When should I start using Bistan’s U-Wing?

Got a pretty good Rebel fleet going on with the help of Hound’s Tooth. I know that eventually I want a starting lineup of Falcon, Biggs, and Bistan though. Currently I’ve got Bistan in reserve because that assist comes in handy and my gear on Bistan and Pathfinder were pretty low.

Currently I have a g9 Pathfinder and g10 Bistan, so my U-Wing’s speed is either 159 or 160 depending on rounding (139 base, +15% from Pathfinder’s passive, for 159.85). Meanwhile my Hound’s Tooth is g12, so speed of 140 and hp/protection of 91527/74733, so basically as good as it’ll be until we start beating Traya.

At what point should I make the switch, thanks!
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• It’s always the best questions which have the least responses.

10 shards short of 7* and making the switch when both crew are at g10. It starts stealthed which helps. I usually place #1 on my shard with no more than 1 refill on rough days.
  • G11 scarif. Test it out. Then gear biston from there.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    It’s always the best questions which have the least responses.

10 shards short of 7* and making the switch when both crew are at g10. It starts stealthed which helps. I usually place #1 on my shard with no more than 1 refill on rough days.

@Cold_Blooded

I normally don't refresh although I probably should sometimes. How long before your payout do you start climbing and how close do you need to be to top when you decide to refresh?

I dont have Bistan above g8 so don't use him and hes the toughest team to beat. If I dont kill **** with my first reinforce, I lose.
  • It’s always the best questions which have the least responses.

Bistan's U-wing does not start stealthed, it gains stealth after it uses its special or when it reinforces.
    To the OP, I'd recommend starting Bistan once he's geared up enough to be faster than your opponents' Home 1 at a minimum, and faster than their Falcon before you leave it in on defense. Which will probably mean G12 for both pilots, depending on how far along your opponents are. The problem with Bistan is he's VERY squishy, and he will die in one hit from ackbar's special, so he needs to be stealthed or else your opponent gets a free 2 v 3. If he's not faster than your opponent's falcon, they will 100% of the time use the falcon's super stealth move before bistan, preventing him from nuking the falcon. Most likely you're facing Hound's Tooth and Biggs, since they're the next-best team after Bistan, which means that there's not really anyone for you to pick on once the Falcon gains stealth (and, if you use your falcon first and call an assist against their falcon, it won't kill it but it will fill up your opponent's HT's turn meter, which will then taunt, preventing you from killing the falcon).
  • MaxiPriest
    619 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Beware! SPF is a gear horse, about 900 carbantis worth
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Weirdly I go through the two bistan fleets quicker than the ht/Biggs/falcon teams.
    One of the bistan teams is full g12+..they are starting with ht falcon and bistan.

Subjective to my shard but I don’t rate it as a ship at all..
  • @VonZant rarely drop below 20 and try to be 2 wins from #1 around 2 hours before payout.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Weirdly I go through the two bistan fleets quicker than the ht/Biggs/falcon teams.
    One of the bistan teams is full g12+..they are starting with ht falcon and bistan.

Subjective to my shard but I don’t rate it as a ship at all..

The Biggs/Bistan fleets are squishier but they have a lot of damage and if your opponent is faster than you it can take out your falcon before you’ve even moved. Doesn’t happen all the time but the chance is annoying enough that I prefer to avoid these teams.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Thanks for the replies, looks like I'll have to wait until G12 on account of I'm on a real mature fleet leaderboard.

Man, what a neat little ship. I started Fleet with Rebels when it launched and got the U-Wing to 7* early, but never put into the pilots for some reason. Oh well. Better late than never!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    When it's fast enough to not get torched before it can stealth.

You'll need SRP at least G11 to max out the extra speed ability. He is, as previously mentioned, a massive Carbanti thief. On the plus side, he does make a pretty good damage sponge for the leftover-scraps teams you sometimes end up needing to use in GA to clear your opponent's back row.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png