessary and are just there).

a.
    With slightly more than 5 months between the introduction of JKR and DR, there was plenty of time to farm the zetas required for their teams and a few surplus to use on other characters.

b.
    I see no problem here. Choose carefully how to spend your zetas. Very few zetas have been rendered useless. They may not be META any more, but they are rarely completely useless.
    So to have three functioning squads that’s 20 zetas. If you’re newer to the game and if it take 3 weeks to get it that’s over a year to zeta them all.

The zeta availability should not be balanced around those players. Other players farm zetas much faster (~12 days).

The typical JKR squad has 6 zetas.

3 for JKR, 1 for Jolee and one for GMY makes 5. You don't need zetas on Bastilla's and GMY's leads - but ok, if you count those as well, it's 7.
    That was a pretty long meta, and it still didn’t leave anyone starting from scratch much time to complete their squad before the next big thing hit.
    With slightly more than 5 months between the introduction of JKR and DR, there was plenty of time to farm the zetas required for their teams and a few surplus to use on other characters.
  • There is a massive zeta and omega bottleneck in the game now,to the point it’s taking away the enjoyment. Let’s start with grievous rework 2zetas, b1 b2 magma droidika another 4 zetas there then there’s Darth revan, 3 zetas then hk 2zetas fallen basti 1 more zeta Malak 2 zetas (plus zetas on toons to get him) then kenobi and Asoka reworks 2 more then Palme event which added zeta to Anakin there’s another 3, now dooku and mace reworks another 2 ..

over 20 zeta requirements in a few months.. I don’t mind this but you start building a team get half way through and there’s a new toon and team you need to gear making the zetas on previous team a waste and never being able to complete a team before it’s obsolete. This takes away the enjoyment from the game.

Something needs to be done half the zeta requirements on toons if they are going to be flooded at this rate or have weaker zetas needing. 10mats instead of 20.. or have the. Farmable with a better drop rate than the farmable omegas (which I farmed a toon to 7* on a node that apparently drops omegas without 1 ever dropping)

Then there’s the cash grab for new gear too and the massive hike in gear reqs also event requirements it’s like there’s the game is being wound up so ppl can move to new projects but let’s get as much cash out the death thowes of the game as possible.

There needs to be more balance
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    I have never had a problem with zetas. Simply because i could never keep up with the omegas. Normaly i am waiting to get the last few omega pieses for day so i can put the zeta skills. But the zeta mats income feels higher than the omegas. And i bough 2x the omega packs with crystals. So i always wonder how anyone can have a zeta mats problems. Maybe people that bought 10x omega packs 🤔

Never bought an omega pack and I'm one of the "zeta crunch" people sitting at 4.25m GP while having enough omegas, currently sitting at 7 zeta and 42 omega mats.
    Saving unneccessary omegas is a thing. I usually hold off on those "+15% damage" omegas on basics unless that is a meta relevant char. Up to this day I also didn't give BB-8 the omega on his "Covert Data" special (which makes him gain taunt when all allies are droids) simply because it's a useless omega to me.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    I have never had a problem with zetas. Simply because i could never keep up with the omegas. Normaly i am waiting to get the last few omega pieses for day so i can put the zeta skills. But the zeta mats income feels higher than the omegas. And i bough 2x the omega packs with crystals. So i always wonder how anyone can have a zeta mats problems. Maybe people that bought 10x omega packs 🤔

Never bought an omega pack and I'm one of the "zeta crunch" people sitting at 4.25m GP while having enough omegas, currently sitting at 7 zeta and 42 omega mats.
    Saving unneccessary omegas is a thing. I usually hold off on those "+15% damage" omegas on basics unless that is a meta relevant char. Up to this day I also didn't give BB-8 the omega on his "Covert Data" special (which makes him gain taunt when all allies are droids) simply because it's a useless omega to me.

Same, but zetas too.

I have no use for C3's second zeta.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nomadic1 wrote: »
    There is a massive zeta and omega bottleneck in the game now,to the point it’s taking away the enjoyment. Let’s start with grievous rework 2zetas, b1 b2 magma droidika another 4 zetas there then there’s Darth revan, 3 zetas then hk 2zetas fallen basti 1 more zeta Malak 2 zetas (plus zetas on toons to get him) then kenobi and Asoka reworks 2 more then Palme event which added zeta to Anakin there’s another 3, now dooku and mace reworks another 2 ..

over 20 zeta requirements in a few months..

[...]

Something needs to be done ....

I believe the first step would be to re-think which zetas you view as required.
    Separatist droids? Required? Really? Yes, Grievous' unique may be helpfull in the Padme event, and B2's may have its uses as well, but which ones are really required?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    There is a massive zeta and omega bottleneck in the game now,to the point it’s taking away the enjoyment. Let’s start with grievous rework 2zetas, b1 b2 magma droidika another 4 zetas there then there’s Darth revan, 3 zetas then hk 2zetas fallen basti 1 more zeta Malak 2 zetas (plus zetas on toons to get him) then kenobi and Asoka reworks 2 more then Palme event which added zeta to Anakin there’s another 3, now dooku and mace reworks another 2 ..

[...]

Separatist droids? Required? Really? Yes, Grievous' unique may be helpfull in the Padme event, and B2's may have its uses as well, but which ones are really required?

His unique required and leader if u dont want to g12+ irrelevant characters for a non meta character.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

[...]

His unique required and leader if u dont want to g12+ irrelevant characters for a non meta character.

So, you agree with me that not all the zetas, which @Nomadic listed, are required. Cool :-)

(Asajj lead can do the job in Padme's event as well).
  • Which to choose is not the issue I have gg unique and zz assaj for droids I’m done my dr team needs 1 on Malak and one on hk Malak will get his eventually but I get no 1 in arena every day. For tw I want to zeta nest give bossk his 2 zetas, zeta kru, give CLs his 3rd zeta give chewy his second 2 on 3po. That’s 8 would likes.. 2 dr/ Malak arena team. Now have padme, Anakin,snips, kenobi another 5. Then we have lots of eworks that may be needed for new tb / raid.

So that’s 15 zetas a lot I will go without likely forever, as the zetas are dropping on new toons faster than they can be farmed.

So yes I can have some toons zetad but new meta level teams every 5 mins. I focus on toons for tb, tw, raids and arena teams that benefit the guild as whole.

More zetas are needed in game. I would hate to be a new player or realtivly ne player right now never getting to play with the old metas or synergies no real opportunity to gear or level or getting chance to play with toons and build good ga teams
  • imagine you starting the game now and thinking of setting up teams with this huge bottleneck. I've been in the game from the beginning and honestly I would not go in now as it is. I may consider myself a whale but it would not animate me in the way the Zetas are today.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    The typical JKR squad has 6 zetas.

3 for JKR, 1 for Jolee and one for GMY makes 5. You don't need zetas on Bastilla's and GMY's leads

Some of us have played the game during the time those zetas have been relevant.

I guess it’s called bad resource management having zetas on e.g. Darth Maul, GMY’s lead etc.

And as has been pointed out it would be nice to get some use out of B teams. Having challenges give one player 5-6 zetas a week and another 0 doesn’t make it equal, luck is something that cannot be managed by a player. I am in the category who Very Rarely get a zeta from the challenges.

I won’t stop zetaing odd characters, after a few Old Rep zetas I plan to complete my BH zetas, then move to smugglers. By the time I’ve done that Malak/Drevan have made a re-appearance forcing me to take a detour.

With the new TB look forward having to throw some zetas towards bugs and clowns.

There are just too many characters needing zetas to make them actually usable and not just doormats.
  • SithlordGamble
    121 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Rockstar wrote: »
    Those if you stating that the zeta rate is fine and it is really a resource management issue need to get your head out of the sand. Once upon a time, a single zeta was enough for a whole team. Then you got characters like Thrawn and R2 that made 2 Zetas functional. They then launched the Phoenix team Zetas and told us to "try" a few - as if you could afford to place a zeta on a whim. Fast forward to Greivous' team last month (6 Zetas) and Darth Revan's this month (8 Zetas!) and it is obvious there is a supply issue.

I have 70 zeta'd abilities, but still have some that I have passed over and at this rate will probably never get since it looks like having 5 Zetas banked is the new smart normal.

They don't need to go crazy with the zeta flow, but an increase is necessary. If they would simply add one to the daily quest box for level 85, that would probably rectify the issue, although having challenges guarantee 1 zeta or omega (for each respective ability mats challenge) would be warranted as well.

With more and more pvp game modes, this needs to happen. Even more so due to the fact that they refuse to monetize Zetas.

^ This ^

The zeta allocation is not “fine”. I don’t mind them being dripped to us, they just need to increase the flow right a little bit.
    Just bc production has been increased, it doesn’t mean its enough.

Sounds like the usual elitism that goes on in this game/forum.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Why is managing resources in a resource management game elitism?

Managing resources smartly is the biggest advantage smart players have. And since you can't buy them, managing zetas is the biggest advantage smart f2p players have.

Get smart.
  • SithlordGamble
    121 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Managing resources smartly is the biggest advantage smart players have. And since you can't buy them, managing zetas is the biggest advantage smart f2p players have.

Get smart.

[Removed Don't bypass the profanity filter ~Rtas ]
    That’s the elitism I’m talking about ... just bc you don’t agree with others sentiments, it doesn’t make you right.

So bc I say it needs to be increased, I don’t manage my resources?
    You’re an [Removed] 😂

I have 4M GP ... My resources are just fine thanks, but nice try.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Get smart.

That’s the elitism I’m talking about ... just bc you don’t agree with others sentiments, it doesn’t make you right.

So bc I say it needs to be increased, I don’t manage my resources?
    You’re an 😂

I have 4M GP ... My resources are just fine thanks, but nice try.

GP is not a measure of how well you manage your resources. See: every GA thread complaining about matching on GP.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Omega crunch is far worse. 1 omega as a reward in an "omega event" is a joke. Just make it to 2-4 (which also wouldn't help much).
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    They're too busy nerfing stuff to improve anything. Is anyone really surprised? What have they improved lately? That's a real question, not sarcasm. I've seen nothing but bad changes lately, and I really don't anticipate any improvements in the near future. Not a complaint really, just an observation.

I'm just going to keep my head down, grind, and hope that at some point they decide to help the player base instead of wasting so much effort trying to defend their multiple failures. Let's face it, they fail at that too lol (ok, THAT was a complaint).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    They really need to fix some of the horrible zetas.... Lando Zeta should be 100% prepared. bodhi should be deleted from game.

JKR's 3 zetas are horrible and need to be buffed big time... I mean he can't beat anyone anymore.

)but seriously....some zetas......rose needs moar TM Gain, lando 100 prepared (still cooldown on his pass fer cryinout loud)

who writes the zadas... 2 yr olds ?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    The great thing about bad zetas is you can just ignore them.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    The great thing about bad zetas is you can just ignore them.

Kinda makes one wonder why were they given zeta abilities in the first place if they aren’t expected to be zetaed.

Hey, here’s an idea. Have the person inventing all these useless zeta abilities to work on new content instead.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Omega crunch is far worse. 1 omega as a reward in an "omega event" is a joke. Just make it to 2-4 (which also wouldn't help much).

I agree with you on the Omega crunch. Zetas are easy enough to come by. Add in the fact that omegas are only slightly cheaper than zetas in the shop and you still only get one. It's incredibly frustrating (for me at least) and I have no idea why they won't address this situation as it seems like a fairly easy one to fix.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    They have to think it's broken before they fix it. They do this on purpose. It's a gate.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    The gate is broken. Zetas are the top end and should be rarer. Omegas are needed for almost every toon. Rarity for zetas I'll never argue against. But for omegas to be as rare as they are is inexcusable. I'm not talking about making it rain omegas.
  • Indigø
    85 posts Member
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    The gate is broken. Zetas are the top end and should be rarer. Omegas are needed for almost every toon. Rarity for zetas I'll never argue against. But for omegas to be as rare as they are is inexcusable. I'm not talking about making it rain omegas.

Zetas are needed for every new character and every old reworked character. We gain new abilities to zeta far, far faster than we can ever accumulate them. You could eventually Omega everything if you took advantage of the Omega mat packs that come in the store. Not even an option for zetas.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    No one can agree on which is worse, which means we're right where CG wants us lol.
  • It is a problem, the game should be about diversity. Being able to play with all toons .. things and drop rates matched the game a year ago. A new toon comes out you have a couple of months to farm a few zetas then another. Now just last 2 meta teams.. Darth revan team 8 new zetas then within a couple of months padme 5 more zetas and more reworks coming. 13 zeta requirements across two teams.. more reworks coming. Maybe a new meta again next month.

Ultimately 13 zetas is 3-4 months with lots of luck and at this rate by then these will be another 20 zetas to farm. Agree omega drops need upping too to keep up with rate of new toons..

Or just stop rolling out new zetas let the meta stay as is for for 6 months like they did with revan...

Then with new super difficulties of events you need a few zetas stockpile just to gear toons you will never use again after you complete event. Maybe a mechanic where you can remove zetas but only get half mats back or on average zetas only require half the mats.

To be honest it’s counter productive for the game new toons need th zetas as do team you can’t farm them before event is up second time so what incentive do the whales have to spend first time round, they may as well free to play till second time hording the mats..
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    I think the zeta situation is just fine the way it is. Yeah theres some days you'll get good drops and then times where you'll go days without but if they improve the situation then you still wont catch up cause itll improve for everyone including who your trying to catch
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    A team needs geared and starred chars
    1. Zetad (some of, like KRU leader)
    2. Modded
    To be effective.

I get that some of you guys needs more zeta to make a team effective but....how about mods? You guys have soooo many sets of mods with speed secondary sitting around, just for new chars/teams coming out?

I dont really care about how many zetas seps and/or GR toons required because even I have them all geared, I still need sets of mods to make them effective.