Wow. Has anyone even fought Malak?

I have seen all of the game changers going on about how impossible it is to beat and offering these gimmick teams to get around and win. Having gotten obliterated by certain DR teams using my zEP, I was thinking Malak would be impossible. Obviously my zEP did not work. I thought that without Anakin, I couldn't use Jedi. But I was desperate for arena crystals and I had extra attempts so I tried. Won three times in a row against 317 speed DR Malak teams. Full Zetas. All g12 except Malak. Maybe Malak needs g12. But I won with... JKR classic (**** GMY Jolee GK). Three times. Against different people. Either nobody understands how to kill this team, or everyone else is like I was and simply hadn't tried Jedi against it for themselves because the ones who are called the best theory crafters made it sound impossible. I was wrong. Malak is absolutely beatable, and using what is by now a common squad. My apologies CG. Also, my best mods are on Rebels, not Jedi. I was outmoded easily.

Replies

• You got lucky.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    If your outmoded your not winning against DR teams with malak. This I know
  • Massive difference between a 5 or 6 star malak and a 7 Star malak with full g12 and g12+. You’re often talking like 40,000+ more hp.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Massive difference between a 5 or 6 star malak and a 7 Star malak with full g12 and g12+. You’re often talking like 40,000+ more hp.

This is true....against weak malaks it may be possible, but a weak jkr team is still going to struggle
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    He's certainly beatable, but that doesn't make him not an absolute savage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• DarkLord7 wrote: »
    I have seen all of the game changers going on about how impossible it is to beat and offering these gimmick teams to get around and win. Having gotten obliterated by certain DR teams using my zEP, I was thinking Malak would be impossible. Obviously my zEP did not work. I thought that without Anakin, I couldn't use Jedi. But I was desperate for arena crystals and I had extra attempts so I tried. Won three times in a row against 317 speed DR Malak teams. Full Zetas. All g12 except Malak. Maybe Malak needs g12. But I won with... JKR classic (**** GMY Jolee GK). Three times. Against different people. Either nobody understands how to kill this team, or everyone else is like I was and simply hadn't tried Jedi against it for themselves because the ones who are called the best theory crafters made it sound impossible. I was wrong. Malak is absolutely beatable, and using what is by now a common squad. My apologies CG. Also, my best mods are on Rebels, not Jedi. I was outmoded easily.

Yes, Malak is beatable with the previous meta JKR team. But you faced one team. Face multiple teams in the top 20 and you'll see how difficult it is. But there are also other factors. Maybe your shard isn't as competitive. Maybe you got amazing RNG. Maybe not many in your shard have great mods. Rather than making a blanket statement or question, think about the different factors that might allow you to beat a DR team with Malak.
  • There is one malak team in my shard (zzMalak) that destroys me in 3 moves but most others I can do with standard Revan.
    At g12, 7 star maybe not
  • Kokie wrote: »
    If your outmoded your not winning against DR teams with malak. This I know

Are you talking about in DR vs DR matches?Try this option. @Kokie

https://youtu.be/OZPXYAJH4dM
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Last war, our guild had a Malak team on defence, it was unbeaten with 47 defences at the end.. 140mil gp bracket..
  • You got lucky.

That's why I tested it 3 times in a row against different teams. If it's possible for me to do that with no prior experience, then I'm pretty sure that there's at least a 1 in 3 chance of people winning. And since his numbers are fairly limited, that's manageable.
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    Last war, our guild had a Malak team on defence, it was unbeaten with 47 defences at the end.. 140mil gp bracket..

We've had similar things happen with even a strong JKR or DR without Malak. It just depends on what the opponents have left in the tank and whether they make attacks out of desperation.
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    DarkLord7 wrote: »

Yes, Malak is beatable with the previous meta JKR team. But you faced one team. Face multiple teams in the top 20 and you'll see how difficult it is. But there are also other factors. Maybe your shard isn't as competitive. Maybe you got amazing RNG. Maybe not many in your shard have great mods. Rather than making a blanket statement or question, think about the different factors that might allow you to beat a DR team with Malak.

I said I faced 3. We're talking +157 speed on DR. I would call that pretty good modding. My JKR isn't even 300.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »

We've had similar things happen with even a strong JKR or DR without Malak. It just depends on what the opponents have left in the tank and whether they make attacks out of desperation.

It was on the front zone, they didn’t clear it or the other dr/malak team in the other front zone.. so they pretty much had there whole offence to throw at it. I think that speaks for itself really..
    You got lucky.

That's why I tested it 3 times in a row against different teams. If it's possible for me to do that with no prior experience, then I'm pretty sure that there's at least a 1 in 3 chance of people winning. And since his numbers are fairly limited, that's manageable.

Three times huh, that’s not even enough times to figure out who is in the match. While your optimism is appreciable, reality is that first, three times is as good as zero, and second, you got lucky.

Try fighting them for 50 or 60 matches, then see if you have a rudimentary idea how the matches go.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    What @GhostTruckin said!
    Delvorin wrote: »

I said I faced 3. We're talking +157 speed on DR. I would call that pretty good modding. My JKR isn't even 300.

That's not really the best way to measure it. My DR has +157 speed, yet still misses another G12+ piece and my BSF's speed is ridiculously low, for now. One well modded toon will not make the whole team great.
    The average JKR team will not stand a chance against DR team with decent mods, not without JKA at least.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i couldn't tell you how easy it is because i don't use JKR, but there are 2 JKR teams that reach #1 on my leaderboard every day. I believe we're up to 4 g12 malaks now and a whole bunch of 5/6* malaks. Probably most notable for some, they aren't on the shardchat.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Congrats!!
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Wait until you have to fight these guys all day, every day for your arena climb before you make the call that they're no problem. Like Ghost Truckin said, your opinion is likely to change when you've had 50 or 60 battles logged against Malak teams. Ugh.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    This appears to be a stealth "Buff Malak" thread by a Malak owner...
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Oooh a stealth tank like Teebo!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    @Bulldog1205 how should my gmy outspeed 310 emo, without god mods???
  • Kalano wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205 how should my gmy outspeed 310 emo, without god mods???

Better yet, why should your GMY outspeed a 310 speed BSF without god mods?
    At that speed, that toon clearly has top tier mods so why would you expect to perform better without them?
  • Yeah, there is certainly a limit. FB is 21 speed slower than GMY. So that gives you a pretty big window to match mods, but if you can’t come within that then this method won’t work. But any method is going to be tough if you are that severely out modded.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member

Better yet, why should your GMY outspeed a 310 speed BSF without god mods?
    At that speed, that toon clearly has top tier mods so why would you expect to perform better without them?

Cause he was advertising to beat malak without malak and without god mods. Sry if you didn’t get the context. But the advertising was misleading for me. After watching the vid, I realized gmy has to outspeed bsf. And I have to go for a 310 bsf daily. So that’ll need a nice set on gmy

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    nothing beats Light side revan

Untrue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Untrue.

quote the half, complains about this as it would be the whole statement
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Larx wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Untrue.

quote the half, complains about this as it would be the whole statement
    okay, lemme give it a try
    nothing beats Light side revan lol Darth revan with or without malak is very beatable. light side revan is not.... without some form of revan, ive beaten darth revan with luke

untrue
    Save water, drink champagne!