Mace Windu Rework

Prev1

Mace Windu Rework 43 votes

YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
93%
TeaguepanetoneAntiFunnDarthNekrosCarSickShoeRavenclawsRichfxxxtheatomicpundimi4aSyrup_Chugger3Maxx121312NasRegalTheLordOfMadnessZenbreonTevlodiObight1GrandMasterNexusOldSchoolKiwiAuseonFirebrigadeRed_Baron 40 votes
No. Not needed.
6%
SebekEffAPublicEyeDDarthVeritlyn 3 votes

Replies

  • YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    4cl5ru9estno.jpg
  • AntiFunn
    210 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Rework this m-f-k-a lol
  • YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Who votes no on this?
  • DarthKoon
    273 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Someone did.
  • YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    What kid said no.
  • DarthKoon
    273 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Someone called Sebek.
  • DarthKoon
    273 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    @Sebek why not??
  • Sebek
    250 posts Member
    edited May 7
    No. Not needed.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    @Sebek why not??

    I made a mistake. xD definetly needed
  • No. Not needed.
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.
  • DarthKoon
    273 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Sebek wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    @Sebek why not??

    I made a mistake. xD definetly needed

    Phew. For a second there I though you were crazy. 😀
  • DarthKoon
    273 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?
  • Sebek
    250 posts Member
    No. Not needed.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    @Sebek why not??

    I made a mistake. xD definetly needed

    Phew. For a second there I though you were crazy. 😀

    LoL
  • No. Not needed.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.
  • Ichiraikou
    228 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

    So? I fail to see how a story about a 6 story fall survivor compares to a fall on a planet known for its buildings with stories raging in the 1,000 and 10,000. Especially since the senate building was quite visible and thus clearly one of the higher ones. Also I'm pretty sure lightning didn't strike the toddler just before the fall.
    I can only conclude that this is false equivalence, and therefore is an invalid argument.
  • Allhel1
    44 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

    So? I fail to see how a story about a 6 story fall survivor compares to a fall on a planet known for its buildings with stories raging in the 1,000 and 10,000. Especially since the senate building was quite visible and thus clearly one of the higher ones. Also I'm pretty sure lightning didn't strike the toddler just before the fall.
    I can only conclude that this is false equivalence, and therefore is an invalid argument.

    Don’t forget Windu had a hand cut off as well
  • No. Not needed.
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

    So? I fail to see how a story about a 6 story fall survivor compares to a fall on a planet known for its buildings with stories raging in the 1,000 and 10,000. Especially since the senate building was quite visible and thus clearly one of the higher ones. Also I'm pretty sure lightning didn't strike the toddler just before the fall.
    I can only conclude that this is false equivalence, and therefore is an invalid argument.

    There is no argument. Simply an answer to the question that was asked:
    Who could survive a fall from a window?
    Not a Jedi.
    But a toddler can.
  • Ichiraikou
    228 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

    So? I fail to see how a story about a 6 story fall survivor compares to a fall on a planet known for its buildings with stories raging in the 1,000 and 10,000. Especially since the senate building was quite visible and thus clearly one of the higher ones. Also I'm pretty sure lightning didn't strike the toddler just before the fall.
    I can only conclude that this is false equivalence, and therefore is an invalid argument.

    There is no argument. Simply an answer to the question that was asked:
    Who could survive a fall from a window?
    Not a Jedi.
    But a toddler can.

    You state that mace windu doesn't need a rework and give the argument that he can't survive a fall. Then someone counters that argument with a question and you counter that one by answering it. In what UNIVERSE is that not an argument? It doesn't matter either way cause as both an argument and as a statement this is still invalid.
    As a statement this is wrong because of "hasty Generalization" and "faulty cause and effect". You plainly state that because of 2 examples, Toddlers can survive a fall and Jedi can't, which we all know is just not true. Surviving a fall depends on a lot more than what you are. On top of that you are implying that this is for all cases. Just because in 1 case something was, it does't mean that it is that way in all cases. While I know that is not what you fully mean, it is still implied and therefore wrong.
    And as an argument is is wrong because it is either a "red herring" or a "straw man". Both mean that you are trying to divert from the main topic of "does mace need a rework" to the topic of "who can survive a fall". (Red herring means you are diverting to change the topic, while with a straw man you are diverting to avoid answering the question altogether). People actually use these on accident quite often.
    Either way I can only still conclude that this is invalid.
    If you just don't like mace and/or just don't care for the character in game. That's actually fine. You are allowed to have your own opinion after all and I am fully okay with that. But don't go saying that you don't present an argument when trying to counter other people's arguments. That is not okay because it means you are denying other people's opinions. That I don't accept.
  • No. Not needed.
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

    So? I fail to see how a story about a 6 story fall survivor compares to a fall on a planet known for its buildings with stories raging in the 1,000 and 10,000. Especially since the senate building was quite visible and thus clearly one of the higher ones. Also I'm pretty sure lightning didn't strike the toddler just before the fall.
    I can only conclude that this is false equivalence, and therefore is an invalid argument.

    There is no argument. Simply an answer to the question that was asked:
    Who could survive a fall from a window?
    Not a Jedi.
    But a toddler can.

    You state that mace windu doesn't need a rework and give the argument that he can't survive a fall. Then someone counters that argument with a question and you counter that one by answering it. In what UNIVERSE is that not an argument? It doesn't matter either way cause as both an argument and as a statement this is still invalid.
    As a statement this is wrong because of "hasty Generalization" and "faulty cause and effect". You plainly state that because of 2 examples, Toddlers can survive a fall and Jedi can't, which we all know is just not true. Surviving a fall depends on a lot more than what you are. On top of that you are implying that this is for all cases. Just because in 1 case something was, it does't mean that it is that way in all cases. While I know that is not what you fully mean, it is still implied and therefore wrong.
    And as an argument is is wrong because it is either a "red herring" or a "straw man". Both mean that you are trying to divert from the main topic of "does mace need a rework" to the topic of "who can survive a fall". (Red herring means you are diverting to change the topic, while with a straw man you are diverting to avoid answering the question altogether). People actually use these on accident quite often.
    Either way I can only still conclude that this is invalid.
    If you just don't like mace and/or just don't care for the character in game. That's actually fine. You are allowed to have your own opinion after all and I am fully okay with that. But don't go saying that you don't present an argument when trying to counter other people's arguments. That is not okay because it means you are denying other people's opinions. That I don't accept.

    I love your passion for this topic!
  • SemiGod
    336 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

    So getting electrocuted and falling down a giant tower (over 6 stories) after being electrocuted by one of the strongest sith in the universe would be survivable by a toddler?
  • EffAPublicEyeD
    94 posts Member
    edited May 9
    No. Not needed.
    SemiGod wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

    So getting electrocuted and falling down a giant tower (over 6 stories) after being electrocuted by one of the strongest sith in the universe would be survivable by a toddler?

    We could ask the toddler. After all, he is the one that's still alive.
  • DarthKoon
    273 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    SemiGod wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Can't survive a fall out of a window? Loser.
    No rework.

    Ummm.... who could?

    A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

    So getting electrocuted and falling down a giant tower (over 6 stories) after being electrocuted by one of the strongest sith in the universe would be survivable by a toddler?

    We could ask the toddler. After all, he is the one that's still alive.

    Canwe please get back on topic? Also, why don't you think Mace should have a rework??
  • No. Not needed.
    Actually, I would like to see a rework of the Endurance. Introducing specific synergy with Galactic Republic ships could be interesting. Might find some use for Mace Window's capital ship finally.
  • No. Not needed.
    Before anyone asks why I voted no: I just simply hate Jedi.
  • DarthKoon
    273 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Before anyone asks why I voted no: I just simply hate Jedi.

    Uhhh.. Why??
  • AntiFunn
    210 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Actually, I would like to see a rework of the Endurance. Introducing specific synergy with Galactic Republic ships could be interesting. Might find some use for Mace Window's capital ship finally.

    Agreed on the Endurance. His Taunt and passive unique needs to have much better synergy for GR.

    Maybe taunt also dispels GR allies and grants them defense up? etc
  • Zenbreon
    299 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    Let’s make Windu great again (plz don’t kill me.)
  • No. Not needed.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Before anyone asks why I voted no: I just simply hate Jedi.

    Uhhh.. Why??

    I did a research paper for one of my college courses this semester about how the Jedi are the real villains of Star Wars. Ontop of that I love the Sith and never found Yoda, Mace, etc to be likable. Only exceptions are Obi-Wan and Plo Koon.
  • YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Before anyone asks why I voted no: I just simply hate Jedi.

    Uhhh.. Why??

    I did a research paper for one of my college courses this semester about how the Jedi are the real villains of Star Wars. Ontop of that I love the Sith and never found Yoda, Mace, etc to be likable. Only exceptions are Obi-Wan and Plo Koon.

    What was the verdict on your college paper?

    In any case, the jedi are space hippies, and so they simply aren't evil. I prefer sith myself as well but that's because they are proper, evil villains, and any real sith would know him or herself as one. It's like a defining trait.
  • No. Not needed.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Before anyone asks why I voted no: I just simply hate Jedi.

    Uhhh.. Why??

    I did a research paper for one of my college courses this semester about how the Jedi are the real villains of Star Wars. Ontop of that I love the Sith and never found Yoda, Mace, etc to be likable. Only exceptions are Obi-Wan and Plo Koon.

    What was the verdict on your college paper?

    In any case, the jedi are space hippies, and so they simply aren't evil. I prefer sith myself as well but that's because they are proper, evil villains, and any real sith would know him or herself as one. It's like a defining trait.

    The professor agreed the Jedi were the real villains through their inability to adapt outside of their code and rules. Their codes is what caused the Sith to become such a threat to the galaxy and what inspired the rebel terrorists to go against the legitimate Imperial government, which if looked at from an economical and government point of view, was relatively peaceful and very sound before the rebellion broke out.
  • YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Before anyone asks why I voted no: I just simply hate Jedi.

    Uhhh.. Why??

    I did a research paper for one of my college courses this semester about how the Jedi are the real villains of Star Wars. Ontop of that I love the Sith and never found Yoda, Mace, etc to be likable. Only exceptions are Obi-Wan and Plo Koon.

    What was the verdict on your college paper?

    In any case, the jedi are space hippies, and so they simply aren't evil. I prefer sith myself as well but that's because they are proper, evil villains, and any real sith would know him or herself as one. It's like a defining trait.

    The professor agreed the Jedi were the real villains through their inability to adapt outside of their code and rules. Their codes is what caused the Sith to become such a threat to the galaxy and what inspired the rebel terrorists to go against the legitimate Imperial government, which if looked at from an economical and government point of view, was relatively peaceful and very sound before the rebellion broke out.

    I cannot agree with this statement. Don't get me wrong, I get where you are coming from. But this is as clear a case of framing as I've ever seen in my life.
    Yes the Jedi (especially the Jedi Council) have made a lot of mistakes. They where arrogant and unwilling to compromise. But you completely disregard the other side of the story (hence framing). Palpatine controlling both the Galactic Republic and the Separatist for his own need is what caused the problems in this era. The Jedi's faults did make it a lot easier to do this for him, but you can't tell me they force him to do it. Same with the rebellion. The Jedi did inspire the rebellion, but that wasn't the reason they rose up against the Empire. The dictatorship rule and unfair treatment of the empire was wat made them rose up, the Jedi gave them a banner to unite under.
    The Jedi in all these situations where a catalyst. As any scientist will tell you, adding a catalyst on its own to something does absolutely nothing. You still need an actual start before it does anything. I agree that the Jedi definitely aren't heroes, but the true villains? No way. That is a short-sighted conclusion.
    These is a saying I like: "good and evil are 2 sides of the same coin". Both the Sith and the Jedi where at fault here. So blaming the Jedi for it all is just a short-sighted answer.

    Having said all of that, It actually doesn't matter for this poll. Someone being a villain doesn't mean they don't deserve a place in the game. Hell if that was the case nearly half the characters should just be removed from the game. The problem with Windu in the game is that it isn't a representation of him.
    People got upset over Nihilus's annihilate, Found nest's protection stacking ridiculous, and thought that Revan's presence in the game was too much. But do you know what nobody thought they where? A bad representation of the characters. These characters and their strength got represented in this game. Windu was one of the strongest fighters in the universe during the Galactic Republic era. Regardless of what you think of him, this is still a fact. And in the game....He is an absolute weakling. We didn't get a representation of Windu in this game. We got a doll with his name written on it.
    So yes. I agree with you that the Jedi made a lot of mistakes. Yes I agree that they aren't heroes. But no, they are not the true villains and no, this does not mean that Mace Windu shouldn't get a rework.

    P.s. you should see a video made by Film Theory. They go in on why the rebellion shouldn't have destroyed the death star (due to the economy behind it). They also go a little about the difference in Palpatine's and the rebellion's takeovers. I think you will like it. Here's a link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=s4Y3dlTDAxw
Sign In or Register to comment.