Falcon Home One Nerf

Prev1
It’s so lame that my fleet arena has been taken over with Home One, hound, Biggs fleets. The multi attack and falcon debuff is too powerful. None of us with empire fleets can compete.

Replies

• You mean any fleet, right? Except mirror.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Regent wrote: »
    None of us with empire fleets can compete.
    If you were able to compete, you would've seen a nerf on the opposite direction than you were hoping for
  • True. Basically the rule of this game is : only the latest character/ship should we win. The old characters can’t have a chance
  • True. Basically the rule of this game is : only the latest character/ship should we win. The old characters can’t have a chance

You mean the ship that you knew was coming back for months and is effective at 5* and anyone could have gotten fairly easily?

Just checking.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Regent wrote: »
    None of us with empire fleets can compete.
    If you were able to compete, you would've seen a nerf on the opposite direction than you were hoping for

Lol. That’s called karma.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    True. Basically the rule of this game is : only the latest character/ship should we win. The old characters can’t have a chance

You mean the ship that you knew was coming back for months and is effective at 5* and anyone could have gotten fairly easily?

Just checking.

Dosen’t change the annoying RNG attacks..

And I got Hand Falcon from the beginning in top fleet arena.... Its the worst. Ever.
  • I do agree it's very boring. All the assists are fun at first, but now it just more opportunities for the AI to dodge. :D
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    You know if “nerfs” in general just didn’t need to exist, so many people would be happier.
  • I don’t mind. Falcon needed to be here for a long time my issue is that Biggs is part of every meta lol

Bring me my tie defender that ignores taunts!

But also it’s time for 2 new cap ships
    Ls and ds

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I don’t mind. Falcon needed to be here for a long time my issue is that Biggs is part of every meta lol

Bring me my tie defender that ignores taunts!

But also it’s time for 2 new cap ships
    Ls and ds

I agree
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    We're alrdy past the 2nd iteration of HMF. You had plenty of time to farm the BH ships to 5* (hilariously easy) but made the choice to not do so despite knowing how powerful and meta dominating it is.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    Metas change. Fleet meta has been notoriously stagnant.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I'll be honest, I enjoy stagnant fleet. It takes me a couple of weeks to gear up my pilots so its nice to know that I can comfortably win for a couple of months without rushing to 6 dot newer toons. It lets me focus on squad arena toons.

Plus, newer ships require at least 5 stars for the second reinforcement ability which isn't readily accessible without shelling cash

Can you imagine newer powerful ships requiring new pilots with the new purple gear?
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    I would like to see some more diversity. I'll take Vinni up on the Tie Defender piloted by Mareek Steele (See Star Wars: Tie Fighter) with a simple ignore taunt ability.

With all the Clone Wars stuff, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Republic Legendary Venator (Kenobi or Yularen) plus several Separatist ships.
  • come on..
    I'm not much experienced player, but i know at least 3 set ups capable to take out ot falcon easily. they are all based on empire ships, and permanently takes top5 in my fleet shard (after the 2nd ot falcon release there are 14 of 20 7*ed falcons)
  • I take top 20 in fleet arena pretty much every day using all the Sith ships, Slave 1, and the Ebon Hawk. With Tarkin who isn’t even g12. And I have fun doing it. If/when they drop a Sith capital ship I may even have all the parts for a new fleet meta. I feel like it’s more important to have fun and get the stuff you want.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    I would like to see some more diversity. I'll take Vinni up on the Tie Defender piloted by Mareek Steele (See Star Wars: Tie Fighter) with a simple ignore taunt ability.

With all the Clone Wars stuff, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Republic Legendary Venator (Kenobi or Yularen) plus several Separatist ships.

I would like a The Defender!

I would guess if we get new caps they will be different factions. Seps or Sith or FO for DS and Resistance or ?? for LS.

I personally would like a Sith cap. The Sith Fleet seems so close...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Nerf? Oh you mean the terrible fleet arena we've had since Falcon first came out and how it used to be really good before CG was like "we ruined Squad arena, how can we also ruin ship arena fun"?

I mean I've joined in the falcon now, and finally taking first since before the Falcon was released.

Falcon is such a bad design.

I liked using strategy to win my matches before Falcon came out.
    I liked using brains to win, skills to win.

I dislike relying on Falcon rng as to whether it decides to one ability my opponent fleet, or for theirs to one ability mine.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Nerf? Oh you mean the terrible fleet arena we've had since Falcon first came out and how it used to be really good before CG was like "we ruined Squad arena, how can we also ruin ship arena fun"?

I mean I've joined in the falcon now, and finally taking first since before the Falcon was released.

Falcon is such a bad design.

I liked using strategy to win my matches before Falcon came out.
    I liked using brains to win, skills to win.

I dislike relying on Falcon rng as to whether it decides to one ability my opponent fleet, or for theirs to one ability mine.

True that! HT meta was more diverse, balanced and had more counters.

Yes HT was the least diverse meta until they made a more least diverse meta...

Nothing was more fun when we actually had a rock paper scissor spock meta.... Genos, Timeout, Overwhelming force...then HT came and you used thrawn Genos or prayed with wedge, vader ITF.....

It all went downhill with HT

EDIT worst part of this is now maxxing Bistan due to the cold war weapons race going on in fleet arena... I'm gonna max him and then he will be worthless against the kraken whale sith
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Speak for yourself!
    At least he speaks for himself and me. And I think some more. I think at least it is save to say, that HT was a big blow to diversity (witch was already scarce in Fleet Arena). Even now, during the new meta, you find fleets without HT only very, very seldom.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Speak for yourself!
    At least he speaks for himself and me. And I think some more. I think at least it is save to say, that HT was a big blow to diversity (witch was already scarce in Fleet Arena). Even now, during the new meta, you find fleets without HT only very, very seldom.

Well when HT hit ships, top of my fleet shard had Tarkin, Thrawn and even Mace fleets with geos, Vader, ITF, FOTF and etc. And after HMF was released top 30 it's all H1 with HMF!

Yup, when HT hit my ship arena I still didn't use it, I still don't use it now and still come in first since you can use Pheonix rebel ships to great effect. And both times? I come first in my shard.

I saw diversity with HT, I saw diversity before HT, I saw no diversity the moment Falcon came out, and then the 2nd time around, everything is the same.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Speak for yourself!

Well when HT hit ships, top of my fleet shard had Tarkin, Thrawn and even Mace fleets with geos, Vader, ITF, FOTF and etc. And after HMF was released top 30 it's all H1 with HMF!

Yup, when HT hit my ship arena I still didn't use it, I still don't use it now and still come in first since you can use Pheonix rebel ships to great effect. And both times? I come first in my shard.

I saw diversity with HT, I saw diversity before HT, I saw no diversity the moment Falcon came out, and then the 2nd time around, everything is the same.

Majority of game non whales were not using it for a reason.

HT will be still running over 90% when falcon meta long dead. You cant make a better tank ship than HT right now.... would break game thats already broke

Game will be long dead before we get playable ship
    Ontent
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    While Houndstooth is an excellent tank, it's hardly impervious. The Mace meta after Anakin's ship dropped shut down Houndstooth hard, with the combination of healing immunity, buff block, and just hitting like a truck.
    Still not a he.
  • Nerf Hans Falcon the most famous ship in star wars ?
    I for one dont want to see some kotor ship no one has heard of to become meta just like how toon arena has turned to rubbish.
    Hans falcon isnt unbeatable and its home one that holds it up .
    Ships are due for new content so have a little foresight and please stop thinking of hans falcon as a xwing or tie fighter .