Grand Arena Crystal Rewards

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
I think it would be a nice addition to add an 100-250 crystal prize for the winner of a Grand Arena bracket. Then, halved for #2-4. As, grand arena is meant to be a much more balanced game mode.

Replies

• Grand arena should replace arena as the main sources of free crystals.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Grand arena should replace arena as the main sources of free crystals.

No, just no.
  • Grand arena should replace arena as the main sources of free crystals.

While GA is supposed to measure better one's investment (and hence rewards should be scaled accordingly), the problem is that in arena you can always correct a small mistake of farming/gearing other toons. Even if you miss a meta, you can prepare for the next without a draw back (crystals might be involved, but that's beside the point).

In GA, any misdirected investment is punished in the long run. Rather few toons farmed "just for fun" ever become viable and will more likely play as "fillers" in your roster. While there's the argument that you use your entire roster in GA and so GP-based match-making is fair, as long as a G9 Cup+Ugnauth combo is counted in the same power league as a G12+5 triple zeta JKR, this game mode should not become the main source of crystal income.

Lowering arena crystals and giving more to GA could have potential, but tilting the scales in favor of GA would be excessive for now.
  • It would be better than the arena as it’s supposed to be more balanced matches, but then how would cg sell power?
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • "more balanced" are you joking? If that was true I wouldn't have been matched with an arena #30 player (who then won the whole GA).

On topic: I agree, getting crystals here would be nice, especially since Fleet is brutally unbalanced and top-heavy and they removed the booster pack about two years ago and I still haven't heard about a replacement...