Just admit that you nerf certain drop rates during events

Title.

Why don’t you just admit that you nerf certain drop rates during active events to corner us into buying packs.

Replies

• they definetly nerfed drop rates on BADstilla and so on in that DEV dungeon.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Because they don't. People have tracked drop rates during events, during double drops, etc. When real data over large enough sample size is calculated - the drop rates are the same as always.... 30-33%.

Always.

Anything else is simply short-term variance, confirmation bias, or based on "feeling" - ir some combination of all 3.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You can't admit something you don't do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If they did manipulate drop rates like you say they would be in for a ****-storm if anyone ever called them out on it. As such it wouldn't be logical to manipulate drop rates like this. The drop rate is what it is, you have a one in three chance of getting a shard from any cantina node or hard node. That's 33%. Always. Oh and 33% drop chance still doesn't mean that you'll ever get a single shard.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    The other people were polite. I’m going to say, you really think the same people who have to rework toons a few days after release have the capability to adjust drop rates at will?