Anakin research has a big miss!

aperingo
173 posts Member
edited April 2019
You’re basing your analysis from a period of time where people are being very conservative in gear investment due to chars being re-worked when they overpass P2W META and since it was announced Anakins case was going to be reviewed people stopped a possible gearing, moddinng of Anakin...

Now that you have announced it you will see tables turning around..

@CG_Erik please don’t stop the analysis

Replies

• And in that same time Malak will continue to be upgraded.... the real issue with this mess was them releasing a 5* toon to whales and still demanding that 5* toon be competitive in an arena full of G12+ squads
  • (Besides the fact that Ferocity is the “broken” mechanic)
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Another issue is the Malak gear / rarity and Darth Revan team mods

I use a g8 malak because i'm not going to spend on those new gear pieces. Teams beating me, and others like mine, skews the results

I don't have the best mods in the shard either
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    aperingo wrote: »
    You’re basing your analysis from a period of time where people are being very conservative in gear investment due to chars being re-worked when they overpass P2W META and since it was announced Anakins case was going to be reviewed people stopped a possible gearing, moddinng of Anakin...

Give it a rest. ;)
  • Gannon
    1628 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Another issue is the Malak gear / rarity and Darth Revan team mods

I use a g8 malak because i'm not going to spend on those new gear pieces. Teams beating me, and others like mine, skews the results

I don't have the best mods in the shard either

I'm sure accounted for that. And likely also accounted for how many Anakins were maxed out v lower gear. All the data is there, I'm sure.
  • Yeah, the same data that said that less than half of people in this game uses mods or that GA is best balanced based on GP alone. It's all a bunch of crap. Very few people had anakin geared before cg asked them to stop...And even less hda him without having malak.

So yeah, what they said it's just stupid. Not counting the people that aren't really good in arena that don't even use jedi...so why use anakin? We will sure watch that number skyrocket in the close future, even worse after he gets the zeta.

Cg is all over the place. Can't please both whales and f2p with these stupid decisions.
  • Did they actually make a decision based on the good of all the player base?! Why yes they did!

They didn’t make knee **** reaction just because the results against a new toon didn’t make it unbeatable. You forget that DR’s ferocity destroys the teams defense in exchange for offense...so naturally on defense they’re going to get slaughtered when a toon gets a boost in damage against a team that loses defense on...defense.

The data shows that the JKA team won’t hold on defense that well. This is showing a much better track to get true diversity in arena. Mirror matches stink. This is better for the health of the game.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member

Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Did they actually make a decision based on the good of all the player base?! Why yes they did!

They didn’t make knee **** reaction just because the results against a new toon didn’t make it unbeatable. You forget that DR’s ferocity destroys the teams defense in exchange for offense...so naturally on defense they’re going to get slaughtered when a toon gets a boost in damage against a team that loses defense on...defense.

The data shows that the JKA team won’t hold on defense that well. This is showing a much better track to get true diversity in arena. Mirror matches stink. This is better for the health of the game.

i’m just shocked jer k is started out
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Did they actually make a decision based on the good of all the player base?! Why yes they did!

This.

We seriously need to drop it. The more we keep talking about it the more things will change.
  • aperingo wrote: »

Anakin is fine, those teams fall on defense easily.
  • Angelloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, the same data that said that less than half of people in this game uses mods or that GA is best balanced based on GP alone. It's all a bunch of crap. Very few people had anakin geared before cg asked them to stop...And even less hda him without having malak.

So yeah, what they said it's just stupid. Not counting the people that aren't really good in arena that don't even use jedi...so why use anakin? We will sure watch that number skyrocket in the close future, even worse after he gets the zeta.

Cg is all over the place. Can't please both whales and f2p with these stupid decisions.

Anakin is a kitten good pilot with a pretty kitten good starfighter. I had him geared to GS12 the moment they announced the release of his ship. Pretty good investment now that he works so well with JKR.
  • OpticGK_Alex
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, the same data that said that less than half of people in this game uses mods or that GA is best balanced based on GP alone. It's all a bunch of crap. Very few people had anakin geared before cg asked them to stop...And even less hda him without having malak.

I'm pretty pleased with their decision. Idk why u aren't.
  • Translation: CG please please please please please please please please please please please please nerf Anakin so that f2p can't beat my Malak 😭😭😭😭😭
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Translation: CG please please please please please please please please please please please please nerf Anakin so that f2p can't beat my Malak 😭😭😭😭😭

Complete guess but with Padme release its probably intended that they have at least a share of the meta.

Sounds fine to me.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    aperingo wrote: »

Its over man.

Apparently they are good with masters training and 100k hits.

Mod him for crit damage/chance/offense and health/protection.

Let revan and jolee call him to assit.

Have your GMY there to give him some foresight.... and hoda can help there....

Enjoy.
  • RIP Malak
  • I love the Mimimi of the Malak-fanboys, it's so predictable... B)
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    And in that same time Malak will continue to be upgraded.... the real issue with this mess was them releasing a 5* toon to whales and still demanding that 5* toon be competitive in an arena full of G12+ squads

I feel that is not correct. There have been no indications that Malak is getting a buff.
    And in that same time Malak will continue to be upgraded.... the real issue with this mess was them releasing a 5* toon to whales and still demanding that 5* toon be competitive in an arena full of G12+ squads

I feel that is not correct. There have been no indications that Malak is getting a buff.

No need to buff Malak in the moment. It's already the dominating Team. Undergeared JKA teams or teams without excellent mods can't beat this team reliable.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    I love the Mimimi of the Malak-fanboys, it's so predictable... B)

just as predictable as the "please don't nerf ani" threads and the "this game has become pay to win" threads.
    it doesn't really matter what side of the argument you're on, the mimimi game is strong on both.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Zalastro wrote: »
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

No need to buff Malak in the moment. It's already the dominating Team. Undergeared JKA teams or teams without excellent mods can't beat this team reliable.

Plus, if a fully maxed G12+ Jedi team with Anakin can beat a team with a 5* Malak...that seems fair. When Malak gets up to G12+...then see how those numbers work out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Personally i feel like the stats they used to base their decision on is somewhat questionable. I can imagine if the numbers were higher and they chose to nerf ani based on those, the players who didn't want him nerfed would have had something to say about it.
    I don't really care either way, i just take it as it comes and adjust. It's just something to think about even if you're happy they decided not to nerf ani. Next time it may not be in your favour, then what? Then again, no one really cares about bieng a hypocrit online and you're most likely never confronted with it anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    jkray622 wrote: »

Plus, if a fully maxed G12+ Jedi team with Anakin can beat a team with a 5* Malak...that seems fair. When Malak gets up to G12+...then see how those numbers work out.

We have 2 on our shard. I'll just put it this way....it's more than fair that Ani wasn't nerfed, because against a 7* Malak at g12 and a well modded DR team, JKR + Anakin isn't even close to 50% win rate. In fact I haven't won against the 7* g12 version yet.

In fact, I woukd suggest that it's possible that the EP nerf was knee-**** based on 5* Malak. But it is what it is.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

In fact, I woukd suggest that it's possible that the EP nerf was knee-**** based on 5* Malak. But it is what it is.
    It does feel like that

I think EP lead was fine, even if it destroyed Revan teams. You can just run Darth Revan, and Darth Malak under Emperor leadership. EP lead was a counter to Darth Revan lead, but that doesn't mean Revan and Malak were rendered useless or made dead on arrival
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    what about the fact that it's "JKA" by himself who is blast a WHOLE TEAM ! Look at the zombie lead. Who is the superstar ? JKA. It's a single character who is taking out an entire team with 1 shot. IMHO that's unbalanced. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/CG_Erik
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

We have 2 on our shard. I'll just put it this way....it's more than fair that Ani wasn't nerfed, because against a 7* Malak at g12 and a well modded DR team, JKR + Anakin isn't even close to 50% win rate. In fact I haven't won against the 7* g12 version yet.

Then you're not modded good enough. There is a guy in my arena shard who is consistently hitting those top tier G12 Malak teams for 100k ++. If you have DR and Malak invested and you are losing to a single character then I would feel that's pretty pathetic. Now everyone know's JKA is GO GO GO. Everyone is going to find that sweet spot and those 20% 50% ratio is gonna change a lot.

What are you talking about? I never mentioned how Malak was getting buffed.... It still doesn't change the fact that they want a 5* underheated character to be meta, how is that not the issue people are worrying about though