Anakin SHOULD outperform Malak

Anakin Skywalker is one of the most important characters in the Star Wars franchise. It is his fall from the light side that brings us Darth Vader, perhaps the most iconic villain of all time.

So, why is the plan to have Malak outperform him? Survey Star Wars fans off the street and nearly everyone will recognize Darth Vader / Anakin. But who is Malak? And more importantly, who cares? Why are obscure characters from video games taking priority over iconic figures from the Star Wars canon? (I know, I know, it’s so people will pay to win, I get it... just frustrating as a fan)

Replies

• The thing that really makes me mad is how they feel entitled to ask for nerfs because they paid but they can't make their teams work properly. What about you just improve your teams instead of asking for nerfs? Learn to play the game, you'll see no anakin will beat you.
  • As a huge fun of the iconic Stormtrooper (arguably more people will recognise the trademark after a Trooper helmet than the face of the Chosen one) I want him to dominate the holotables of swgoh. It's only fair.
    You see how ridiculous it sounds?
  • As a huge fun of the iconic Stormtrooper (arguably more people will recognise the trademark after a Trooper helmet than the face of the Chosen one) I want him to dominate the holotables of swgoh. It's only fair.

So you're unironically saying that more people will recognise a trooper helmet than Darth Vader's helmet?
  • I dont see anakin as iconic but i see darth revan or darth bane as more iconic but see anakin and vader as week and a crybaby when things dont go his way he just throws a fit
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Drazhar wrote: »
    As a huge fun of the iconic Stormtrooper (arguably more people will recognise the trademark after a Trooper helmet than the face of the Chosen one) I want him to dominate the holotables of swgoh. It's only fair.
    So you're unironically saying that more people will recognise a trooper helmet than Darth Vader's helmet?
    No, I specifically said face, not mask, since the thread is about Anakin and not Darth Vader.
  • The reason they are looking for Malak to be more powerful than Anakin has to do with exclusivity, not popularity. Anakin is an easy farm, and easy to gear. Malak isn’t. It seems fair that when you put more effort into a character, you get more out of it, or at least that’s the intent.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    As a huge fun of the iconic Stormtrooper (arguably more people will recognise the trademark after a Trooper helmet than the face of the Chosen one) I want him to dominate the holotables of swgoh. It's only fair.
    No, I specifically said face, not mask, since the thread is about Anakin and not Darth Vader.

Oh well, I was sure OP's logic was that Anakin is important because he leads to one of the most iconic villains of all times. Which is not clearly a Stormtrooper. Anyways, let's do it with your logic instead: OK, so in your opinion Anakin is less important than Malak because people will recognise stormtroopers more than Anakin (which is also arguable, I'm not sure this is true) so Malak deserves to be stronger. Please realise this is what you're saying.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I dont see anakin as iconic but i see darth revan or darth bane as more iconic but see anakin and vader as week and a crybaby when things dont go his way he just throws a fit

"weak"....unless you meant how long it took before his turn prior to the rework.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Oh well, I was sure OP's logic was that Anakin is important because he leads to one of the most iconic villains of all times. Which is not clearly a Stormtrooper. Anyways, let's do it with your logic instead: OK, so in your opinion Anakin is less important than Malak because people will recognise stormtroopers more than Anakin (which is also arguable, I'm not sure this is true) so Malak deserves to be stronger. Please realise this is what you're saying.

If you read carefully (shouldn't be too hard), not once in my previous two comments did I mention Malak.
    The point was, power levels in this game are not defined, and neither should be, by how recognisable a character is.

His point was very clearly that in this game, there is no correlation between a characters popularity in lore vs. their power in the game.
    New characters are more popular than old ones. This is intentional to keep the game evolving, keep players busy chasing something, and keeping the revenue coming in.

They have already said that the Anakin re-work is as intended: it’s a ftp option to help beat the newest meta teams sometimes.
    This seems totally reasonable to me:
    People who spent on Malak (or acquired him through good resource management) have a team that is capable of holding pretty well on defense. They can easily climb the ranks and they hold in between (for now). Meanwhile those who didn’t get him have an option that is not as reliable but does allow them to climb.
    So anyone can climb well, but those who “invested” in the newest meta team have an easier time of it...and therefore an incentive to “invest” the next time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No he shouldn't, but i get that you want him to be. However, if it worked like that the meta would be even more boring than it is now.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I am with you!
    All these Kotor characters don’t exist in Star Wars!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    whiny punk who killed sand people and kids. yawn
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    This game exists to make money, not to match whatever arbitrary power structure anyone tries to build between characters from different mediums.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Taviffs wrote: »
    Anakin Skywalker is one of the most important characters in the Star Wars franchise. It is his fall from the light side that brings us Darth Vader, perhaps the most iconic villain of all time.

So, why is the plan to have Malak outperform him? Survey Star Wars fans off the street and nearly everyone will recognize Darth Vader / Anakin. But who is Malak? And more importantly, who cares? Why are obscure characters from video games taking priority over iconic figures from the Star Wars canon? (I know, I know, it’s so people will pay to win, I get it... just frustrating as a fan)

Why? Malak was at least in COMMAND of his forces after Revan.
    Vader was a gopher for Palp right up until his death.
    Sad.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • I think @dimi4a was still in kindergarten when Vader was meta the last time and he is just angry that he missed it. Hence all the Revan-bashing comments.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    It should go without saying but comments saying people are "brain damaged" aren't cool. I've removed one already from this thread so let's keep posts appropriate please.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    No he shouldn't, but i get that you want him to be. However, if it worked like that the meta would be even more boring than it is now.

Dude what are you talking about? The current meta can't get more boring than this.

yes it can, if they base ingame strenght and usefullness of characters on lore. The meta would never change because the same character would always be the strongest.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    Taviffs wrote: »

Why? Malak was at least in COMMAND of his forces after Revan.
    Vader was a gopher for Palp right up until his death.
    Sad.

You should really read through the in-depth novels before judging or at least watch videos on it to better increase your knowledge on the characters, their traits and mentality.
    Do you even know what Palpatine did, what his abillities were, why he never gave Vader the best suit, why it was intentionally weak to lightning, what Vader did to reach his potential and beat his overwhelming disadvantages, how much his powers were diminshed after losing most of his force connection and his limbs etc. Obviously no.

Calm yourself there sparky, the ways and reasons it came to be that way aren't really the point, but whatever.

I'm just putting forth the fact that Malak Ruled the sith and was THE threat at the time once Revan lost his memory, nearly wiping out the Jedi and Old Republic.

Vader was second in command and outlived his master by like 4 minutes.

Just because you grew up watching the OT and you read the Vader comic, don't let that twist your perception of the entire Star Wars timeline and galaxy into bitter anger that another has been elevated in a mobile game.

This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever