Zeta regrets

Prev1
As an almost 3(?) year veteran of this game I've fallen victim to one of 2 possible zeta filling worst case scenarios in which I either filled a toon's zeta in frustration in hopes of clearing an event only to be disappointed when it fell through horribly or simply filling a zeta thinking that it would be beneficial later only to find out it didn't work as I originally intended. What are some of your zeta regrets? Some of mine include k2s0 as he is undergeared, maybe princess leia but I think she works better with it just to name a few.

Replies

• I thought long about this, as this post comes up often... The only one(s) I can think of are June Erso's but more so because I haven't found a good use for them...
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I got three
    Thrawn Lead- Way back I got real excited about the prospects of Thrawn lead w/ Shore, DT, and like Krennic and TFP or something. Went ahead and zetead the lead. Never used the team, Krennic isn't geared, TFP is barely geared. Don't think the zeta makes any difference on the rare occasion I use the lead.

Hoda - Do or Do Not - As soon as I saw this zeta I was like "This will be great for escaping". Put plainly, it is not. Should of done some research or something. Hoda barely escapes, and while this zeta does mean I put out a little more damage when enrage hits, I wish I had put it on the heal or saved it.

T3-M4 - the def pen one - Stopped gearing this dude earlier than expected, but the only reason I regret it is because I wasn't paying enough attention and thought I grabbed the other zeta.
  • The only zeta I regret is GMY leader right after the rework because days later there was Bastila. I didn't zeta her though because I was once bitten twice shy. Now I have JKR as my Jedi leader.
  • I Zeta'd my bastila and use her from time to time as my jedi revan isn't gear 12 yet and I find she works well when comboed with general kenobi and hermit Yoda.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Bastila lead....did that a week before jkr was announced
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Phasma Lead: I thought her zeta would really help... then I met KRU, and haven’t used Phasmas lead since.
  • I was going to say Cody, but I think it'll work out in the end. So maybe zeb. Definitely zeb.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Phasma Lead: I thought her zeta would really help... then I met KRU, and haven’t used Phasmas lead since.

She's good in Grand Arena, especially 3v3.

Pair her with First Order TIE Pilot and First Order Stormtrooper and you're set.

Yeah, but still...
  • I’m typically very careful and strategic with zetas. So, currently my only ‘regret’ is for Bastila. However, I can’t feel that bad about it because I was one of the first on my shard that was prepared for that zeta to reap its benefits. The only reason I would consider it a regret at all is because it’s beginning to lose its appeal even as a secondary squad leadership. With the new implementation of Force Bond, and now a faction specific leadership directional emphasis (Galactic Republic); it is becoming more and more a truly regretful zeta.

I’d hate for a zeta to be reduced in usefulness to merely GA 3 v 3. That would never be a determining factor to zeta anything for me.

Unfortunately, CG is going to continue to overly specify toons, abilities, and even factions. Limiting their use as a consequence. I’ll be even more careful moving forward.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Its tempting to say Bastilla lead, but she won me plenty of crystals and TW victories before Revan came out. I still split them sometimes in GA depending on what my enemy has.

Savage would be the next closest, but again back in the day he did lots of work in P1 of Tank and caused great TW havoc.

And I don't regret that I did it but I regret it is now useless. Finn. So disappointing.

Back before I read the forums, I almost zetaed Clone Chewie because it sounded cool. Now Bossk has both of Clone Chewies specials in his taunt.
  • Stormtrooper
  • Gar but all my empire is zetad
  • @NinjaChronicles there's a guy in my guild that has double zeta jyn. It gets brought up almost every day, he will never live it down 😂
  • My biggest zeta regret was Maul tho, threw the zeta on him to beat Jedi revan at the time then bout 2 weeks later they nerfed nest. I don't use Maul lead anywhere else in the game :/
  • DarthJelly
    66 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I have two regrets. Chirpa - I just hate Ewoks and hated needing to Zeta him for Threepio useful or not.
    The second is Nest. Possibly controversial but, whilst I know the Zeta is good, I have her at 5* and have lost all interest in farming her now from a single fleet node so it's been a bit of a waste for me personally.

Although it could be worse, I could have a double Zeta Jyn eh @Brobeans?
  • Brobeans wrote: »
    My biggest zeta regret was Maul tho, threw the zeta on him to beat Jedi revan at the time then bout 2 weeks later they nerfed nest. I don't use Maul lead anywhere else in the game :/

It's pretty solid for a second 5v5 Sith team in GA...
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    I'd say Krennic cause i almost have never used him as I have him at g10. Although in my guild they laugh about my zeta on Cassian although it has served me well on TBs
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • GMY lead, for obvious reasons..
  • I stuck a zeta on Mission which I probably should regret but its pretty fun to use sometimes with loads of toons that can call Zalbaar to assist under a Qira lead.

If I took this game super seriously id regret it but from recent events I know ill never be able to really compete so I just try fun stupid stuff now which is way better than playing the game to be number 1 in my opinion
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I think you guys should not regret zeta on GMY or Thrawn lead. They are legendary toons. They are worth being maxed out with full zetas, even if the zetas are not « so useful »

Also a zeta on Thrawn adds + 1 speed on his ship
  • The only zeta I regret from time to time is Maul's zeta. I zetad him back when his meta was dying, or maybe even just after it was over. Other than that, I have no regrets about any zetas I've invested in, from Phasma lead to Mission and Zaalbar and even Tarkin's unique.
  • hehe. bossk L, as now i use only jango as L. his use was minimal and temporary, and i blame all the guys senselessly saying "zeta bossk L".
    even in the chewy event i did with Boba L, before Bossk was 7*, so this zeta had really no uses for me at all.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • I guess if there’s one character I regret putting a zeta on it’d be Zaalbar, only because Carth’s does basically the same thing, just a bit better. I don’t regret it all that much though.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Savage + Sidious
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    hehe. bossk L, as now i use only jango as L. his use was minimal and temporary, and i blame all the guys senselessly saying "zeta bossk L".
    even in the chewy event i did with Boba L, before Bossk was 7*, so this zeta had really no uses for me at all.

I know its personal preference but bossk lead is far from useless.....many teams he works much better than jango. I have both leads zetad and use them both about equally
  • Kokie wrote: »
    hehe. bossk L, as now i use only jango as L. his use was minimal and temporary, and i blame all the guys senselessly saying "zeta bossk L".

I know its personal preference but bossk lead is far from useless.....many teams he works much better than jango. I have both leads zetad and use them both about equally

well, as a regret - i cant be wrong. i dont use Bossk L, so the zeta is useless. because i dont use it, its 100% useless for me and im 100% regret it. so for ME, its absolutely useless.
    if you mean that it doesnt have to be that way, and i can use Bossk L, and its actually a better L than jango.. well. its a different argument.
    and i will never change my mind about that so no point trying.
    i played with bossk L, i played with Jango L. i put bossk L on def, and i put jango L. many people tried to convince be Bossk L is the better L and all.. but after all- nope, Jango L imo is much better.
    and it dont even feel like personal preference. for me its more like a fact that jango L is the better L.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Maul was a bad one for me on my alt. I zeta'd him long after I already had a full Nightmare team and was trying to build a second sith squad for TW. I put zetas on both he and Savage (don't regret that one at all though) but my 2nd sith team really hasn't done anything for me. I don't think they have a single defense in TW, and they barely even complete the combat missions in TB.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Maul + a properly modded Sith assassin can win a lot of matches. I use Trooper, Sid, Fallen Basty, Nest or Savage depending. But they can hit way above their weight class on O. I regularly take out G11- g12 teams and my team is mostly g9.
  • The only one I really regret is visas. I've never been able to find a good home for her. I have no issues with gmy, bastilla, even cassian. I did and still get quite a bit of use out of them. But visa usually ends up only being used in a low level b or c rank team even though shes g11