Guilds are dropping

Hanu
138 posts Member
This has got to be fixed
Guilds dropping players so they face a lower gp guild
Should fix it to this is ur guild gp you face that bracket regardless who joins .
This and GA are the best parts of the game and these guilds ruining it
Play fair or dont play at all
Nerf herder elite force 230 mil gp
My guild 208 mil gp ExiledonTatoonie

Replies

• Not everyone in a guild may be around to play a particular tw. You want to punish a guild because a player chooses to sit out a tw? Don't forget those who sit out don't get rewards and that hurts that player.

If I'm busy when a tw is running then I'm sitting out as it isn't fair on my guild for them to carry me
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    You want to punish a guild because a player chooses to sit out a tw?

No, but as it stands now your guild is rewarded when a player chooses to sit out.
    Honestly though, punishing guilds with less than 50 participants is better than rewarding guilds with less than 50 participants wouldn't you agree?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    You want to punish a guild because a player chooses to sit out a tw?

No, but as it stands now your guild is rewarded when a player chooses to sit out.
    Honestly though, punishing guilds with less than 50 participants is better than rewarding guilds with less than 50 participants wouldn't you agree?

The sad part is, the whole thing would be easily solved with the matchmking taking into consideration the total gp of the guild not just the active gp.

For example my current opponent sits 180mil we fill with 22 teams so they left out 5-6 players. My guild sits at 162mil and we joined with 50 players. Would easily solved if my enemy even tho they have ~162mil active gp would be matched against a 180mil total gp guild with whatever active gp or similar to that level.

Not really, max GP is easily manipulated.
    The easiest sollution imo would be to match guilds based on number of participants, still not perfect though.
  • Just get better. I’m an in a 180+/- guild that never gets full participation. But the participation we get is excellent or they are shamed and eventually booted. TW is about three things, IMO. Strategy, player discipline and roster depth.
    Strategy - which means, leaders are assigning teams to zones for defense on the map, understanding the bonuses and how they impact offense and defense and having a list of counter teams available by posting them on discord.

Players have to have discipline in both offense and defense. If your guilds strategy is everyone places 4 defense squads and 1 fleet, then don’t violate without asking. Don’t place a squad that is not on the sector description without asking. Don’t preload a teams TM when attacking, force exit or run out the timer. If you do, announce it along with the TM level and if any specials did not trigger like DN annihilate or a ship captain special like Tarkin. My guild will forgive as long as you kill the tank or leader, normally. Killing IG on the BH squad though does not get you a shiney medal to wear.

Roster depth allows flexibility and theory crafting. Facing a tough squad? Through together some odd squad like Tarkin lead, teebo and TFP with a tank and a probe droid. You are bound to kill something. Roster depth allows you to rapidly adjust to newly announced bonuses or reworks.
  • I think it is way too circumstantial whether participating with fewer members is an advantage or a drawback.

Many times having a few extra JKRs, Chewys and Falcons should be a much bigger advantage than having fewer players at higher GPs, especially when that GP is increased by C-tier toons. It doesn't matter that they can clear everything on 3rd attempt, if you have a more top tier toons to help you get 1/1 wins.

It really depends on how focused your rosters are, not the number of players who participate. Exception being of course the extreme cases, when 30 4m+ players face a guild with 50 slightly above 2m GP members. But dropping 2-3 members should rarely provide an advantage.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Just get better. I’m an in a 180+/- guild that never gets full participation. But the participation we get is excellent or they are shamed and eventually booted. TW is about three things, IMO. Strategy, player discipline and roster depth.
    Strategy - which means, leaders are assigning teams to zones for defense on the map, understanding the bonuses and how they impact offense and defense and having a list of counter teams available by posting them on discord.

Players have to have discipline in both offense and defense. If your guilds strategy is everyone places 4 defense squads and 1 fleet, then don’t violate without asking. Don’t place a squad that is not on the sector description without asking. Don’t preload a teams TM when attacking, force exit or run out the timer. If you do, announce it along with the TM level and if any specials did not trigger like DN annihilate or a ship captain special like Tarkin. My guild will forgive as long as you kill the tank or leader, normally. Killing IG on the BH squad though does not get you a shiney medal to wear.

Roster depth allows flexibility and theory crafting. Facing a tough squad? Through together some odd squad like Tarkin lead, teebo and TFP with a tank and a probe droid. You are bound to kill something. Roster depth allows you to rapidly adjust to newly announced bonuses or reworks.

you totally missed the point of the thread.
    I think it is way too circumstantial whether participating with fewer members is an advantage or a drawback.

Many times having a few extra JKRs, Chewys and Falcons should be a much bigger advantage than having fewer players at higher GPs, especially when that GP is increased by C-tier toons. It doesn't matter that they can clear everything on 3rd attempt, if you have a more top tier toons to help you get 1/1 wins.

It really depends on how focused your rosters are, not the number of players who participate. Exception being of course the extreme cases, when 30 4m+ players face a guild with 50 slightly above 2m GP members. But dropping 2-3 members should rarely provide an advantage.

Based on personal experience on being sandbagged aswell as sandbagging ourselves and top tier guilds doing it on purpose because they also think it works, i think it's safe to assume that sandbagging generally works in your favour.
    Obviously you can still win vs guilds that sandbags if you're more focussed and/or just plain better at TW, but that doesn't mean sandbagging doesn't give an advantage.
    Unfortunately it's hard to prove it actually works and i'm not a big fan of passing judgement based on personal experience and anecdotal evidence (even if it's a widespread common consensus), so i'm not willing to say you're 100% wrong eventhough i think you are.
  • Hanu
    138 posts Member
    We all know when u reach 200+million guild gp that ur guild is seriously into the game so your arguement of not being available is basically what the sandbagging guilds will use . In my guild if ur not available we say set Defense or visa versa

This just takes the fun out of the game
    This is the only event where your full guild participates and these guilds probably getting killed in their GP so resort to cheating the system
  • Hanu
    138 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Just get better. I’m an in a 180+/- guild that never gets full participation. But the participation we get is excellent or they are shamed and eventually booted. TW is about three things, IMO. Strategy, player discipline and roster depth.