GA start time

ToLive
58 posts Member
Why my Grand Arena ALWAYS starts at 2-4 am?

Today I didn't mention that backyard sector needs 4 squads and set only 2. But game notify me about this! at 3:00 am... Why it doesn't start like TW or TB? Player with daylight starting time have strategic advantage to take turn AFTER me, to see my banners and plan his moves.

Replies

• Ultra
    4541 posts Member
    You can also apply a lot of pressure on your opponent and force them to take risky teams in just to catch up on your banners. Attacking first or second is a double edged sword
  • ToLive
    58 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    You can also apply a lot of pressure on your opponent and force them to take risky teams in just to catch up on your banners. Attacking first or second is a double edged sword
    They can do this also BEFORE my turn :) I can wake up and see all my territories in flames)
    So this is definitely a strategic disadvantage to have GA starting time at the middle of the night.
  • RandomSithLord
    1441 posts Member
    edited May 1
    Move your payout time, then. You can do it twice a year.

Edit: Oh, well. Seems like I keep posting a lot of stupid advice recently.
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on
  • UdalCuain
    3060 posts Member
    Move your payout time, then. You van do it twice a year.

That won't make a difference. The GA launch time is global.
  • Waqui
    6268 posts Member
    With 24h phases, the starting time doesn't matter at all. Besides, no matter when the starting time is, it will always be the middle of the night for thousands of players somewhere in the world.
  • TVF
    18018 posts Member
    Agreed, but it wouldn't hurt to do a few different lock/start times.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ToLive
    58 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    With 24h phases, the starting time doesn't matter at all. Besides, no matter when the starting time is, it will always be the middle of the night for thousands of players somewhere in the world.
    Of course it is doesn't matter at ALL when you and you opponents from the same location. This thread is not about such situation.
  • Waqui
    6268 posts Member
    ToLive wrote: »
    Of course it is doesn't matter at ALL when you and you opponents from the same location. This thread is not about such situation.

With 24h phases, the starting time doesn't matter at all. You had 24 hours to set your 4 teams in that back section. The game board has this x/4 indicator in the zone. You had all the warning you needed.

Furthermore, your own score and your opponent's score are completely independant. If you do your best, there's really nothing more, you can do. If don't want to move first - then don't. It's a 24h phase. You can play it at any time you like.
  • ToLive
    58 posts Member
    ToLive wrote: »

With 24h phases, the starting time doesn't matter at all. You had 24 hours to set your 4 teams in that back section. The game board has this x/4 indicator in the zone. You had all the warning you needed.

Furthermore, your own score and your opponent's score are completely independant. If you do your best, there's really nothing more, you can do. If don't want to move first - then don't. It's a 24h phase. You can play it at any time you like.

Really, you don't see any advantage in starting time in 8:00 PM and 3:00 AM? 24h have ~8 unplayable hours when you sleep. So if you forced to finish the battles in 4 hour before deadline your opponent have great advantage. For example, he saw that you spent 2+ squads on some his squads, so he will not take risky turn with not full squads. But you always should take risk because you DON"T KNOW how good in attack is your opponent.

It's like two generals, one with full info about another and another without any info about first.
  • Waqui
    6268 posts Member
    No, I don't see the advantage. Your attacks and your opponent's attacks are two completely independant events. Your best performance is your best performance - disregarding how your opponent acts. The only advantage is, that by going second, you could relax a bit and not strive to do your best. That's it. There's no way to perform better than your best by going neither first nor second.

Your 2 generals analogy is not really an analogy. One general's actions directly affect the outcome of the other general's actions.