Chromium Pack Restructure?

Altmanizer
30 posts Member
edited March 2016
I for one hate the current Chromium Pack because it's completely RNG based and I've had awful luck with it (some would say otherwise, but I got 0 Rey Shards and only 10 Ayla Shards on my Main account after spending at least $500 exclusively on packs). (And those are the only Characters I really cared about).

I propose two possible solutions:
(1) Restructure Chromium Packs to be by Group (i.e. offer a Resistance/Rebel/First Order/Empire Pack, a Droid/Anti-Droid/Alien Pack, and a Jedi/Sith Pack (or something like that)).
(2) Add a new Character Shard Shop where Character Shards can be purchased in larger amounts than 2-3 at a time (as they currently can from Shipments).
Thanks for reading this,
Please let me know what you think!
"I can sense you're fear. You're scared that you'll never be as powerful asDarth Vader."
~Rey to Kylo Ren

Chromium Pack Restructure? 45 votes

Yes, I would like to see Chromium Packs done by Group.
55%
ArillianStarSonSekuChewy_Johnson68TheShadow1983CorneliusBiel_StarboyPaulQuicksilverinfectiouszombieEricKLazerriftPadmevangohTonatiuh10ThyskUltraJediDooku_for_daysBlankenshipbroBrom 25 votes
Yes, I would like to see a Crystal to Character Shard Specific Shop
20%
RadenBalbesCectonJohnnyMakeBelievePikkon89JensxnV1p3rdyn4styThraxx_Blackwinddbraba01 9 votes
No, I like the current Chromium Pack RNG
11%
Boba_The_FetterOobydoobDekayingsoulDeadHeadAndyDuckymonkey1579 5 votes
No, I just like shooting down people's ideas
13%
Big_RussKamikazeRhombusSuikodenStarjumperAndrolunarwolf 6 votes

Replies

• No, I like the current Chromium Pack RNG
    Doing packs any other way would only help to promote everyone playing the same characters. The randomness helps to keep more characters involved.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Doing packs any other way would only help to promote everyone playing the same characters. The randomness helps to keep more characters involved.
    Not really because if you get CUP or ugnaught they still are use less. Anyway's cookie cutters are cookie cutters and if you want to have a repeat squad sooner or later you will.

If they add this im might drop 20$ weekly because Ill have a better chance of getting Old Ben, Aayla, Fisto, Anakin, Ima Gun Di which are character I would spend to 7 star them giving that I would actually have a 50% or higher chance at unlocking them or finding shards.

If you bye a 8 pack of a Jedi pack then with the one guaranteed character this would be awesome
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    Not really because if you get CUP or ugnaught they still are use less. Anyway's cookie cutters are cookie cutters and if you want to have a repeat squad sooner or later you will.

If they add this im might drop 20$ weekly because Ill have a better chance of getting Old Ben, Aayla, Fisto, Anakin, Ima Gun Di which are character I would spend to 7 star them giving that I would actually have a 50% or higher chance at unlocking them or finding shards.

If you bye a 8 pack of a Jedi pack then with the one guaranteed character this would be awesome

Exactly, this would provide them with a lot more revenue, because I lot more people would spend money on Crystals, which, if we're being honest, is the entire reason that the game exists in the first place.

I personally would probably put money into whatever would include Resistance Characters, because Rey is the best overall Character hands-down (any arguments otherwise are invalid if you look at her stats, especially End-Game). Also because the synergies between Poe (as Leader), Resistance Trooper, and Resistance Pilot are scary. Additionally, having Poe or Finn as Leader would strengthen Rey further.
    "I can sense you're fear. You're scared that you'll never be as powerful asDarth Vader."
    ~Rey to Kylo Ren
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Altmanizer wrote: »
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Exactly, this would provide them with a lot more revenue, because I lot more people would spend money on Crystals, which, if we're being honest, is the entire reason that the game exists in the first place.

I personally would probably put money into whatever would include Resistance Characters, because Rey is the best overall Character hands-down (any arguments otherwise are invalid if you look at her stats, especially End-Game). Also because the synergies between Poe (as Leader), Resistance Trooper, and Resistance Pilot are scary. Additionally, having Poe or Finn as Leader would strengthen Rey further.

I never even thought about a Resistance team sounds like it can make a he_ll of a team except that it has no healers but considering that everyone is mostly one shot killed its not really necessary. Anyways back to the point I think its better for the company to take 20$ or 30$ every month of 90% of the player base then 2k+ from 3% of the player base. Alot of F2P will be tempted at spending including myself
  • No, I just like shooting down people's ideas

What he said

Plus it makes more money for EA with it being random as you have to buy and filter through more **** to get a good team. Sensible 5hing to do is only buy chromium at the start then farm after that.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
    @Big_Boss there are NO useless characters. Ug can do a lot of good things against droids. There many be characters you don't want to play with but that does not make the useless. Take the time to level the "bad" characters up and see what they can really do.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    @Big_Boss there are NO useless characters. Ug can do a lot of good things against droids. There many be characters you don't want to play with but that does not make the useless. Take the time to level the "bad" characters up and see what they can really do.

Stop kidding your self not even p2p players that have maxed out almost all characters use these toons, not in GW, definitely not in arena and maybe not even in LS/DS battles. They are not good except maybe for some fooling around and a little bit of fun
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Stop kidding your self not even p2p players that have maxed out almost all characters use these toons, not in GW, definitely not in arena and maybe not even in LS/DS battles. They are not good except maybe for some fooling around and a little bit of fun

People who have maxed many characters play with those they enjoy doing so not because of power. I don't play with Sid, GS, Q and many others because I don't like them, doesn't make them useless. At some point the game will come up with something where you need to use all of your characters (guild war or a much needed harder GW). For those who have maxed out a lot of characters (I have 23 maxed), LS/DS battles have been completed a long time ago, GW is completed with less than 7 characters so there is no where to play other characters. Arena is for crystals not for playing around with different characters.

• At some point the game will come up with something where you need to use all of your characters (guild war or a much needed harder GW). GW is completed with less than 7 characters so there is no where to play other characters. Arena is for crystals not for playing around with different characters.

What are you talking about? GW is currently way too difficult, it needs to be made easier, NOT harder.
    ~Rey to Kylo Ren