If They Really Care About N00bs, Fix The Hoarding/New Shards Thing

Gifafi
6017 posts Member
edited April 2019
I'm not a new player, but I-errrrrr-my friend started a new game with bluestacks and/or NOX, and there are people who are hoarding all the units aka cantina/energy/ship(?) credits etc. I saw one guy with tens of thousands. LITERALLY*, I mean. In the literal sense of the word literal.

So, the idea is they wait for a new arena shard to open and meanwhile they hoard and then when a new arena shard opens they jump in and dominate. This seems super unfair to real n00bs and is way worse than whales buying stuff/everything.

I hear people all the time on these forums crying about whales bc they think they should be given something for free but if you combine the whales and the whales/people waiting/hoarding it is literally (again, see above re: *) impossible for new players to join and try to compete, at least in arena, which gives them the upper hand ainec. tOP IN ARENA = SOOO MANY CRYSTALS.

edit: had to fix grammar and whatnot in title

Maybe End Game isn't for you
Post edited by Gifafi on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think its kitten to be in a shard where a hoarder dominates but at the same time, I have to give props for the hoarder to remain dedicated and steadfast long enough to pull this off
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Respect the hustle.

If you cant beat em join em.
  • I jus posted this in the new player forum a couple days ago...

I just started an alt on our tablet for my kid to play and unlocked arena after about 12 hours. I looked to see who was at the top and check this out.

y1xfzdube9ne.jpg

So, after 12 hours we're already several months behind. Already has 211 completed raids. How can you explain this?

Another guy has a 7* zombie at level 55ish. What's going on here?
  • Drewbee wrote: »
    I jus posted this in the new player forum a couple days ago...

I just started an alt on our tablet for my kid to play and unlocked arena after about 12 hours. I looked to see who was at the top and check this out.

y1xfzdube9ne.jpg

So, after 12 hours we're already several months behind. Already has 211 completed raids. How can you explain this?

I think the shards fill up. So unfortunately for you , you probably are at the tail end of that shard
  • Doneeta
    157 posts Member
    Wow! How does this work? How do you know when a new shard has opened up?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Drewbee wrote: »

y1xfzdube9ne.jpg

I think the shards fill up. So unfortunately for you , you probably are at the tail end of that shard

Well the shard fills up over about two weeks you arena rank when you join a shard will tell you how full it is.
  • Naraic wrote: »

y1xfzdube9ne.jpg

Well the shard fills up over about two weeks you arena rank when you join a shard will tell you how full it is.

Idk how accurate that is but also too I am super out of touch. It sounds like people have this down to a science.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

y1xfzdube9ne.jpg

Idk how accurate that is but also too I am super out of touch. It sounds like people have this down to a science.

it's close to 20 days iirc
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    I'm playing a little that server of the same guy than the screenshoot, precisely to check the difficulty of new servers, and is easy be in the top, I'm like rank 40 everyday without refreshes with only 3 or 4 battles with a Phoenix team, currently lvl 42, I'm not doing energy refreshes, so playing correctly and doing one arena refresh everyday is easy be top 10.

The hoard activity is legal currently and since the beginning of the game on 2015, there is people that at level 27 simply hoard energy, 180 per day, and play raids thanks to guild shop, if you hoard enough time, between 5 and 8 months, you can get Han Solo, General Kenobi and also Traya if some guild allow you do it, there is guilds dedicated to hoard accounts, with 25 hoard accounts and 25 accounts for tickets, playing low tiers like Tier 3, Tier 4, Tier 5, by this way the member can get guild currency and farm guild shop characters like Old Ben, Aayla, Darth Maul, Barriss, Young Han, Starck, TIE/FE Pilot and others.

In every server maybe appears 3 or 4 hoarders, and maybe only 1 or 2 with raid characters unlocked, so is easy be in the top anyway. In this last server appeared in the top on first days people with phoenix teams at level 40-45, currently the first 5 spots are for Bastila teams plus a guy with nightsisters, the rest of spots are easy to defeat, probably with my current phoenix team I can defeat everyone in top 50 except these first 5 spots, and this is only a initial advantage that soon will be neutralized, when my characters get the same gear level than my enemies, when I have the same team, maybe using a Bastila team from level 49, with Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben, when I can use mods also, then there is not a lot of difference with a hoard account.

So I think is not a bad situation, precisely the hoarders usually are people who buy things in the game, people who help to maintain the servers, they can get between 1 and 2 weeks advantage but the whales paying a lot of money can get much more advantage, so to hoard not grants the top, not grants dominate the arena, simply grants a good beginning, be at same power than whales at the beginning, keep to top easily, but if you are a new player that really like the game you can easily be in the top everyday, in every server there is 5.000 of 20.000 active players, around 1.000 are good players, if you really like the game, if you play daily, if you do the correct farm and the correct actions, you don't need be worried about hoarders or whales, in few weeks you will be at same arena power than them, maybe you have 12k power and these guys have 25k power, but in few weeks they will be 40k and you will be 35k so almost the same, and will come a moment where the hoarders/whales will not be able to gear and mod better their characters until get level 85, around level 75-80 you will have the same gear level than these guys, maybe they are level 80 and you are level 77, but anyway you will be able to defeat them on offense and be rank 1 in your payout.

So I think there is not any problem with it, if the new players like the game and they learn how to improve correctly their roster and the arena teams they will be in the top anyway. I played a new server when was launched Bastila and I got the rank 1 everyday anyway, and also appeared hoarders and whales, but I got defeat all of them.

See you!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm actually amazed that the devs haven't takes steps to prevent this strategy, it's been well known for quite some time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    i'm actually amazed that the devs haven't takes steps to prevent this strategy, it's been well known for quite some time.

yeah I don't get it. @Kyno any idea why? Seems way more unfair/hurtful to CG's bottom line than other things
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No idea.

I have heard of entire guilds trying to set this up and take over a new shard to help them all build, but in the end the advantage wasn't great enough to keep any real momentum going.

Obviously this is a case by case thing and only CG has the full picture of how bad it is.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    wow that was super quick lol. ty sir. To me it seems super -ev for cg to let this happen. Maybe those that are exploiting this pay more? ehh, idk. I mean, it's hard enough for n00bs in this game, I didn't even know about the forums when I started, but I guess/assume cg knows.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It was CG that enabled this bull kaka in the first place. Previously you would enter squad arena at level 8, there was no way to join a guild or raid until 20s. But like others have said, no amount of hoarding will ever match up to whale spending.

Actually now that I think about it further, this may provoke the whales to whale harder = more money for CG.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Doneeta wrote: »
    Wow! How does this work? How do you know when a new shard has opened up?
    A couple of months ago when I first heard about this practice, I heard there is a bot that lets you know if a new shard is created