Challenge gear drop rate

Has anyone here even ONCE gotten 7 Carbantis in a single sim? It does say up to 7. I have never ever gotten 7. And I've played for years. I might have gotten 6 once or twice. 5 is pretty lucky. 3-4 seems to be the average though. Can we just have it set at 5 consistently? For how many characters need Carbantis, even with how available they are to purchase in other stores, it would be nice if we could actually count on the challenges giving us more than 15-20 when it says the max is 35. I would much rather roll the dice on 4-6 than 3-7, when 7 NEVER happens. It's just misleading.

Replies

• 7 carbantis seems like that 330 shard drop from a pack. Probably a 0.02% chance.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Back before they changed the challenges, I seem to remember there was a guaranteed drop of carbs or at least a higher floor for them. I can’t quite remember. Then they updated challenges, added 6 and 7 carbs to the prize pool but lowered the floor for prizes. The .002% drop rate for 6 and 7 is accurate just based upon the thousands of posts I’ve read on it and my own experiences. I’ve gotten a 7 drop once and never had a 6 drop. The good ol bait and switch.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I don't mind not getting 7 but it's really disheartening to get 3. At least make it 4-5 like the Mk VI Chiewabs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes. Players have posted pics of it.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    There it is. Once in a 3+ years thing, though.
  • It’s like Bigfoot. You have to snap a pic of it or no one will believe you.