Is it the intention that only mods matter and everyone needs to run DR, DB, Malak, HK, SiT?

RAYRAY
2761 posts Member
Is that REALLY the intention after a 6 month meta of largely everyone running the same team. Back then mods didn't matter as much, and I am ok with them having an impact but CG has now created a meta where all other things being equal, the ONLY thing that matters is 1 speed difference on Dark Bastila. Is that REALLY intended? After all of this time complaining about the stale meta that we had with JKR, THIS is the best your team could come up with @CG_Carrie ? Any interesting interactions/counters (Palp, Sith Assassin, JKA) that the players come up with are being quickly shut down. I am someone who has DR and Malak. I am the customer that you should be wanting to placate, not the babies that feel their money should give them unbeatable status. Stop pandering to the small subset of your "whales" that don't want competition, and start pandering to us spenders that want a healthy game. Please.
☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

Replies

• JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Now this is what I’m talkin about. 100% agree with this post
  • Great summary of how I feel and what I've been saying as well. The game is becoming boring.
  • The one whose StHan is quicker will win... Whose Poe... Whose SAss... WhoseThrawn... Nothing is new in this game. Someone is always complaning about speed...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Ratinira wrote: »
    The one whose StHan is quicker will win... Whose Poe... Whose SAss... WhoseThrawn... Nothing is new in this game. Someone is always complaning about speed...

Right, and by this time you'd think the devs would have found a way around it. And this time it is worse because they are actively changing counters that are working as they were previously intended.
  • Agreed. At least with JKR you could beat faster teams in mirror matches with some play skill or mixing up your squad. The current Sith Empire meta is truly only about whose BSF is faster, it’s really boring. Adding the EP nerf to Malak’s kit was the worst possible thing CG could have done for the game. I also have DRevan & Malak, but I want diversity in arena, not everyone running the same squad and competing on +1 more speed on BSF. The current meta is just awful, it’s no fun at all. It was wide open when DRevan came out, such a shame they shut it down to placate a few whiny whales. I’m sure this isn’t what the vast majority of the community wants. Certainly not where I hoped to see the game go.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Start farming mods then and stop complaining
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    Ratinira wrote: »
    The one whose StHan is quicker will win... Whose Poe... Whose SAss... WhoseThrawn... Nothing is new in this game. Someone is always complaning about speed...

Right, and by this time you'd think the devs would have found a way around it. And this time it is worse because they are actively changing counters that are working as they were previously intended.

I dont think devs would change something about mods and speed. That is why I am not disappointed by them not changing anything)
    For all time I play arena top has usually been occupied by identical teams where the difference is in characters placement. Or two: meta and contrmeta. The same for ships. Why should I expect something to change?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    Start farming mods then and stop complaining

Are you really ok that the only thing that matters in high end arena are speed mods ON ONE CHARACTER?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    It's not the only thing that matters at I can still beat DR and DB teams faster than me but it should give you a decided advantage. Better than 200 people running around with crap mods with JKR and still able to make top 20. You should have to earn what you get
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    It's not the only thing that matters at I can still beat DR and DB teams faster than me but it should give you a decided advantage. Better than 200 people running around with crap mods with JKR and still able to make top 20. You should have to earn what you get

I agree with that. "earn" however in this instance has nothing to do with what we are talking about. I could have farmed thousands of mods and you may have farmed much less. There is a chance that you will have better mods that I have. Mods are 100% chance. Nothing but dumb luck. Winning the lottery doesn't "earn" you anything.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Also to add, I have good mods, 151 and 144 on DB and DR. it's not like I have crappy mods. The way DB works has very little to do with strategy.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I agree with that. "earn" however in this instance has nothing to do with what we are talking about. I could have farmed thousands of mods and you may have farmed much less. There is a chance that you will have better mods that I have. Mods are 100% chance. Nothing but dumb luck. Winning the lottery doesn't "earn" you anything.

You are right to an extent....but dedicated and smart mod farming will eventually net you awesome mods....I pry go through 200-300 mods before hitting a plus 20 mod but it can and does happen. And I'm not saying you, but many people simply dont invest the time and resources into mod farming that is needed.