Save the Whales!

The level at which you have to pay to whale with new gear gates and star level gates and needed companions. Releasing one after the other. Shorter notice each time, is causing us to spend more, yes, but not spend at all as well. I know the FTP players will be happy there's one less whale for this Padme event. But I'm guessing I'm not the only whale thinking, you gotta be a Kraken now. Just saying, the Whales are becoming extinct.

Replies

• The level at which you have to pay to whale with new gear gates and star level gates and needed companions. Releasing one after the other. Shorter notice each time, is causing us to spend more, yes, but not spend at all as well. I know the FTP players will be happy there's one less whale for this Padme event. But I'm guessing I'm not the only whale thinking, you gotta be a Kraken now. Just saying, the Whales are becoming extinct.

Don't whales have every character at 7* G12? Why would they need to spend to get padme?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Free Willy !
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • The level at which you have to pay to whale with new gear gates and star level gates and needed companions. Releasing one after the other. Shorter notice each time, is causing us to spend more, yes, but not spend at all as well. I know the FTP players will be happy there's one less whale for this Padme event. But I'm guessing I'm not the only whale thinking, you gotta be a Kraken now. Just saying, the Whales are becoming extinct.

Don't whales have every character at 7* G12? Why would they need to spend to get padme?

Well, I'm not quite a whale I guess. I'm not even close to that. I got like 35 G12's LOL I nibble. Like when toons come out in the store 4 crystals for 320, 8 for 640. I buy those. Until they become farmable. Then I do that. It's worked well as I had a complete KOTOR team weeks before JKR and DR and DM.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    x04fxfpot54r.jpeg

Those are Krakens. Op was using the correct terms, even spoonfeeding you.

We dont know the exact requirements yet, but if we need the 2 new droids, then yee, it requires a significant whaling. One like we've had....2 weeks ago?
    CG's getting mega greedy lately. Soon, we'll need to pay 100 crystals to open the game?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Who needs saving here?

hp0l3xix5lxv.jpg
  • Love the Whale pics! They're beautiful aren't they!

I stopped spending money
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

We dont know the exact requirements yet, but if we need the 2 new droids, then yee, it requires a significant whaling. One like we've had....2 weeks ago?
    CG's getting mega greedy lately. Soon, we'll need to pay 100 crystals to open the game?
    Can we at least wait for the event to happen before lambasting CG over it?

This event requires separatists. There are a lot of units in there who folks have had a lot of time to build.

Yes, the separatist droids are good, and will probably be the most reliable way to get Padme. But it's not like they're the only option.

Most of the separatists, we've had a LOT of time to build. Many of them are launch toons, or pushing three years old. No, I don't think Nute or Geonosian Spy will be relevant. But Asajj (common investment for Nightsisters)? Dooku (who many established players have built from dodge meta, or invested in for splitting Sith)? Sun Fac (who many have to G12 from the Ackbugs ship meta)? Yeah, they have potential. And we've had years to build General Grievous, B2 Super Battle Droid and Magnaguard.

Most likely, the key to this event will be to get around General Kenobi to focus down Anakin so he doesn't get that revenge. To that end, B2's buff block looks important. B2 is an old unit. Dooku has shock and stun, at 100% against Jedi. Sun Fac is a good tank with a dispelling counter. Asajj has a mass dispel.

Even if your lineup's not ideal, there are options. There exist a whole two new characters, with more than sufficient options if you don't have those yet. And even the Chewie event, arguably the hardest legendary, folks managed without zetas or new hunters, generally through Zam spam and potent Boba lead.

If you haven't built your separatists, I'm sorry. Work on the toons for next time. But these requirements are looking about as reasonable as you can ask for a new legendary. Not some evil corporate greed.
    Still not a he.

I stopped spending money

I had gear saved, and I was thinking about whaling and getting Padme. I realized, how much I've been spending, how much this will cost. I said no. Not this time. I used the gear for other toons I've been meaning to work on. I can't do this at this rate. It's insane. They should really be careful here because I think a lot of whales like me, aren't going in on Padme. And that might build to a larger trend.

• YaeVizsla wrote: »

Can we at least wait for the event to happen before lambasting CG over it?

This event requires separatists. There are a lot of units in there who folks have had a lot of time to build.

Yes, the separatist droids are good, and will probably be the most reliable way to get Padme. But it's not like they're the only option.

Most of the separatists, we've had a LOT of time to build. Many of them are launch toons, or pushing three years old. No, I don't think Nute or Geonosian Spy will be relevant. But Asajj (common investment for Nightsisters)? Dooku (who many established players have built from dodge meta, or invested in for splitting Sith)? Sun Fac (who many have to G12 from the Ackbugs ship meta)? Yeah, they have potential. And we've had years to build General Grievous, B2 Super Battle Droid and Magnaguard.

Most likely, the key to this event will be to get around General Kenobi to focus down Anakin so he doesn't get that revenge. To that end, B2's buff block looks important. B2 is an old unit. Dooku has shock and stun, at 100% against Jedi. Sun Fac is a good tank with a dispelling counter. Asajj has a mass dispel.

Even if your lineup's not ideal, there are options. There exist a whole two new characters, with more than sufficient options if you don't have those yet. And even the Chewie event, arguably the hardest legendary, folks managed without zetas or new hunters, generally through Zam spam and potent Boba lead.

If you haven't built your separatists, I'm sorry. Work on the toons for next time. But these requirements are looking about as reasonable as you can ask for a new legendary. Not some evil corporate greed.

In all honesty, we never had a reason to build separatists. Their talents were extremely passe. How many players that started within the last year or two have had time to go back to Geos?

Saying they've been in the game, your fault for not gearing them is not a defense against surprise pop up launches of expensive characters. That method of operation is the crux of my angst.

Not the speculation. Though....
    You are asking us to not speculate wildly, but you are speculating too on how difficult the event will be.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    In all honesty, we never had a reason to build separatists. Their talents were extremely passe. How many players that started within the last year or two have had time to go back to Geos?

Saying they've been in the game, your fault for not gearing them is not a defense against surprise pop up launches of expensive characters. That method of operation is the crux of my angst.

Not the speculation. Though....
    You are asking us to not speculate wildly, but you are speculating too on how difficult the event will be.
    That is not a reasonable question. The expectation should not be that new players should be able to get the newest event content the first time. What's more, events exist to create reasons to farm things. Ewoks were in the game for quite a while before the 3PO event. The 3PO event is what gave most people a reason to actually farm and outfit Ewoks.

And I never said don't speculate. I said don't lambaste CG for something that hasn't even happened yet. Don't accuse CG of a cash grab for releasing an event that "requires" these two new units when they explicitly aren't a requirement and we have relevant alternatives that have been in the game forever.
    Still not a he.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    "Most likely, the key to this event will be to get around General Kenobi to focus down Anakin so he doesn't get that revenge. To that end, B2's buff block looks important. B2 is an old unit. Dooku has shock and stun, at 100% against Jedi. Sun Fac is a good tank with a dispelling counter. Asajj has a mass dispel."

<--That my friend, is speculation. It is.

"these two new units when they explicitly aren't a requirement and we have relevant alternatives" <--

Once again, this is speculation. Do you want me to post the definition? Because I do not think it means what you think it means.

"What's more, events exist to create reasons to farm things"

Like I said, we never had a reason to farm them and their talents / skills are passe. Are they not? Please address that.
  • "Most likely, the key to this event will be to get around General Kenobi to focus down Anakin so he doesn't get that revenge. To that end, B2's buff block looks important. B2 is an old unit. Dooku has shock and stun, at 100% against Jedi. Sun Fac is a good tank with a dispelling counter. Asajj has a mass dispel."

<--That my friend, is speculation. It is.

"these two new units when they explicitly aren't a requirement and we have relevant alternatives" <--

Once again, this is speculation. Do you want me to post the definition? Because I do not think it means what you think it means.

"What's more, events exist to create reasons to farm things"

Like I said, we never had a reason to farm them and their talents / skills are passe. Are they not? Please address that.
    Once more, I never said don't speculate. However, it is not speculation that B1 and Droideka are explicitly not required. The requirement is Separatists. There are twelve Separatists. Ten of them are neither B1 nor Droideka. And it is not speculation that we have relevant alternatives. Whether or not they pan out remains to be seen, but Sun Fac, Dooku, and Asajj all have well-established and relevant abilities. How effective and viable they are remains to be seen, but Carrie posted this on Reddit:

"Not hard required. But it will be easier with the Separatist Droids because they’re much more powerful. Honestly it’s a similar strategy to Chewie where the newer Bounty Hunters made it much easier, but shortly after the event started, people were posting proof they’d done it with all the older BHs. We’ve seen some people in testing pull that off with some of the Separatists and will leave it that way for sure."

It's not speculation. It's already happened.

As to the last question? Again, events create reason. However...

Asajj is among the most powerful units in the game, and core to one of the best teams in the game which stayed relevant through six consecutive metas.

Sun Fac was meta and one of the best tanks in the game on release, Geonosian Soldier was meta and is one of the staple early game units, and Bugbar was the dominant fleet meta on the tail of Ships 2.0. Also, Geonosians have their immense TW bonus.

B2 Super Battle Droid has long been an excellent unit and serves as a strong counter to a number of teams, most notably Nightsisters. B2 regularly makes appearances in YouTube videos with titles like, "Top 10 units I wish I'd built up sooner."

Dooku is a long-standing good and easily accessible unit. There are over a hundred thousand G10 or better Dooku's in the game according to swgoh.gg. More than, say, Wicket, who we've been given reason to farm in the form of 3PO. His uses have been many. He was the OG dodge meta. He came back for Zaul meta. A lot of early players invested in him for their first real dark side team under Palpatine. He's continuously relevant in TW and GA in a number of ways for utilization purposes, playing a very relevant part in how Sith and Empire units are allocated as they've long been a very dynamic faction with a lot of loose ends to tie up, and Dooku generally serves either as a healer on a Traya team or in his more traditional role on Maul teams. Plus he regularly shows up for everyone's favorite game, "Let's try and make a Shock team work."

General Grievous and Magnaguard. Separatist droids just got a high-profile overhaul, and despite the kvetching, the GG team is good, particularly for TW and GA, and work even with a low-star Droideka and B1, or you can sub those two out until you think they're ready for any of a number of other droids.

Poggle the Lesser. Used to be meta. Also an alternative to Pao in Chex, particularly if your Han isn't G12 with a medpack.

Nute Gunray. Church of Nute is one of the classic P2 hSith lineups. Nuteini before that, though that ended.

There has been legitimate reason to invest in literally every Separatist unit.Whether or not you, personally, chose to invest in them is your business.

And of the twelve, eight of those units are actually good. Asajj is great. Dooku is good. Sun Fac is much better than he's given credit for. And all the droids are at least good. An event that calls for separatists is not unreasonable.
    Still not a he.