Pet Projects

Prev134
Ultra
11502 posts Moderator
What are your current pet projects? What pet projects you want to get started on after you are done with your required farms?

By pet projects, I mean things you want to work on if you weren't directed to do something, such as, gearing up Old Republic faction to 17.5k for Malak, or farming OR toons to unlock JKR, Darth Revan, Malak to stay up to date with the meta / your guild requires you to.

If you are doing something because you are told to do so or reluctantly to stay competitive its not a pet project.

For example, my pet project is to field a g12 team for TW / Grand Arena defense, so I have 3 g12 Bounty Hunters (Bossk, Boba Fett, Dengar) so my pet project is to have two more. I'm working on farming Jango and Embo to seven stars and g12. Been working on them since they were farmable but its been on and off again project because other toons of higher priority kept showing up (BSF, Juhani) so it keeps getting delayed

Another pet project I started up is gearing Ahsoka and GG to g12, I might eventually go for a Sep g12 team. GG seems super fun to run, even outside a sep team especially with videos of him destroying Darth Revan via bonus turns. I tried my g8 GG with a few droids and enjoyed every second of it. I plan on keeping this team strictly for offense, because the fun is in the bonus turn followed by AOE

Another pet project is to equip GG with 6 dot health primary mods after pushing him to g12 which is a very tough ask. Maybe when 6 dots are more easy to do and in plenty of abundance

I'm interested in hearing what teams / stuff others are more interested in working on if they weren't forced to farm / gear CG dictated toons

Replies

• G12 the entire Jedi faction. Don’t know if that’ll ever happen.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I would like to work on Range Trooper but who knows if I will ever get around to it. I would also like an excuse to g12 Dooku, but that would require him to actually be useful for something.
  • Empire all zetas, G12+5 with 6 dot mods.
    Zetas check , all are g12 except Range.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Empire all zetas, G12+5 with 6 dot mods.
    Ouch. That g12+5 is a hard ask.

My first pet project in the game was to max out First Order, and I didn't chase the meta until I completed that bit
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    G12 Clone Chewie and both Vets for uber TW defense.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Empire all zetas, G12+5 with 6 dot mods.
    Ouch. That g12+5 is a hard ask.

My first pet project in the game was to max out First Order, and I didn't chase the meta until I completed that bit

It’s a big faction so it’s slow going but one day it will be mine!
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Working on the Jedi Knight quest - taking a while because while Anakin needs cuffs, so does everyone else and I want to get my OR guys over 17.5k.

Other than that, just straight up farming. Would love to get every farmable character at 7* (meaning farmable on a node; not Traya, Malak, IPD, the new droids until about 30 minutes ago, etc.). As it stands, I’ve got 13 to go total, of which 6 didn’t count (now 4)
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    I also really want a G12 CUP... like, not joking. But that one’s very far down the list right now...
  • I have a couple pet projects first is too finished off my Imperial Trooper team. Then on the back burner is for just straight LULs and laughs i want to fully max out all the Tuskens and see how they perform in TW or GA
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Buddy wrote: »
    Working on the Jedi Knight quest - taking a while because while Anakin needs cuffs, so does everyone else and I want to get my OR guys over 17.5k.
    That was a fun quest. I like doing quests but no way am I going to work on the bounty hunter quest. Its less of a quest and more like a boring chore
  • Geonosians. Want them all to g11ish. Then it’s hoarding gear for Galactic Republic toons and wishing for JarJar. I’d like to work on tuskens, but I can’t justify that one to my self. Lol
    Ooba hutar.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    First order is my pet project.....they are bare minimum atm
  • For me it's my clones. Got them all 7* G11 with some slots filled, Cody Zetaed. Always something gets in the way of g12 them and adding 5s zeta. 200 zeta mats and 340 omegas sitting in inventory so 5s getting a zeta in 3 2 1..boom.
  • Troopers. Nightsisters.
  • Maxing all the droids (or at least to G12)
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Between having to tighten up my roster for GA and focusing on legendaries, my pet projects sadly fell by the wayside for a while. But I am finally getting to a point where I can contemplate them again and I feel a scoundrel project may be in my future. :)
  • I’m G12ing all the Sith.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Between having to tighten up my roster for GA and focusing on legendaries, my pet projects sadly fell by the wayside for a while. But I am finally getting to a point where I can contemplate them again and I feel a scoundrel project may be in my future. :)
    Working on scoundrels is definitely worth it. One of my favorite teams. Hopefully you can complete it someday
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Building a DoT old Republic team with zCarth, zMission, zZaalbar, and canderous. Yeah, Malak came along mid-project and made it less "pet" but I'm still wanting it for Tw/GA. My mini project is getting ahsoka geared up with her last two guns to finish g11 (gk and ani were already g12). I'd like to get a third jedi team ready since I've got 4 good leads now (revan, zbast, zqgj, zzgmy, but not enough good Jedi to fill them all.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    After I got Malak I resolved to finally work on all the guys I've been putting off for various legendary nonsense:

2nd bounty hunter team: Aurra, Embo, Jango, Zam, Cad
    Imperial Troopers (F U Nightsister teams)
    The Solo squad (Young Han/Lando, Qira, VanChew & L3)

They're all 7* already except Rangetrooper and Jango who are at 6* with 80ish shards to go each. They mostly just need gear and ability mats.

And once I get those done, if I don't feel compelled to chase some legendary or other, I want to g12 the Tuskens, just to screw with people in 3v3.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• G12 and zeta uniques and specials of every BH. Unfortunately I'm not willing to give Aurra special zeta anymore. And she is the pain that's is not 7* yet.
    Really want to max troopers as side project but that is getting difficult.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    After I got Malak I resolved to finally work on all the guys I've been putting off for various legendary nonsense:

Aurra, Embo & Jango
    Imperial Troopers (F U Nightsister teams)
    The Solo squad (Young Han/Lando, Qira, VanChew & L3)

They're all 7* already except Rangetrooper and Jango who are at 6* with 80ish shards to go each. They mostly just need gear and ability mats.

And once I get those done, if I don't feel compelled to chase some legendary or other, I want to g12 the Tuskens, just to screw with people in 3v3.

Ha if tuskens are touched up and have a zombie like tusken they will be pretty ba
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    I had a pet project of building a spare trooper team led by zeta Gar Saxon. I just never got around to getting them modded and geared up.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I had a pet project of building a spare trooper team led by zeta Gar Saxon. I just never got around to getting them modded and geared up.

Don’t :/ not worth it. Him and isc + their ship haven’t been worth it and I don’t see them being so anytime soon
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Was working geos for fleet backup, troopers finally and vandor chewy.

With padme coming i guess geos isnt really a bad plan... still want troopers and vandor more though
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Oh and first order is the one id like to pick up and add to my projects list
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    separatists droids-err...

range
    jango/embo/theothernewBHlady
    og chars like sth lando leia

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rogenhamen
    160 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    pqz8d4gz5ksn.jpg

My pet project is g12'ing all the Kotor characters cause I love 'em. g8 zCarth, zZalbar, zMission, Canderous, and Juhani is actually decent, but I've still got a long way to go. Excited to finally pick up Revan this time :smile:

Working on the Sith, Jedi, and Fulcrum quests as well. Just need 1 more TW win to complete the Sith. I'll gear General Kenobi and Anakin when they don't conflict with my Kotor toons. Ahsoka (Fulcrum) just needs 4 more shards to 7* and I've got her gear lined up so she's almost done.

Thinking about adding Clones to my list but I'm not *that* attached to the Clones we have now. If they added Delta squad I'd whip them into shape, and maybe when Geonosis TB drops I'll change my mind.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • JKA is my only pet project right now. He was 7* g1 L1 a week ago. Just got him to g10 today.
    I’ve been running GG Droids in arena since rework/release, so Separatists are more than ready for Padme.
    I’m ready for Malak for next time that joke event drops.
    I’ve always wanted to start an Empire Troopers team but...just never got around to it. Maybe one day.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.