Droid "bonus" for TW bugged?

My BB-8 just exploded when hit by a detonator and didn't do any damage to anyone. He was at basically full protection and the detonator would not have killed him so it was definitely from the "bonuses" for TW. I know there was an issue in the past where deaths from detonators weren't triggering Boba's contract. Is this droid thing bugged when they explode from a detonator?

Replies

• Options
    Just happened to my R2 also:(
  • Options
    Yeah. It's an awful buff.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

Can you please ask that this “bonus” go away?
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

Better yet can we just get rid of all these stupid bonuses
  • Options
    Cs99 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Better yet can we just get rid of all these stupid bonuses

Bonuses are interesting ways to play with the game, but they need to be done properly, the droid bonus is really bugged.

OP, I went up against a GG team and I killed my own team when I killed their droids. Pretty messed up.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    Super **** off at the moment... 😡
    I was to fight a high level bounty hunter team with my JTR team. My BB8 acted first then Jango got to burn everyone. Classic. Except BB8 blew up because of that double edged sword of a bonus...

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    My BB8 and R2 both got nuked in successive turns by an FO defence team. That should have theoretically killed at least half the opposing team (Phasma, Executioner and Resistance Trooper, go figure). Nope. I know the ability doesn't work on the Kylos because of their resistance to % damage effects. A total liability if you use Droids against FO, by the way.
  • Options
    I liked the previous bonuses but this droid one is a shambles
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure why devs cant admit its broken get the crap out of the game go to other bonuses or vanilla bit to keep doing something when its obviously broken just shows contempt or a lack of intelligence
  • Options
    Going to be honest I don’t understand it cause I haven’t really looked at it.

But when I put them on D- b2 held great. And when I used sep droids against all han team- there was a lot of kills on both sides and b2 held up with droideka and then I killed the remaining Hans.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    So Hans down, droids are better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They are not bugged. They only deal damage when destroyed by the TW mechanic. If they are normally defeated, they do not explode. More people should read the abilities.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    They are not bugged. They only deal damage when destroyed by the TW mechanic. If they are normally defeated, they do not explode. More people should read the abilities.

More people should read an OP's post carefully.
    My BB-8 just exploded when hit by a detonator and didn't do any damage to anyone. He was at basically full protection and the detonator would not have killed him so it was definitely from the "bonuses" for TW. I know there was an issue in the past where deaths from detonators weren't triggering Boba's contract. Is this droid thing bugged when they explode from a detonator?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

More people should read an OP's post carefully.
    You are right, I'm at fault here.
    I have not tested droids against detonators myself and indeed have only read the title.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    definitely bugged attacking....but did seem to wai if defending
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    It's very annoying "bonus" really. Completely unreliable on both defense and offense and actually ruins some very good teams.
  • Options
    Again just throwing out my experiences- I threw crap droids at a cls squad - 88, k2, chop, 86, and another low one I forgot. And they did exactly what they were supposed to do. Crash and burn - I didn’t beat it but did enough damage to clean up with Jawas
  • Options
    I wish those bonuses were enabled only in full droid teams or at least 3 droids. This "buff" ruins jtr teams. For me it also breaks my bh team because of ig88
  • Options
    lol in last tw, all DR teams were trying to not use hk-47 because of the (de)buff. No idea what this "buff" bonuses anything.

And my zB1 not deal massive damage even after consumed 100 stacks.