GK: Tenacity, Protection, Armor?

I guess either he was changed to need tenacity in his rework, or I never noticed it before. Either way he was getting stun locked etc a lot. And I was losing him way more than before. I used to run 102k of protection, now 79k. With 37% Armor, 112% Tenacity.

Thoughts?
Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/

Replies

  • Rath_Tarr
    1758 posts Member
    Had a similar problem with Bossk. Ended up trading a health cross for a tenacity one and was much happier. He still gets stunned sometimes but nowhere near as much.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Had a similar problem with Bossk. Ended up trading a health cross for a tenacity one and was much happier. He still gets stunned sometimes but nowhere near as much.

    hmmmm
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Rath_Tarr
    1758 posts Member
    Thinking about this a bit more, they are more different than I previously recognized.

    I need Bossk un-stunned to be able to re-taunt because his taunt can drop and because his taunt ability also confers offense up. And he is constantly being healed which allows me to take the health hit.

    Kenobi by contrast auto-taunts whenever an ally is critically hit and requires manual healing. I would be tempted to just let him get stunned and focus on maximizing survivability.
  • TVF
    10558 posts Member
    I guess either he was changed to need tenacity in his rework, or I never noticed it before.

    Probably the latter, when I ran GK in arena a long while back (under CLS or JTR I think) he would always get stunned and never got to use his mass attack.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I guess either he was changed to need tenacity in his rework, or I never noticed it before.

    Probably the latter, when I ran GK in arena a long while back (under CLS or JTR I think) he would always get stunned and never got to use his mass attack.
    This is why I thought GK was getting overrated before JKR came out. All he did for me was get stunned, ability blocked , fractured etc. He was good at taunting when one of my main toons took a crit hit and that ended up being all he was good for. I tried him with high tenacity to poor results. I couldn’t get his tenacity high enough.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Thinking about this a bit more, they are more different than I previously recognized.

    I need Bossk un-stunned to be able to re-taunt because his taunt can drop and because his taunt ability also confers offense up. And he is constantly being healed which allows me to take the health hit.

    Kenobi by contrast auto-taunts whenever an ally is critically hit and requires manual healing. I would be tempted to just let him get stunned and focus on maximizing survivability.

    This. When I am attacking a defense with GK in it nothing annoys me more than getting taunted by an already stunned toon
  • I know some will argue this, but GK seems squishier since his rework. And please, stats being the same means nothing. They can tweak the AI and you'd never know it.
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Tbirds01
    1066 posts Member
    I know some will argue this, but GK seems squishier since his rework. And please, stats being the same means nothing. They can tweak the AI and you'd never know it.

    Argue argue argue
  • TVF
    10558 posts Member
    edited April 29
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    I know some will argue this, but GK seems squishier since his rework. And please, stats being the same means nothing. They can tweak the AI and you'd never know it.

    Argue argue argue

    This.

    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    2850 posts Member
    edited April 29
    Client side, Server Side, A.I. = Playground for Devs. Hot fixes that do NOT require download/updates, don't get me started lol As a programmer I know I can make the stats say whatever and have no bearing on the actual results.
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • TVF
    10558 posts Member
    Tweak the AI? So the stats are the same but they tell the AI to ignore the stats?

    Conspiracy theories are fun I guess.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    2850 posts Member
    edited April 29
    TVF wrote: »
    Tweak the AI? So the stats are the same but they tell the AI to ignore the stats?

    Conspiracy theories are fun I guess.

    CG admitted it way back when they admitted the GW AI was tweaked, their reasoning "Hey guys, it's supposed to be hard!!!"
    Hi all –

    I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.

    Before I get into it, I want to reiterate that the goals of this feature continue to be:
    • Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!
    • Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.
    • Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles.
    • Provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective. (As more characters are released, and as more types of builds are discovered and developed by the players, this will become increasingly true.)

    As you may know, we made a tuning change to Galactic War on June 15th. There were several goals of that change, and we have been monitoring in-game data and player feedback on the change. While we view that tuning update as generally successful, we were finding that it wasn’t providing enough challenge.

    On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging. (Note that this was a tweak of the June 15th tuning, and not a roll-back to the prior tuning as some players have been suggesting.)

    As always, we will continue to monitor the data and player feedback and determine if further tweaks to the tuning are needed.

    Thanks!

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50943/recent-tweak-to-galactic-war-tuning#latest

    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • TVF
    10558 posts Member
    Citation needed.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    10558 posts Member
    K, you edited in the citation, which says nothing of what you claimed.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EA_Rtas
    553 posts EA Moderator
    edited April 29
    Let's try not to go antagonistic or baity here, if you disagree with something that's fine but leave out the "conspiracy theory" jibes. They're not going to lead to anything but arguments which doesn't exactly lead in to good discussion.
  • TVF
    10558 posts Member
    My apologies, I should have said that I disagree with the premise, and I don't see evidence to back it up.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • "Tweaking" the AI is how they can make changes without nerfing the hero. STR is a prime example. They made changes that only effect use of certain heroes in that raid, not globally. This way, the hero you wanted and obtained and built remains the same. "Gameplay experience in game may change" is pretty much claimed by all online games now. Online games are fluid and ever evolving. It's just the nature of the beast. I am trained, conditioned, doomed to seeing patterns in games etc. Honestly, I wish I could turn that feature in my brain off sometimes. Such is life. Fun fact, debugging a program? Read the code from end to beginning. You'll probably find it. Sound silly, actually works. Not fool proof but lol
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Mods, we can close this.
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Kyno
    20140 posts Moderator
    Mods, we can close this.

This discussion has been closed.