Concern for gear level boosts

I dont remember where I read this but I'm pretty sure it was here regarding something about gear level. From what i heard, toons dont receive benefits granted from completed gear unless all 6 slots are filled? Sorry if this is confusing but I was concerned because I thought from the post i read said that toons equipped with gear 12+ dont gain the stat benefits unless the final currently locked piece is filled.

Replies

• Mod bonuses don't apply to tiers that haven't been finished. So for example, if you add a piece of gear that adds health, your mod with a precent health primary will still add the same amount of health above your base # until you complete the level.

Gear, on the other hand, affects your stats immediately
  • You get the stats of every gear piece, but not for the calculation basesof mods' % bonuses.
    So if you put on a gear 12 extra piece that gives 6000 health, you get 6000 health. 6000, and not more, even if yoi have mods that give 20% extra health. For unfinished levels that doesnt apply, so you dont get 6000*1.2=7200 health.
  • Ok thanks. I was a little worried because I have a few toons who are close to finishing off gear 12+ at the moment and I wanted to make sure they'd get something from that gear.
  • Yeah, theyll get the stats you see on tbe actual piece, just not more.