GA same players

I noticed at each new GA in the opponent list i get at least 1 player that i already had during a past GA. Is it normal ?
It means there are not so many opponents if we start to get always the same people no?

Replies

• I rarely face the same players. You must be in a higher bracket, what’s your GP?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Are they the canned names the game automatically assigns sometimes?
  • I’d guess your gp puts you in a low population bracket
  • I rarely face the same players. You must be in a higher bracket, what’s your GP?

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    There's less players in your bracket. Don't think I've ever seen the same player twice down in 2.5 mil GP
    Cuz there are less players, repeats are more common

I’m guessing that as HK666 was saying, there aren’t many players in the 4.22M GP bracket making it more likely that you’ll face someone you’ve faced before.
  • I’m 4.5M GP, never faced same opponent in multiple GAs
  • I thought the devs specifically stated you will "never" face the same opponent when GA was first released, but I of course may have missed them backtrack on that on some random post on some third party site since then
  • I thought the devs specifically stated you will "never" face the same opponent when GA was first released, but I of course may have missed them backtrack on that on some random post on some third party site since then

I always thought that you would never face the same opponent in the same GA. Like if you lose to playerA, then second match you win and he loses, you wouldn’t face him again even though you both have one win.

-hard to say never face the same opponent, only so many guys 5+ million GP, can’t throw one of those guys in with guys smaller, people would flip out

I’m guessing that as HK666 was saying, there aren’t many players in the 4.22M GP bracket making it more likely that you’ll face someone you’ve faced before.

This is not true. There are thousands of players in the 4m brackets.
  • 4.4 mill, I've now faced 4 or 5 familiar faces/names.
    It's not a problem but not as varied as you'd think.
  • I faced the same a few times also think i fought 1 guy 3 times so far if not 4 times im at 4.2 mil almost 4.3 mil
  • Are they generic/auto-generated names? I thought I was fighting a guild mate but it was another person with the same game-assigned name.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Happened to me once so far
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Wouldn't surprise me if you could be grouped in the same bracket with someone you were previously grouped with, but never directly faced. At some point it's almost inevitable you'll face the same person twice, since you tend to grow with the same GP group, and that group probably gets smaller as the GP gets higher due to player attrition.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    There are also a bunch of players who never created a name, so just use a default player name like "Mol Eliza." Since names aren't unique, it can be a completely different player, just with the same name.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I would hate fighint the same person they would totally know my strategy of not playing dumb GA and me not setting a defense would not psych them out...