Are shard shipments worth the crystals?

Achilles
1380 posts Member
edited March 2016
In shipments, we find 2 shards for 100 crystals or 3 shards for 150, means 50 crystal per shard. What do you think, is it worth to buy these shards?

150 Energy = 1 energy-refill + 2 hard-nodes-reopen vs. 3 secure shards
Left by design.
The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.

Are shard shipments worth the crystals? 37 votes

No.
40% 15 votes
Yes, if its a character not being available in cantina missions, cantina shipments, arena shipments nor gw shipments (=hard nodes only)
45% 17 votes
Yes, as long, as it is no Arena-/GW-shipment character.
8% 3 votes
Yes in every case.
5% 2 votes

Replies

• only if its an extremely hard character to farm, like hard node farming only. Only time I buy the shards with crystals is if I see anakin or ima gun di in shipments
  • I buy these every time I see them in shipments or shard shop.

Anakin, Ima, RG, fotp, Rey (if I ever saw her) Foo.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    In general the answer is no. Even on hard nodes, it's wash as the "50 crystals per shard" is basically the same return you'd expect if you refreshed the node.

The only exception I have used is if I am within just a few shards (i.e. get him/her starred up today instead of waiting until tomorrow) - especially if it's an arena hero that will help me break into the next tier, as the cost in crystals is recovered in arena advancement (and possibly a stronger holding position)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • If you refresh hard nodes then it's 100% worth it. You get the same average return on shards per crystals spent, but you don't use the energy to do it. For somebody like Anakin on his tier 5 farms that's the equivalent of 144 energy.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Interesting, how everyone refers to Anakin :) It were 3 Anakin-Shards, i've found in my shipments (bought it btw, because it were the last 3 missing to unlock him - now 80/80).

Math:
    1x energy-refill = 50 crystals + 2x hard-node-refill = 100 crystals, in sum 150 crystals ... i get 120 energy and 6 tries ... i should end up with 2 Shards + 24, 36 or 48 left energy, depending on what hard node it was 12 or 16 energy).
    1x Cantina-refill = 100 crystals (no need to refill nodes) so ill do the math with 3x cantina-refill = 300 crystals = 360 energy: 8-energy-nodes should give 13-15 shards, 10-energy-nodes should give 10-12 shards, 12-energy-nodes should give around 9-10 shards ... vs 6 shards in shipments, so NEVER buy shipments of cantina-chars! :smile:

However, in case of Anakin (16-energy hard nodes), i tend to say, i'd rather go for the shipments as to buy extra refills ... its more secure, not based on luck.

Thanks to you all ^^
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I rather take my chances and rehresh hard nodes. You can buy 2 shards for 100 crystals in shipments or 3 for 150. I rather reshresh hard nodes for same amount. You can get purple gear pieces in the process which you can greatly benefit from + plus training droids , ability mats and credits.

CG should offer more shards in the shipment store otherwise personally i see no intensive to buy them.