My big complaint.

SCOED
51 posts Member
I love this game. I don't play to many games on my phone and I stick with fewer, the fact I have been playing since October 2017 speaks a lot to how much I enjoy it. I have no plans on quitting any time soon but there is one thing the game could do to make it more enjoyable.

Slow down the number of legendary/Journey releases.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the content but releasing one every other months and starting and gearing need toons doesn't allow me to progress any other teams or toons as a mostly free to play player. It feels like the game designers are telling me that I must farm who they tell me to farm or else. I feel I am further behind now then I was 6 months ago.

Forced farming/gearing of toons I otherwise would not be that interested in sometimes feels like a chore. Games should never feel like a chore.

I love this game, but sometimes it seems out of balance. Last year this time we had too many marquee toons and no legendary ones, now the problem is in reverse and we have too few marquee and way to many event toons.

Sorry about the complaint but I feel some balance in how toon are released needs to happen if you want to really improve the game.

Again thanks for the great game.

Replies

• Agree that it can be frustrating, but that's the model. Their data likely shows too many people were 'catching up' and getting into a position where they could pounce on the next new farmable toons each time (B1 and Droideka for example). That's likely why they dropped hard node farms from 8 to 5 and why they will basically continue this cadence. They have to....
  • SCOED wrote: »
    Forced farming/gearing of toons I otherwise would not be that interested in sometimes feels like a chore. Games should never feel like a chore.

They can all be useful somewhere though. I thought I'd never use ST Han or FB Luke again after the CLS event, but now I use them in almost every Grand Arena event to fill up a 2nd or 3rd rebel team. Same with Mission and Zaalbar for JKR. Even if you don't have Carth, the two are great on a scoundrel team under Jango or Qi'ra lead. Not to mention Phoenix, who are insanely useful in fleet once you have Han's Falcon. Even the Veterans can be of use due to their smuggler faction. Without them, it's a lot harder to get a full team for the highest tier of Smuggler's Run.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    This game can be a chore if that’s what you make of it. But you can choose to have fun too. Me, I don’t need either Revan. I’m not interested in them. But I did put in a lot of work to get Chewie, and he’s fun, so it paid off. Play however you want, but the “chore” aspect is just s mental thing.
  • You can use farm boy Luke as a leader for the extra tenacity if you're trying to give wampa or nest a boost
  • Nihion wrote: »
    This game can be a chore if that’s what you make of it. But you can choose to have fun too. Me, I don’t need either Revan. I’m not interested in them. But I did put in a lot of work to get Chewie, and he’s fun, so it paid off. Play however you want, but the “chore” aspect is just s mental thing.

I would agree but after two tw where our entire guild couldn't break through the walls of jkr it seems like I have to get Raven I was going to skip him and catch him much later which I do with toons I don't care about but they are forcing this on me I feel like. :(0
  • The game is terrible now. Unbalanced is the perfect way to describe it. The devs are chasing dollars by making us pay to chase gamebreaking characters that can't be beaten by the things we've already put in time and effort to get.

Game is really slipping in terms of quality, balance, and enjoyment to be had.
  • Nihion wrote: »

I would agree but after two tw where our entire guild couldn't break through the walls of jkr it seems like I have to get Raven I was going to skip him and catch him much later which I do with toons I don't care about but they are forcing this on me I feel like. :(0

That's exactly what's happening with me. 100% agreed

It's railroading. And it's not right
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Again, you don’t to get Revan to beat Revan. It is very very F2P possible to get JKR by now, and if you think you have to get him, then of course it will feel like a chore.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    XanaduVIII wrote: »
    The game is terrible now. Unbalanced is the perfect way to describe it. The devs are chasing dollars by making us pay to chase gamebreaking characters that can't be beaten by the things we've already put in time and effort to get.

People have been saying that since 2017. And the game is still going. Enjoyment is very possible, but only for the people who seek enjoyment.
  • I like when my posts are being deleted for writing the truth.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    XanaduVIII wrote: »
    The game is terrible now. Unbalanced is the perfect way to describe it. The devs are chasing dollars by making us pay to chase gamebreaking characters that can't be beaten by the things we've already put in time and effort to get.

People have been saying that since 2017. And the game is still going. Enjoyment is very possible, but only for the people who seek enjoyment.

See, i started december '17 and there were next to no new legendaries as I recall until late last summer with the barrage of them. And they've been relentless and seemingly not stopping with Padme coming up. You gotta give people time to rest.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    I also thought it would be frustrating farming anything because it always felt like being too slow or too weak for any event or new content which came up.

But the main reason was my chaotic farming in the beginning.
    Everyone in my guild was way better than me.

BUT during the last year i got a lot more into the game and now i know what to do and what not to do.

In the beginning i wanted to reach #1 soooo much and it always felt like - with every new content - i could never get to it.

I invested a bit in getting Revan and i got myself in top50 ( for about one week 😬) and now i am in top250.

For me its okay because being top3 in arena means a lot of stress, money or Time.

New content or meta related is for arena players. For me, the game is much more than Arena, so i am also very relaxed to new events, chars etc. Because i know i can get it the next or the third Time.

But yeah i understand this frustrating situation but i also understand people who are frustrated with a game that releases new content way too slow.