"Should games feel this way? Boring, Money oriented?"

Tired, working hard, and farming my rear off...
Thats what sums up what im doing right now.

Padme would be great but I really just dont have the time to do her, and seperatists, ugh, those guys.

We kinda played a little dumb and farmed clones to five star instead, because they were easier and readily avalible. But I am continually and painfully farming for darth revan not knowing wether he is going to drop on my head or not.

I love this game. Ive loved it since the first time ive played it but really after endgame I cant keep my attention span on it for more that 5 minutes before I move onto something else. I really need some encouragement or something.

Another thing to get into is the darth revan farm, which I mentioned earlier is just a pain. Im not a quitter but this is getting me close. At least explain why you swapped it to 5 farms please, you couldve just waited till the next time he was released.

My point is, game developers are not supposed to make players feel like theyve been smacked in the face. Their supposed to make it feel like friends, and that they like the players they make the game for, not make them feel down or uptight. Thats what 90% of games are missing these days, when did it become about money?

Anyway, read this or dont, thats how i feel.
Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales

Replies

• My view point has changed a lot in the game since before.

Is it as great as everybody makes it out to be?
  • Maybe im overexagerating, may i just need some time off. The past few months though, you guys really letme down. Im not trying to spread anything around, just it feels dull.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Do you plan on spending on Padme? If not, then your choice is to wait for her event to return in a couple of months. Its always been about money, but this game is very friendly in the sense that it lets you get the characters eventually (its up to your dedication).

CG's money making antics are ramping up to a whole new level. They have a new Territory Battle coming out and like everything CG has launched, it will be very controversial, and not F2P friendly.

If you are feeling dissatisfied with the game, take a break, then try coming back to it or quit
  • Def what Ultra said. I took a step back, stopped going hard in arena laughed at JKR reqs the first time.

Put a lot of gear and zetas in my fav faction. And made sure I was in a guild with people I really enjoyed and feel amazing about the game.

The feelings you feel of missing out or falling behind is by design. Beat it. Don’t fall for it. That’s how you win.

If you don’t get padme now, you’ll get her 7* next time. This game is resource management but also frustration management.

Things will turn around
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Tired, working hard, and farming my rear off...
    Thats what sums up what im doing right now.

Padme would be great but I really just dont have the time to do her, and seperatists, ugh, those guys.

We kinda played a little dumb and farmed clones to five star instead, because they were easier and readily avalible. But I am continually and painfully farming for darth revan not knowing wether he is going to drop on my head or not.

I love this game. Ive loved it since the first time ive played it but really after endgame I cant keep my attention span on it for more that 5 minutes before I move onto something else. I really need some encouragement or something.

Another thing to get into is the darth revan farm, which I mentioned earlier is just a pain. Im not a quitter but this is getting me close. At least explain why you swapped it to 5 farms please, you couldve just waited till the next time he was released.

My point is, game developers are not supposed to make players feel like theyve been smacked in the face. Their supposed to make it feel like friends, and that they like the players they make the game for, not make them feel down or uptight. Thats what 90% of games are missing these days, when did it become about money?

Anyway, read this or dont, thats how i feel.

It's pretty easy. It took me around 6 months to get my JKR squad from 0 to 7* (missed out on the marquee) so it's a grind forsure but that's the point of the game. You don't play a game like NBA 2K and expect to reach 99 overall in a day.
  • I meant dr,
    Sorry for not beong clear,
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    I really just dont have the time to do her,
    Bow-chikka-bow-wow.

To be fair, I guess it depends how long you’ve been playing. After a year or more of doing the exact same thing, over, and over, and over...it does get stale.

I made an alt account and, honestly, the arena is way more fun in the early days as there are lots more different compositions. On my main, it’s 90% revan, a CLS or two, some NS/empire and that’s it.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Problem is: they brought back the 5 tries without improving drop rates. Or by even making them worse. Result: you may get 0 shards even on 10 attempts. 25 crystals wasted, but most likely 75. This is one of the most straightforward money grabs I've ever seen in this game. 0 subtlety, it's straight "we are bringing them back to 5 so you're more likely to give us money for events". And after the crazy answer by Carrie on twitter this is even more straightforward. We'll see where this gets. But 5 attempts + same drop rate + same panic farm scheme for hero's journeys = 100% pay to play. No way we're going to manage to farm stuff with stored stuff and without paying if things stay the same.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Problem is: they brought back the 5 tries without improving drop rates. Or by even making them worse.

Can we see the data on that?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Aren’t most mobile games released now days are like this though? All of them released now involve some sort of overpriced micro transactions and some sort of grind.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Aren’t most mobile games released now days are like this though? All of them released now involve some sort of overpriced micro transactions and some sort of grind.

Not quite this unreasonable, not quite this boring. I dont play any games like this but i play marvel future fight and contest of champs. Those are what I am on most of the time.