What bounty hunters to start farming (early game)

Hey,
Im a beginning player (although I have had a lv85 acc before 2 and a half years ago).
I am now focussing on my phoenix team and about to complete some of them. My next faction will probably be bounty hunters (maybe empire, anybody advice??).
So I was wondering what bounty hunters would be the best for me, a player lv 50ish. Anybody advice?
Preferred to be usable in GW and Arena

Replies

• The ones with ships and Aura and Embo
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Early: Cad Ig88 Boba Greedo Dengar (for Chewie)

Add Jango Bossk Embo and Aurra when you can farm them.

Zam is technically not needed for anything but she is really good.
  • Boba Fett and IG 88
    They are, personally, one of the best
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • I mean personally
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Boba, Cad and Dengar for sure and even Greedo's squishy little backside but IG-88? He's squishier than Greedo, only required for the Falcon (which wont happen until after Bossk/HT unlock and doesn't require a powerful IG anyways), has better synergy with droids and I can think of plenty of better uses for arena currency in early game. I'd farm a plug'n'play tank like KRU to sub for Bossk and run Boba as lead.
  • Don't need zam at all, but she is really cool.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I would say only go for one set of them until you’re well into 3M GP and done with all legendaries and what not. So to start make the most out of the squad. Bossk, ig88, and cad because you will need their ships later for Hans falcon. Dengar makes the chewy event much easier and is relatively easy to farm (just a bit time consuming at a lower lvl) but if you want only 1 squad I would say boba to stick with the plan of getting 2 legendaries out of this farm. After that probably jango for the fact his node also gives HT which is for another legendary
    Post edited by Bouu on
  • To be honest all the bounty hunters are strong, despite what a lot of people seem to think. You just have to understand their kits and how their often wacky stats play, and then get creative with mods. So really I'd start with Cad from GW store and either Greedo or IG-88 from arena store, they're all great as well as easy to get, and IG can do wonders in a droid squad later on.

BH characters that otherwise stand out would be Jango and Bossk, and bring tons to BH squads... Then Aurra is also the basis for a very strong and flexible BH raid team.

But really all the BH toons are strong and fun characters with incredibly diverse kits and abilities. So if you like BHs I say go all in and grind all the ones you want to 7* once they become available. Sure you'll have a couple of second tier characters cluttering your roster in GA, but that's really no biggie and you'll be able to field at least one very strong team for either offense or defense, sometimes both depending on the situation. I always grind toons that I like and it works great, and more importantly it gives me a sense of satisfaction I wouldn't otherwise get. A word of advice however is to still prioritize certain legendary and journey required characters. See you can still do both if you keep track of timeframes and plan accordingly.

So yeah basically farm every single BH if you feel like it, it's the most

versatile faction by far and super fun.
    Don't listen to the naysayers :sunglasses:
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Boba, Cad and Dengar for sure and even Greedo's squishy little backside but IG-88? He's squishier than Greedo, only required for the Falcon (which wont happen until after Bossk/HT unlock and doesn't require a powerful IG anyways), has better synergy with droids and I can think of plenty of better uses for arena currency in early game. I'd farm a plug'n'play tank like KRU to sub for Bossk and run Boba as lead.

Need 88s ship for Falcon and he is an easy farm.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • camper288
    211 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Bounty hunters should be your focus.

Phoenix will bring 2 of the Imperial 5 to the R2D2 event, Darth Vader is quite easy to complete by roasting a bit of Ship materials. (Tarkin and Magma trooper can easily complete the team.

Of the bounty hunters, the most accessible are:
    Boba, Cad, IG-88 And Greedo. Leave the Greedo for later and focus on the 3, since they are also necessary for the Falcon event.

Dengar is easy to cook at the Coin Store of the guild and super needed for the Chewi event. This makes the parallel farm easy.

Bossk and Your Ship are needed for the Falcon event and the bossk boss is extremely useful with Zeta. Together with Bossk's ship comes the Jango (not to mention the excellent equipment provided by the point) which is an excellent substitute for the IG-88.

It's the most synergistic plan I can think of.
  • Oh and by the way if you're leaning towards arena then zzJango lead is undoubtedly the best with zzBossk lead not far behind. Both zJango and zBossk should be a staple in any arena setup in any case along with Boba Fett of course but he goes without saying because he's Boba Fett.

Generally zBossk lead is more forgiving in terms of strategy and mods, while zJango will deliver quite impressive results but only with meticilous modding and tactics. The drawback to BH in squad arena as with Nightsisters, is that to be competetive at 200-30 rank in arena you need a higher powered squad than many of the others around.

However if your main goal is to be competetive in arena, and you also like sith, then I say COME TO THE DARKSIDE! Sith are the **** right now, several VERY strong squad setups, with zPalp still being perfect for anything else than Malak, and zMaul lead is still an incredibly strong defense team with the right setup. Literally no one in GA has gotten through my my zMaul squad, with zBadstila, zSavage, Nihilus and Sion or Assassin depending on opposing roster. While you will have trouble competing at top tier in arena with with palp, the deal is that siths are a very strong faction to invest while you make your way to Darth Revan, and Badstila, which should be your absolute first priority in this scenario by the way, is a serious game-changer, it really cannot be overstated how much she brings to literally any sith team. She is a plug and play characterbas is, but unlike thrawn, her additional sith synergy just makes her invaluable, she really is stronger than many legendary characters even.

Anyway if you go for siths then you're in for a lot of delicious evil murder and soul eater. Every character barring Sidious is top tier in the right composition(though his lead ability does shine from time to time in raids), and the current meta is sith, with Malak designed/intended to be viable for a very long time.

I've also had alot of success with an underpowered sith fleet in the fleet arena, I consistently stay at rnk15-5, although the Falcons popping up lately have me on edge, but then there are the almost certain sith fleet additions looming in the horizon...

Best of luck no matter what road you go dow ;)
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited April 2019

IG is an awesome character, he might be a **** addition to the chewie event but he shines with droids as well as BH and can be very strong in certain compositions. The key to IG however is that even though he brings a lot to a team at MAX, he also has some glaring weaknesses, which must be adressed by modding. Really many bounty hunters have weird and complicated kits, which takes a lot of effort to properly augment, but is very rewarding once you start seeing you're onto something. And IG-88 just serve to prove this in a nutshell really.

I'm grinding DR religiously right now and as soon as I've bagged the requirements I'll head on to Aurra and Embo and continue improving my other BH and Nightsisters mainly for raid viable teams and JKR Bossk farm on the side :)
  • VonZant wrote: »

IG is an awesome character, he might be a **** addition to the chewie event but he shines with droids as well as BH and can be very strong in certain compositions. The key to IG however is that even though he brings a lot to a team at MAX, he also has some glaring weaknesses, which must be adressed by modding. Really many bounty hunters have weird and complicated kits, which takes a lot of effort to properly augment, but is very rewarding once you start seeing you're onto something. And IG-88 just serve to prove this in a nutshell really.

I'm grinding DR religiously right now and as soon as I've bagged the requirements I'll head on to Aurra and Embo and continue improving my other BH and Nightsisters mainly for raid viable teams and JKR Bossk farm on the side :)

I have my 88 modded for speed defense and health and protection.

He doesn't die easily, and does more damage than Greedo