Ahsoka Tano

I have a fairly weak but growing Jedi team of your typical variety:
Bastila, GMY, Obi-Wan (don't have GK yet), Ahsoka Tano and Luminara.

Ahsoka and GMY were my damage dealers, but now after this recent rework, Ahsoka's damage has dropped off considerably. Even when fully Bastila and GMY buffed (Offense Up, Armor Ignore, etc.) her numbers are abysmally low; about 1/3rd of what I remember her hitting for.

After testing for about 30 minutes on the same boss (no debuffs or buffs on the enemy or my characters) and retreating over and over for data, her basic attack hits, non-critically for about 1,500 damage on average (1,200 - 1,900 range). Yes, one-thousand five-hundred. Her basic crits are about 3,500 (3,000 to 4,000 range).

If your team has Jedi Knight Anakin and General Kenobi with a Galactic Republic leader, she will be close to around the same numbers prior to the "rework" (she attacks 3 times if her team has JKA and GK), but now you have to rely on that specific team to be back to what she was prior. The benefits of her basic dispelling and her special Protective Maneuver healing 20% hp (and 20% protection for Galactic Republic members) is nice, but doesn't make up for what was lost.

While I appreciate the attempt to add some more flavor to the game, this was a big miss. For people like myself who don't have either Jedi Knight Anakin or General Kenobi, we now have a worthless character, and everyone else has an extremely limited character!

Is anyone else experiencing this too?

Replies

• Options
    Her unique allows her to do more damage IF General Kenobi AND Anakin are allies. That’s why.
  • Options
    Her unique allows her to do more damage IF General Kenobi AND Anakin are allies. That’s why.

I think yu're missing his point. You now need to have GK and JKA for her to deal the damage she used to.
  • Options
    DarthKoon wrote: »

I think yu're missing his point. You now need to have GK and JKA for her to deal the damage she used to.

I think you're missing the point. You don't need then for that damage. The problem he encounters is that he is using her in the wrong team. Most importantly is that he has a bastilla lead. Her special does 50% more damage if her leader is galactic republic. Which, surprise, bastilla is not. If you then have JKA and GK in her team as well. She will damage the target 3 times. Combine that with the previous point and her total damage from her special is 3 to 4 times as much as it used to do. But it can still hit just as hard as before without them.
    As for @RescueToaster: The game runs on synergy's and currently Ahsoka has Galactic Republic synergy. Just because you are not using that doesn't mean she is suddenly really bad. You are just using her wrong.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2323 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The game designers clearly want Ahsoka to be run a certain way in order for her to be the most effective.

And yeah General Kenobi is a long farm but that’s also kind of the point :/ but he’s really worth it! :)
  • Options
    If you want a viable GR republic team then you need zYoda lead because Ahsoka gets priceless synergy with both GR lead and the GK/Ani uniques, so playing into that is really imporant as she's really quite powerful when she's near her family (yay cliche gringe) so basically focus all your work on those four gear, stars, zetas and all where possible, and hopefully await legendary/journey Anakin later... Oh and if you really want to build a strong GR team built around the trio and yoda, then there are plenty of casual guilds with HAAT(G Kenobi shards) that will take in lower powered characters, just need to look around a little.

Oh and whether or not we get a legendary Anakin later this year, it's pretty much confirmed that there will be lots of clone wars content. Andt would also be downright shameless of them to not give Mace Windu a rework deserving
    of his badassery.
  • Options

If I made it sound like I didn't understand that, apologies, but I knew that already.
    My main point is a character that I've relied on for many events in the game has how been made worthless until I farm specific characters, one of which isn't easy to get (even harder for myself regarding my guild situation).

I'm also still not even convinced that she's all that better than before, even when you have Kenobi and Anakin as allies; I'd need to see data on how much her 2nd and 3rd attacks hit (does it multiple the same attack 3 times, or just simple "Assist" damage two more times over the initial hit?). She might be back to her previous damage (or slightly more than) with just her special attack, but her basic hits significantly less now as well.. and while her Zeta has her assist when a GR ally uses a special ability, I simply don't know if she's worth that sort of commitment to get her to that point..

Do Kenobi or Anakin have the same strict synergy requirements to be any good?
    Ichiraikou wrote: »

I think you're missing the point. You don't need then for that damage. The problem he encounters is that he is using her in the wrong team. Most importantly is that he has a bastilla lead. Her special does 50% more damage if her leader is galactic republic. Which, surprise, bastilla is not. If you then have JKA and GK in her team as well. She will damage the target 3 times. Combine that with the previous point and her total damage from her special is 3 to 4 times as much as it used to do. But it can still hit just as hard as before without them.
    As for @RescueToaster: The game runs on synergy's and currently Ahsoka has Galactic Republic synergy. Just because you are not using that doesn't mean she is suddenly really bad. You are just using her wrong.

You seem to have missed my point. I understand she benefits from a GR lead, and while I appreciate the advice about synergies (if you weren't being facetious), I know about utilizing them. Requiring synergies is quite a different thing than benefiting from them, though. This just emphasizes my point. Not only do you need GK and JKA, you also need a GR leader. They made her extremely limited in use, and for a small gain (and at a huge loss without that specific setup). If you have numbers to prove me otherwise, I'd love to see it; I really want to enjoy and use her as much as I did before the rework.

After some testing:

(Post-rework):
    Protective Maneuver, Ahsoka Tano at G9 -
    Crits for ~6500 with no buffs / no GR lead
    Crits for ~8500 with no buffs with GR lead (Windu with +20% offense leader bonus)
    Crits for ~12-14k with buffs (Offense Up, Defense Penetration) with GR lead (Windu)

Assumption (Ahsoka with General Kenobi and Jedi Knigth Anakin with Windu lead (+20% offense):
    Crits for ~6500x3 with no buffs / no GR lead: ~19,500
    Crits for ~8500x3 with no buffs with GR lead: ~25,500
    Crits for ~9k with with buffs with GR lead: ~27,000
    Crits for ~12-14k with buffs with GR lead: ~36,000 - ~42,000

Pre-rework:
    Protective Maneuver (whatever it was named before) was hitting for mid/high 30k and sometimes dipping into the 40k's, depending on buffs / circumstances, using the team I listed before. I wish I had the ability to go back and test her pre-rework version, so I have to go off my memory for this (which is pretty good, thankfully).

If her Protective Maneuver now applies the same damage 3x, like I assume above, instead of an initially high hit with +2 generic attacks, it can potentially have higher damage output, but, again, at the cost of requiring that team. Let's also not forget that 2 out of 3 turns you'll have to use your basic attack which now has extremely low damage (with, admittedly, an awesome dispel effect and the potential to remove debuffs on Ahsoka and a random ally on a crit).

TL;DR: Ahsoka is now an extremely limited character that demands very special circumstances to be about as good as (and yes, potentially a little bit better) than she was pre-rework.

To me, and I assume most people who haven't played this game for a really long time (IE: people who don't have most characters already), this is TOO much to ask for just to get a character to an okay standard of effectiveness. Or is Ahsoka now part of the new meta and needed this change?
  • Options
    General Kenobi is pretty plug and play with many many teams (obviously performs better with other Jedi)

Anakin hasn’t been all that much useful until recently, he kind of needs to be with Kenobi as well like Ahsoka. His rework has made him better though, the whole self-expose was really crap for him