Bugs, Lack of Testing and Screw-Ups......

Dear EA/CG,

You guys are better than this. I know you are and as a player base we deserve better. Man you guys goof on this A LOT. Unintentionally working characters (JKA, Finn and so many before), nerfs (Finn and so many before), unforeseen interactions (HSTR P3 and so many before), and some little things (Hoth Bros in TB Platoons P2 AND SO MANY BEFORE) that really demoralize a player base.

Do you even bother to test any of this stuff before you pump it out? After 3+ years of playing with you, don't answer that. I know you don't. You can write a functioning game (mostly) and you haven't bothered to test any of it. There are little glitches in the system and yet that's good enough for you? Yet you dare call yourselves a gaming company. I, for one, am embarrassed for you and if I was working for you, would find it completely abhorrent to work on something that went out to the player-base in a raw form without any thorough testing. No matter how much money you make, quality should be your focus. Instead, it's clear to this long time fan of yours, that all you care about is the dollar sign and, frankly, it's pathetic.

Have you ever considered writing a sim program? It would utilize the game engine (which you already have) without using the graphical interface and when you create something new, you can TEST IT. Run that new factor in with known ones, known factions that it would be interacting with, known crews it would be going against, and what you are planning to have down the pipe. Then, the beauty of it, is you can test it with other random characters against other random characters. Since it's not using the graphical interface, it can skip over all the bull and just pump out a bunch of sims. You could even make it so it never attempts the same crew twice. If you do it right, by the end of, oh I don't know, a week of testing you'd have a huge data sheet telling you what came of it and you could make changes accordingly before release.

Please take this both as a criticism and a constructive one. Never have I worked in programming, gaming, animation (and I have) where we never ever thoroughly tested something before release and you guys (and gals) do this ALL THE TIME. It's unprofessional and embarrassing. It's caused me to consider quitting more than once and, frankly, I may be completely over it. What I DO know, is that you are not getting any money from me and haven't in a long time because, at this point I imagine there are more Ferrari's in your parking lot than you deserve.

Put the player money to something useful. Make a testing sim program that thoroughly goes over any new additions before you release it. Let us know you care about our money and maybe you'll get another dime from me sometime in the future. Though, I doubt you'll care about this feedback and, in turn, I doubt I'll care enough to ever let you see another one of my pennies.

A long time and heartily disappointed fan