Arena is back to mirror matches...BORING

Before all the recent changes, the nerfs, buffs etc the arena was pretty fun to play. Now its all mirror matches all the time.

I have both Revans and it has become more like work to climb everyday instead of a fun game. These mirror matches are never ending.

I long for the rock paper scissors meta at least I actually prefer more like 5-6 so you have to actually think of ways to beat your opponents like in grand arena. I feel it takes far more skill for Grand arena than in Squad Arena yet the payout is hugely different...smh.

I guess Squad arena is simply there to remind everyone of the pay gap that keeps increasing in this game. If you have other thoughts or explanations I am curious to hear. I don't think squad arena shows who is in fact the best more like who whales the hardest at any given time.

Replies

• Are you actually suggesting something that would clearly make the game way more fun?!?!?! How dare you!? I mean this is despicable! 5-6 teams? What do you think this is? How are the whales going to secure their free 500 crystals a day?

You're clearly out if your mind to suggest that a game should be about FUN or that a PvP mode should be competitive! Shame, shame, mods delete this post and ban this guy for life OMG how dare he.

Well I thought a bit of sarcasm was needed.
  • Are you actually suggesting something that would clearly make the game way more fun?!?!?! How dare you!? I mean this is despicable! 5-6 teams? What do you think this is? How are the whales going to secure their free 500 crystals a day?

You're clearly out if your mind to suggest that a game should be about FUN or that a PvP mode should be competitive! Shame, shame, mods delete this post and ban this guy for life OMG how dare he.

Thank you for your sarcasm its always welcome in my posts.

but TBH

I don't understand the point in spending money anymore to win squad arena since now it becomes so repetitive even if you win its pretty meaningless.

I wish EA didn't have its hand on Star Wars games given its past and present obvious pay to win scandals hopefully Disney will make their own gaming company like they are with this streaming service and they can improve the future ha.
  • Rkenshin06 wrote: »
    ...hopefully Disney will make their own gaming company like they are with this streaming service and they can improve the future ha.
    You really think Disney would be any better? They are a corporation and will milk you just as much as EA ever will.

Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
    ...hopefully Disney will make their own gaming company like they are with this streaming service and they can improve the future ha.
    You really think Disney would be any better? They are a corporation and will milk you just as much as EA ever will.

At this point I'll take just about anything other than the devil I know.
    Are you actually suggesting something that would clearly make the game way more fun?!?!?! How dare you!? I mean this is despicable! 5-6 teams? What do you think this is? How are the whales going to secure their free 500 crystals a day?

Thank you for your sarcasm its always welcome in my posts.

but TBH

I don't understand the point in spending money anymore to win squad arena since now it becomes so repetitive even if you win its pretty meaningless.

I wish EA didn't have its hand on Star Wars games given its past and present obvious pay to win scandals hopefully Disney will make their own gaming company like they are with this streaming service and they can improve the future ha.

Here is the thing, first of all it becomes addictive. Getting 400-500 crystals from arena alone is a ridiculous amount and those who have rested on that for so long are scared to death to compromise it. This is why they support crazy ideas like nerfing everyone to the ground to make sure that the only viable squad in arena is the one that's the absolutely hardest to get. I've seen people say things like "nerfs are bad for the game", "nerfs are not the answer", ect, that's when people were asking for Jedi Revan and Jolee to be nerfed. The same people now are literally begging to nerf Anakin because he beats their prized squad.

Also this makes their overall purchase seem cheaper and justifies it in their eyes. When they have 500 crystals for free daily, it's like getting everything on a discount. Spending money feels like they're receiving twice as much.

Addiction is a dangerous thing, you lose your ability to distinguish fun from boring, good from bad because the only thing in your mind is the outcome and those juicy 500 crystals from rank 1.
  • RevanRevanMalak
    41 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    pay2win into mirror matches. great :D
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    still better than the JKR mirror meta for two reasons; 1) there aren't nearly as many DR/malak teams as there were JKR teams 2) Matches are faster.
    Personally i also like it alot more because i drop way less on defense, but i get that that doesn't apply to everyone.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    still better than the JKR mirror meta for two reasons; 1) there aren't nearly as many DR/malak teams as there were JKR teams 2) Matches are faster.
    Personally i also like it alot more because i drop way less on defense, but i get that that doesn't apply to everyone.

Lol - the "have"s approve of an exclusive meta that nerfs anything that threatens them. Shocking. :D;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Lol - the "have"s approve of an exclusive meta that nerfs anything that threatens them. Shocking. :D;)

Obviously, i'm not going to pretent i don't like winning. I'm fully aware of my own bias, that's why that last point got a seperate paragraph.
    What's shocking to me is that you're part of the have nots ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Anything is better than having to judge when the time is right to put the battle on auto so I don't time out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kj9973
    68 posts Member
    Yea you suck money hungry Devs!! Ruin everything!
  • It's been mirror matches from the beginning actually. Every time the meta changes so does the image in the mirror, but mirrors always been there
  • My idea for arena is make it like galactic war, after a toon is defeated u can't use them(unless reviveable). So it will force ppl to use other teams, if everyone gangs up on the 1st place dr team then eventually he can be taken out. Every day at reset u get your toons back. It would shake arena up big time.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    No thanks. We already have that in TW and GA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Speed meta is the worst meta
    Maybe End Game isn't for you