New Players Starter Guide

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited April 2019
General run through of all of the characters you should farm.

Phoenix, amazing starting team for everything. Unlocks Thrawn, Palp and gives 2/5 for GMY. (Sabine isn't worth farming | only used for ship)
GMY, best jedi attacker.

Useful jedi to farm = (Bastila, Jolee, Old Ben, Mace (Ahoka & Anakin may be useful in the future.
Nightsisters, the most useful team ever. (Beat DR teams pre malak) P3, P4 HSTR
(Talzin, Daka, Asajj, Zombie)
Talia - P4 HSTR
Spirit - PVP
Initiate - P3 HSTR
JTR, CLS, decent arena and useful in P1, P3 of HSTR

Best JTR (Raid) - JTR, RS, BB8, R2, Finn

Best CLS (PVP) - CLS, Raid Han, Chewie, R2, CP3O

Best CLS (Raid) - CLS, Han, Chewie, Pao, Death Trooper

These will also give you a decent FO & Empire team.

Empire - Palp, Vader, Thrawn, TFP, Tarkin (all useful empire) *Ships*

First Order - KRU, Phasma, Officer, Kylo, Executioner (Great FO team)
(Sub in FO Stormtrooper for Phasma for an ideal team) (Phasma is 100x easier to farm however)
Ewoks, for CP3O (Wicket, Elder, Logray, Paploo, Chirpa) (Ideal team)
JKR, DR, Current meta, JKR is amazing for P2 HSTR, used to unlock Malak.
BH, used for credit heist, training droids, Chewie, ****, P3 HSTR team, galactic bounties for rare shards. EX, Raid han? ROLO, IPD, Nest, ect. (Newest BH = Best BH) (Dengar useful too) (CAD, IG-88 useful for ships)

BH (Raid) (Need Aurra)

BH (PVP) Bossk or Jango lead (Defense / Offense)
Each take 6 to 18 months to farm.

- Phoenix is the best team to start with
- Revans are essential for end game
- All heroes journey character's are useful
- Nightsisters are amazing all around
- Get Tarkin and dark side ships (Preferably BH) to start zeta farming from ability materials challenges

Use crystals for energy and hard node refreshes mainly. (Shard packs are scams) Only gear worth spending $ on is stun gun prototypes.

Don't waste Omegas and Zetas on bad characters as they are very rare and essential for PVP / PVE. (Double check before using a Zeta!) (I accidentally Zeta'd GMYs irrelevant leader ability instead of special)

Don't waste stun guns (ones that require 50 salvage and 50 carbantis) Only use on useful characters. They are hard to come by.

Join a guild that can run at least Heroic Rancor and hopefully HAAT. (Don't think you should stay in a guild you dislike. You most likely wont see any of them again if you leave)

*Comment anything I've missed and I'll add it*
Post edited by SemiGod on

Replies

• Nice, this is probably the most helpful post on the entire forum haha.

One thing, you should have Kylo Ren in the FO squad. Not optional.

And Finns new kit makes him deal soooo much damage in the STR, so I suggest him instead of RP. That’s my opinion though take or leave it.

Well done!!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nice, this is probably the most helpful post on the entire forum haha.

Agreed. The "ideal" FO squad for 99% of scenarios is both Kylos, Officer, Executioner, and Stormtrooper. The other characters aren't bad by any means, but this is definitely the best setup.

Since it's a beginner guide you could sub Phasma in until you have time to get the Stormtrooper, since he's a longer farm than the others - she doesn't bring the taunt, but her TM special can replace FOST's turn meter boost when he taunts, and her AOE applying speed down isn't too shabby either.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Nice, this is probably the most helpful post on the entire forum haha.

Agreed. The "ideal" FO squad for 99% of scenarios is both Kylos, Officer, Executioner, and Stormtrooper. The other characters aren't bad by any means, but this is definitely the best setup.

Since it's a beginner guide you could sub Phasma in until you have time to get the Stormtrooper, since he's a longer farm than the others - she doesn't bring the taunt, but her TM special can replace FOST's turn meter boost when he taunts, and her AOE applying speed down isn't too shabby either.

That's why I added phasma and it's an incredibly easy farm. As well as officer.