Mace Windu Rework

2Next

Replies

• No. Not needed.
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Before anyone asks why I voted no: I just simply hate Jedi.

Uhhh.. Why??

I did a research paper for one of my college courses this semester about how the Jedi are the real villains of Star Wars. Ontop of that I love the Sith and never found Yoda, Mace, etc to be likable. Only exceptions are Obi-Wan and Plo Koon.

What was the verdict on your college paper?

In any case, the jedi are space hippies, and so they simply aren't evil. I prefer sith myself as well but that's because they are proper, evil villains, and any real sith would know him or herself as one. It's like a defining trait.

The professor agreed the Jedi were the real villains through their inability to adapt outside of their code and rules. Their codes is what caused the Sith to become such a threat to the galaxy and what inspired the rebel terrorists to go against the legitimate Imperial government, which if looked at from an economical and government point of view, was relatively peaceful and very sound before the rebellion broke out.

I cannot agree with this statement. Don't get me wrong, I get where you are coming from. But this is as clear a case of framing as I've ever seen in my life.
    Yes the Jedi (especially the Jedi Council) have made a lot of mistakes. They where arrogant and unwilling to compromise. But you completely disregard the other side of the story (hence framing). Palpatine controlling both the Galactic Republic and the Separatist for his own need is what caused the problems in this era. The Jedi's faults did make it a lot easier to do this for him, but you can't tell me they force him to do it. Same with the rebellion. The Jedi did inspire the rebellion, but that wasn't the reason they rose up against the Empire. The dictatorship rule and unfair treatment of the empire was wat made them rose up, the Jedi gave them a banner to unite under.
    The Jedi in all these situations where a catalyst. As any scientist will tell you, adding a catalyst on its own to something does absolutely nothing. You still need an actual start before it does anything. I agree that the Jedi definitely aren't heroes, but the true villains? No way. That is a short-sighted conclusion.
    These is a saying I like: "good and evil are 2 sides of the same coin". Both the Sith and the Jedi where at fault here. So blaming the Jedi for it all is just a short-sighted answer.

Having said all of that, It actually doesn't matter for this poll. Someone being a villain doesn't mean they don't deserve a place in the game. Hell if that was the case nearly half the characters should just be removed from the game. The problem with Windu in the game is that it isn't a representation of him.
    People got upset over Nihilus's annihilate, Found nest's protection stacking ridiculous, and thought that Revan's presence in the game was too much. But do you know what nobody thought they where? A bad representation of the characters. These characters and their strength got represented in this game. Windu was one of the strongest fighters in the universe during the Galactic Republic era. Regardless of what you think of him, this is still a fact. And in the game....He is an absolute weakling. We didn't get a representation of Windu in this game. We got a doll with his name written on it.
    So yes. I agree with you that the Jedi made a lot of mistakes. Yes I agree that they aren't heroes. But no, they are not the true villains and no, this does not mean that Mace Windu shouldn't get a rework.

P.s. you should see a video made by Film Theory. They go in on why the rebellion shouldn't have destroyed the death star (due to the economy behind it). They also go a little about the difference in Palpatine's and the rebellion's takeovers. I think you will like it. Here's a link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=s4Y3dlTDAxw

Thank you for the link, and just to clarify I wasn't saying he should be removed or anything because of purposed villain status, just to clarify, all Star Wars characters have a place in this game whether we like them or not (well, except Jar Jar lol). But you make good points, it was certainly an interesting read, and I respect your viewpoint.

Why not Jar Jar??

Do I really need to answer this?
  • YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.

Uhhh.. Why??

I did a research paper for one of my college courses this semester about how the Jedi are the real villains of Star Wars. Ontop of that I love the Sith and never found Yoda, Mace, etc to be likable. Only exceptions are Obi-Wan and Plo Koon.

In any case, the jedi are space hippies, and so they simply aren't evil. I prefer sith myself as well but that's because they are proper, evil villains, and any real sith would know him or herself as one. It's like a defining trait.

The professor agreed the Jedi were the real villains through their inability to adapt outside of their code and rules. Their codes is what caused the Sith to become such a threat to the galaxy and what inspired the rebel terrorists to go against the legitimate Imperial government, which if looked at from an economical and government point of view, was relatively peaceful and very sound before the rebellion broke out.

I cannot agree with this statement. Don't get me wrong, I get where you are coming from. But this is as clear a case of framing as I've ever seen in my life.
    Yes the Jedi (especially the Jedi Council) have made a lot of mistakes. They where arrogant and unwilling to compromise. But you completely disregard the other side of the story (hence framing). Palpatine controlling both the Galactic Republic and the Separatist for his own need is what caused the problems in this era. The Jedi's faults did make it a lot easier to do this for him, but you can't tell me they force him to do it. Same with the rebellion. The Jedi did inspire the rebellion, but that wasn't the reason they rose up against the Empire. The dictatorship rule and unfair treatment of the empire was wat made them rose up, the Jedi gave them a banner to unite under.
    The Jedi in all these situations where a catalyst. As any scientist will tell you, adding a catalyst on its own to something does absolutely nothing. You still need an actual start before it does anything. I agree that the Jedi definitely aren't heroes, but the true villains? No way. That is a short-sighted conclusion.
    These is a saying I like: "good and evil are 2 sides of the same coin". Both the Sith and the Jedi where at fault here. So blaming the Jedi for it all is just a short-sighted answer.

Having said all of that, It actually doesn't matter for this poll. Someone being a villain doesn't mean they don't deserve a place in the game. Hell if that was the case nearly half the characters should just be removed from the game. The problem with Windu in the game is that it isn't a representation of him.
    People got upset over Nihilus's annihilate, Found nest's protection stacking ridiculous, and thought that Revan's presence in the game was too much. But do you know what nobody thought they where? A bad representation of the characters. These characters and their strength got represented in this game. Windu was one of the strongest fighters in the universe during the Galactic Republic era. Regardless of what you think of him, this is still a fact. And in the game....He is an absolute weakling. We didn't get a representation of Windu in this game. We got a doll with his name written on it.
    So yes. I agree with you that the Jedi made a lot of mistakes. Yes I agree that they aren't heroes. But no, they are not the true villains and no, this does not mean that Mace Windu shouldn't get a rework.

P.s. you should see a video made by Film Theory. They go in on why the rebellion shouldn't have destroyed the death star (due to the economy behind it). They also go a little about the difference in Palpatine's and the rebellion's takeovers. I think you will like it. Here's a link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=s4Y3dlTDAxw

Thank you for the link, and just to clarify I wasn't saying he should be removed or anything because of purposed villain status, just to clarify, all Star Wars characters have a place in this game whether we like them or not (well, except Jar Jar lol). But you make good points, it was certainly an interesting read, and I respect your viewpoint.

Why not Jar Jar??

I fear you will need to.
  • No. Not needed.

Uhhh.. Why??

Why not Jar Jar??

I fear you will need to.

Fear is the path to the Dark Side

Uhhh.. Why??

Why not Jar Jar??

I fear you will need to.

no.... Fear leads to anger. anger leads to hate. hate leads to pain, and pain leads to suffering
  • No. Not needed.
    Jar Jar didn't fall out of a window to his death, so there's that at least.
  • No. Not needed.

Uhhh.. Why??

Why not Jar Jar??

I fear you will need to.

no.... Fear leads to anger. anger leads to hate. hate leads to pain, and pain leads to suffering

Either way you look at it, fear gets the ball rolling

Uhhh.. Why??

Why not Jar Jar??

I fear you will need to.

Either way you look at it, fear gets the ball rolling

Still. Why my Jar Jar??
    The Jedi are not villains, they're space-hippies. Tons and tons of good intentions but that's about it.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited May 2019

A toddler in Seattle survived a 6 story fall out of a window just last month. A toddler.

Yah but toddlers are bouncy... or so I've been told j/k /sarcasm

Jedi are apparently not bouncy... and he only had one arm to catch his fall
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.
    I love how off topic this thread went. Like el oh el. :joy:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • No. Not needed.
    5dvezxj9e6h3.jpg
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    YES REWORK ALREADY. It is long Overdue.