Worth going for padme

So I'm in a little of a situation. I'm a little late to getting jedi revan and I'm finally gonna be getting him on Saturday. I've been hoarding the gear for him and I did just use a stun cuff but I'll have the gear to take him to g12+ and I've been building my jedi so I can switch over to them in arena. I already have Yoda and GK max gear and I'm working on the g12 gear for jolee and bastila. I have the zeta on jolee and I've been saving mod materials for 6 dot mods. The only thing stopping me from switching right away will be the Zetas. My revan will be 1 zeta short to run in arena but I've really been back and forth on padme. I do not have the GG droids but I feel confident that what I have will at least unlock padme. Is it worth dipping into my gear stash to try and go for her all the way or should I stick with my revan. I know we haven't seen the kit yet and for all we know these other sepreratist could see a rework before the event and I'm sure gearing these characters will be important for the new TB anyway but what do you guys think. Go for gearing the separatist characters or just stick with my revan team since everything else is done for the team and possibly just get a 5 or 6 star padme?

Replies

• Juzz
    366 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh man! what a pain to read your post.

Between having a 7* that has proven it's worthiness and a possible 5/6* that we dont even know the kit, I'd go for the 7*
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    agreed go for revan, unless you have plenty of high geared GR characters and are absolutely sure you'll get 7* padme. Even then, she might not only be the new GR toon
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    save the gear until you know better. I would assume jkr team would be better than what you are running now in arena even with less zetas now (not knowing what you run). L and direct focus should be enough imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    save the gear until you know better. I would assume jkr team would be better than what you are running now in arena even with less zetas now (not knowing what you run). L and direct focus should be enough imo

I'm still using traya in arena. Probably only 1 or 2 of us left running her in the top 50-100
  • I will be shocked and amazed if padme does anything against Jedi or Darth revan.
  • Honestly thinking about it I think it probably would be smart to stick with revan since it's for arena. I can still build a GR team with a 5 or 6 star padme
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Best thing to do is wait and see. If you can beat it day 1 you will be able to beat it the last day.

And by then you will hear the reviews.
  • On saturday, a new wave of players will get JKR. So it wont be just the top 150 arena full of Revan but the whole top 500
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I will be shocked and amazed if padme does anything against Jedi or Darth revan.

Anakin already wrecks DR most of the time, Padme might be the key to make it really reliable.
  • Realistically Padmé will be a requirement for the new TB so worth going for but without seeing kit who can say?
  • Hopefully I can get B1 and Droideka to 5* before the event ends. If not, I'm sure I can put a good enough team together with my remaining Separatists to at least unlock her. That's all I plan to do. Unlock Padme, gear her along with the rest of a GR team (likely Anakin, Kenobi, Ahsoka +1) and finish the stars the next time her event comes around. This is pretty much how I've done most new legendaries in this game and I haven't had a problem with it. I don't know why people get so upset that they can't get everything at 7* the moment they're released and get offended that if they do, it's likely going to cost them money.

Will she be worth it? We haven't seen the kit, but is there a legendary toon in this game that isn't worth getting?

Will she be arena meta off the bat at 5*? Who knows (doubt it), but I wouldn't abandon your Revan plans to find out. Maybe wait to gear up Revan and see how you do in the Padme event before making any decisions. I mean, it's only a week. You've survived this long without Revan in the arena, what's a few more days? If you can't get Padme, or she isn't good enough to forego Revan for, then slap all that stored up gear on him and enjoy a great toon/team until Padme comes back around.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    We have no idea.

I'm not sure why everyone is insistent on guessing what can be used, what gear level they might have to be, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • First things first. If you are able to get Revan, go for it. I'm 10 shards away on Mission right now so will be unlocking him no problem. As soon as I am done I'm going to try to get B2 up to 5 stars. I feel his TM gain chance when allies get hit will be huge for the opening salvo.

Speaking of which, we know nothing of the Mon Cal Jedi or Padme's kit, but we do know that Anakin will open with his AE(which won't be overpowered because an ally hasn't been hit yet) and Windu will use a single target attack. Not sure about GK, but he will probably dispel if we get any debuffs on him. Again we don't know what Padme can do(or what her leadership does) so we need more info.

Could part of the problem with the difficulty of the previous two events involve the Chewie and Han combo?? Han immediately smacks someone twice with Chewie assisting. Then Chewie does his super smash AE or heavy hitting stun as well. Han gains turn meter off his two specials, leading to more Chewie assists. The chewie event has a ROLO lead causing debuffs to grant the team TM. Without those two, could this event go to a more basic level of difficulty by default??

Early strat seems to me is wait til GK uses his cleanse, then have B2 clear buffs with buff immunity thrown in, keep GK stunned with a Dooku or Sun Fac, wear down Anakin first to prevent him from going HAM, then proceed to wear down the rest of the guys. Geo Spy could be a big nuker also depending on buffs granted by GK or Padme.

TLDR: I don't think the event will be quite as hard as previous because you don't have a combo like Han & Chewie.

And if they create Padme's kit with the event difficulty in mind first, that's just simply wrong.
  • Imo these toons will be needed in GEOTB anyway.

I like the strategy of getting the reqs of the event you missed. So if you’re going for revan get him and then padme.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    I will be shocked and amazed if padme does anything against Jedi or Darth revan.

Anakin already wrecks DR most of the time, Padme might be the key to make it really reliable.

He wrecks DR if you have a situation where one or several team members are more dead than alive (below 50% health, no protection) while Anakin is still standing and able to get a turn before it's too late. None of this can be reliably reproduced.
  • I'd say stick to JKR. There's no way a GR team under Padme will be equally useful in arena, raids, GA and TW. I imagine her lead might elevate the GR faction to the same level as Empire under Palpatine or First Order under KRU lead.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Their reworks already made Kenobi, Anakin and Ashoka quite useful in the grand arena so i don't see reason to believe Padme wont help to with one or more game modes.

But yeah, OP you are better grabing Revan now. Focus is key on this game.
  • Wait a week. Save your gear until her kit is released. Even better, wait til she’s been out a few days. Then make a decision. Always play the long game.
    Ooba hutar.
  • I dont think padma will change up the meta at all cause dr/malak just came out if she was released 1-2 months from now can see ut changing it up but padme does strike me as a legendary in the first place i place jar jar higher then her. Believe she will be a tb pve based toon at best
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I'm guessing a Padme/Republic squad will end up being like the Grievous droid squad - pretty good, but not good enough to unseat Revan.

Of course, there's always the possibility that she'll be a requirement for a Journey character (fallen Anakin?) later on, so there's that to consider as well.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They will find a way to make her arena viable, they know that they're risking a lot after the Darth Revan revenue flop. They know they're now risking that people will just ignore Padme because everyone is farming to get Revan and Malak on the second occasion. You'll see, they'll find a way to make you regret ignoring Padme. Something like a crazy marquee to make her really work. Quarsh Panaka? Maybe?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    We have no idea.

I'm not sure why everyone is insistent on guessing what can be used, what gear level they might have to be, etc.

because i googled "arduous" and i now know exactly what to expect, haha.
    Not a native speaker, first time i've ever seen that word used.
    Save water, drink champagne!